More snakeoil

They will, of course, affect the tracking weight by the weight of the device. I would be surprised if they weighed much less than 0.05 of a gram, enough to affect the sound. And, of course, there are flow on effects: even if you "correct" the tracking weight, the effective mass of the system, the position of the counterweight, the effect on anti-skate and even the stresses on the tonearm still all change by enough to change the sound.

It seems to me most unlikely - but not impossible - that they do much else. They don't need to - some of us will hear a change, and fill in the gap with what we're told to hear. Indeed there may really be an improvement if the tracking weight is slightly light to start off with. Is your turntable set up optimally?

Glad you said some, as this has never been an affliction for myself.

The numbers are in the SR site somewhere, I really don't care enough to look for it...but it was very low ;)

Guest Hensa

the cartridge device weighs 0.001 grams and they recommend readjusting the weight

According to users, it actually weighs 0.015g so a bit heavier than the website lists. Either way, re-setting VTF would be in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For DAC users without a turntable Ive found that this fantastic company has the "ECT" for us. Its incredible. Its even scientific as they explain it balances close proximity electromagnetic fields even from the outside of the case!  Wow.

ECT – Electronic Circuit Transducer
An exciting evolution of the ever expanding UEF Technology engineered to balance close proximity electromagnetic fields in electronic circuits. When placed inside your components ECT's or Electronic Circuit Transducers transform ordinary electronics to the extraordinary, while elevating state-of-the-art components to unprecedented levels of refinement.

ext001-500.jpg

ect-inside777.jpg

ect-outside777.jpg

That's settled then...

ZB and OP gave the thumbs down, folks shouldn't buy it presumably coz 2 thumb's down on the Internet > 1 thumb up from some guy named Fremer, assuming he really did review the said product (vs the two who did not). 

Gotta love the great audio debate.. Let's all debate something we don't own, or buy... And the people who actually did buy 'em is likely totally unaware of what's going on here in this little space...

Yes why defend them then?

Not sure if it's true for you, it has come to a point where every time the usual suspect says something don't work.. It most definitely will work.. :D

If I have a Turntable, I would most definitely buy that right now.. :D :D (Already purchased 10 questionable stuffs on e-bay in the past 30 days, what's 1 more? :D)

Exactly!

This product is made for you,try it.

Report back. :)

• Like 1

This is even better. "Quantum tunnelling."   Incredible.  The idiot doesnt even know the difference between subatomic and molecular levels. Hopefully he will zap himself into a parallel universe.

Cables of the new TESLA series are treated with a process called Quantum Tunneling. This is a process that changes the way a cable conducts the signal at the sub atomic level affecting the entire cable assembly- connectors (RCA, XLR, Spade, or Banana), solder joints, dielectric and signal and ground conductors are all transformed and integrated as a single unit. By applying a two million volt extreme high frequency signal to a cable at a specific pulse modulation and frequency for an exact duration of time, Synergistic Research alters the entire cable at molecular level through a phenomenon called Quantum Tunneling.

tesla-coil400.jpg
A cable in the Quantum Tunneling process - 2 million volt !

This is even better. "Quantum tunnelling."   Incredible.  The idiot doesnt even know the difference between subatomic and molecular levels. Hopefully he will zap himself into a parallel universe.

Cables of the new TESLA series are treated with a process called Quantum Tunneling. This is a process that changes the way a cable conducts the signal at the sub atomic level affecting the entire cable assembly- connectors (RCA, XLR, Spade, or Banana), solder joints, dielectric and signal and ground conductors are all transformed and integrated as a single unit. By applying a two million volt extreme high frequency signal to a cable at a specific pulse modulation and frequency for an exact duration of time, Synergistic Research alters the entire cable at molecular level through a phenomenon called Quantum Tunneling.

tesla-coil400.jpg

A cable in the Quantum Tunneling process - 2 million volt !

OOOoooh! AAAaah! :D

I love the way so many people reckon they are immune to sensory distortion. For centuries, scientists, illusionists and fraudsters have demonstrated most or all of us are susceptible to some extent.

EG, most pilots wouldn't have believed they could fly upside down or very close to it without noticing, but the science says otherwise.

Brock's polariser was clearly snake oil from the outset, but a few otherwise credible people reported subjective benefits.

I consider life too short to try anything that is proffered without some sort of credible rationale as to how or why it might do what is claimed. There are too many other things to try that make a modicum of sense and stand some chance of doing something useful. That necessitates filtering out a lot of stuff on the basis that it simply lacks credibility. For the stated reasons, a few endorsements based on subjective experiences doesn't alter that position.

I believe I have the right to say something like a magic dot looks a bit snaky to me despite not having tried it myself. I think those that are offended by that are being a bit precious. After all, it's just an opinion and it's probably not even un-PC. ;)

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 7

For DAC users without a turntable Ive found that this fantastic company has the "ECT" for us. Its incredible. Its even scientific as they explain it balances close proximity electromagnetic fields even from the outside of the case!  Wow.

ECT – Electronic Circuit Transducer

An exciting evolution of the ever expanding UEF Technology engineered to balance close proximity electromagnetic fields in electronic circuits. When placed inside your components ECT's or Electronic Circuit Transducers transform ordinary electronics to the extraordinary, while elevating state-of-the-art components to unprecedented levels of refinement.

ext001-500.jpg

ect-inside777.jpg

ect-outside777.jpg

ECT's on the front, the back and the bottom (in X diagram layout) of a component chassis

"...attaching the ECT to the outside of the CD player and linestage is very positive! As you mentioned, there is another level of natural harmonic clarity and musical presence without any sense of brightness or glare. Once I place them adjacent to the tubes, I can only imagine the results!"

for DAC users without a turntable...you say...

pity I'm a dac user and have a turntable ...

and I so would have so wanted to have these things studded all around the place :D  my daughter would have a ball sticking them all around the system hehe

look very cook when you turn off the lights 

It is noticeable none of those things relate to audio.

Yeah, that's true - but the principles are universal.

As an audio example, I do have my special green texta lying around somewhere - from the days when I was more enthusiastic about trying the latest tweaks and finding they actually worked :) ..................until they didn't anymore. :(   

Yeah, that's true - but the principles are universal.

As an audio example, I do have my special green texta lying around somewhere - from the days when I was more enthusiastic about trying the latest tweaks and finding they actually worked :) ..................until they didn't anymore. :(   

So you are inferring that all senses are identical in how they work and how they are processed by the brain, and this is universal across the population?

Granted some are effected in a major way and others to a lesser extent to varying degrees, this is not universal, no two people are identical and that is the brain also. Although I am under the impression that some do think that we are all effected the same way to the same degree, depending on the forum you inhabit.

Man, this discussion is so deja vu, too much so.

So you are inferring that all senses are identical in how they work and how they are processed by the brain, and this is universal across the population?

No, I'm not inferring that.  Biological and physiological variables typically follow a "normal distribution" which is a bell curve.  Most of the population are roughly grouped somewhere around the centre and the numbers at each extreme decreases exponentially as you move away from the centre.

So, everyone's different and there are exceptions to just about any rule.  But, with respect to the sorts of parameters we are discussing, very different but still "normal" is rare and very, very different is exceedingly rare.

To use the pilot example, those that thought they could tell if they were flying steeply banked or even upside down were almost all of them.  Those that actually could were very few.  I suspect that the same sort of thing applies to auditory perception also.  That's what I meant by saying the principle is universal.

But, like I said, it's just an opinion and I'm not fussed if people disagree. :)

Edited by Tony M

I find it strange that it appears I'm the only one on this forum discussion who has actually heard these products in a system and yet there are so many absolute opinions that they cannot work. kind of reminds me of talk back radio.

I find it strange that it appears I'm the only one on this forum discussion who has actually heard these products in a system and yet there are so many absolute opinions that they cannot work. kind of reminds me of talk back radio.

No different to most of the threads here.

People who have not heard the mentioned product arguing against people who have heard and probably own the mentioned product. Not sure why?

Generally when I have not heard a product, I don't have much to say except ask questions

• Like 2

anyone who walked into that hotel room in munich would have wondered what kind of sound system they were listening to and how dynamic and cohesive it was and then to see a bose unit sitting front and centre, the next expression would have been "you are f--king kidding me" and then the confusion sets in. all knowns go out the window and you just sit there trying to work it out. still can't figure it but as I haven't followed it up, that's to be expected. like I said before, I heard 4 incredible sounding systems in munich and the uk and this was one of them. kay sera sera......

anyone who walked into that hotel room in munich would have wondered what kind of sound system they were listening to and how dynamic and cohesive it was and then to see a bose unit sitting front and centre, the next expression would have been "you are f--king kidding me" and then the confusion sets in. all knowns go out the window and you just sit there trying to work it out. still can't figure it but as I haven't followed it up, that's to be expected. like I said before, I heard 4 incredible sounding systems in munich and the uk and this was one of them. kay sera sera......

I was at Audio Trends a few w/ends ago when they had there show, outside the listening room for the Magnaplanars was a Bose surround system, all I could say is "f-----g stunning", especially the clarity and dynamics from speakers no bigger than a tin can....

As a tech, when I am presented with something new and different, I want to know how it works. Since Synergistic Research have seen fit to not answer my question re. the device, perhaps you would care to answer for them? I am particularly interested in the physical effects caused by using the devices on circuit boards, fuses and chassis parts, though an explanation for headshell effects would be nice too.

• Like 4

Guest Eggcup The Daft

the cartridge device weighs 0.001 grams and they recommend readjusting the weight

This seems unlikely, but I don't have one to weigh.

The point I am making is that the device at least does something by virtue of its presence. Even if you rebalance the tonearm, it changes the weight distribution and balance of a stressed mechanical system. For me as a sceptic, it makes it harder to determine if whatever else it does makes a change of the same or greater magnitude - to test the claim made. I guess that you have to blind test it against the equivalent weight of blutack, and work to convince the blutack group that they are really listening to the device and of the wonderful change it brings.

And, of course, you need to allow for the fact that readjusting the tonearm may bring a big improvement on its own, with or without the device present. If we add the device and then adjust the tonearm until we hear the change described, then it works, doesn't it?