Mad Max Fury Road THREAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN IT. SPOILERS!!!

Yeah, watched it on Blu-ray today.  Wished I had at least a one sub, but still, even with just a couple of bookshelf speakers it sounded awesome.

One big long car chase.  Loved it.  

Although after watching the Screen Junkies honest trailers clip during the week, Max's grunting did stand out and was rather annoying.   :lol:

Edited by Monk
  • Like 1

watched this on Saturday night with my 19yr old daughter, i got the Anthology on Bluray as a fathers day present.

It came with the other 3 movies and I said to my daughter to watched the 1st where it all began to understand it.   The acting in the 1st movie was terrible.  Some of the scenes were filmed at Science Work in Spotswood where the old sewage pumping station is, that was referred as " The Hall Of Justice"  in one scene the westgate bridge was shoot in the background.  There is also a scene done at the Altona Pier as the gang shoots a manican on the beach front.  Its the 1st time after all these years that I realised the 1st movie  was done here in Melbourne.

Anyway are very entertaining movie....

Edited by Addicted to music

watched this on Saturday night with my 19yr old daughter, i got the Anthology on Bluray as a fathers day present.

It came with the other 3 movies and I said to my daughter to watched the 1st where it all began to understand it.   The acting in the 1st movie was terrible.  Some of the scenes were filmed at Science Work in Spotswood where the old sewage pumping station is, that was referred as " The Hall Of Justice"  in one scene the westgate bridge was shoot in the background.  There is also a scene done at the Altona Pier as the gang shoots a manican on the beach front.  Its the 1st time after all these years that I realised the 1st movie  was done here in Melbourne.

I'm planning a day out with my 16 yo where we visit as many of the locations as possible

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/making/madmax/

• Like 1

Recently watched this movie. In terms of storyline and plot....what plot and storyline? There is none. While the movie had great action filled effects throughout the 2 hours, I don't think it is anywhere near the original Mad Max in terms of overall enjoyability. 6.75/10 for me.

Recently watched this movie. In terms of storyline and plot....what plot and storyline? There is none. While the movie had great action filled effects throughout the 2 hours, I don't think it is anywhere near the original Mad Max in terms of overall enjoyability. 6.75/10 for me.

What do you expect, it's an action movie.....:D. :P

The story line and plot was there, you just have to be nt so distracted from the action. :D

One thing that didn't work was trying to make all those supermodels look the part, well to me they failed in this attempt because they will make anything look good....they'll make me look good if they stood next to.....humble me!

One thing that didn't work was trying to make all those supermodels look the part, well to me they failed in this attempt because they will make anything look good....they'll make me look good if they stood next to.....humble me!

That statement makes no sense whatsoever :unsure:

Who failed making who look good and who makes who look good by standing next to what?

:mellow:

the gang shoots a manican on the beach front. 

Nothing like getting shot on the beach front, even if you are a manican............what ever that is!! :D

I just watched this latest edition yesterday and I have to agree that there was plenty of action, great to look at, great sound, but zero plot really................I'd wager they're already shooting the sequel too.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

DV,

Stand next to any 1/2 naked supermodel and they will make you look pretty.....

I'll take that as a compliment

:lol:

I've always thought the opposite, you'd just end up making the model look better

That is probably more like the truth however.

(And what he was trying to say, but managed to stuff up twice

Remind me never to enter a pub quiz with Pchan AKA Addicted to music)

:lol:

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

Nothing like getting shot on the beach front, even if you are a manican............what ever that is!! :D

Or stabbed, even if you're a skinhead :ph34r:

(Romper stomper)

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

I watched it the other day when it came out on Bluray.

I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed, and I was watching it in 3D [very subtle 3D effect by the way, almost to the point of none existence for a lot of the movie ], I think it was because I didn't care less what happened to any of the characters as they were never fleshed out enough.[ I actually had more fun spotting all the people I know in the movie ...A lot of extras ]

Millers already got some footage for the two yet to be released sequels in the can..... original it might be, but Mad Max as a story, hasn't seemed to age well.....guess we we see if things improve, I hope so...., not that I thought the movie was bad, it was just a bit Meh for me, if you know what I mean. 

Edited by Tweaky

Also watched the first Max the other day and could see how much Aireys Inlet has changed since then.(Max,s beach house)

I believe also a bit filmed out Mernda way which is not far from where I grew up.

There is also a scene done at the Altona Pier as the gang shoots a manican on the beach front.

Seaford pier A2M...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079501/locations

http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/m/Mad-Max.html#.VfZxLZesNko

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/making/madmax/

There's been works there since with a cafe and also rotunda (about 20 years ago), but I grew up at this beach.  Ahhh high school, beach sports during the day and drinking & beach parties at night...those were the days.  ;)

Edited by Kaynin

I wasn't arguing, DVP was making incorrect statements and I was correcting him

Good to see you havn't changed caddi,  :thumb:

May I remind you that kundalini wants his hand back.

And "it could be the result of an anxiety"

"well you've seen it...you've heard it... and your still asking questions?"

" no not me, this is not what i wanted..."

"Johnny the boy has done it again, this time its the scrubber..."

"but we are going to teach him bubba"

"a fella...a quick fella, might have a weapon under there...I'd have to pin his head to the panel..."

"so how do you expect us to get it there? ..drag it?"

"3 days ago, I saw a rig"

"you wanna get out of here?...you talk to me"

"the gate...shut the ....gate"

suspension of willing disbelief is how movies work. I cant wait to see it.

I just watched this latest edition yesterday and I have to agree that there was plenty of action, great to look at, great sound, but zero plot really................I'd wager they're already shooting the sequel too.

Cheers,

Keith

The plot is:

Get a lot of supermodels in the flesh in the story, have plenty of action scenes to keep the audience occupied, get a number of high profile actors, have a sequel for a decent income, and hopefully daughters will buy it for a Father's Day present.....

Worked for me! My daughter went out and bought as a Father's Day present.....but.....the truth is she wanted to see what Mad Max was all about, and yeah, typical gen Y, "it's a Schitt movie that makes you wanna watch it again...." Her words...:D

The plot is:

Get a lot of supermodels in the flesh in the story, have plenty of action scenes to keep the audience occupied, get a number of high profile actors, have a sequel for a decent income, and hopefully daughters will buy it for a Father's Day present.....

Worked for me! My daughter went out and bought as a Father's Day present.....but.....the truth is she wanted to see what Mad Max was all about, and yeah, typical gen Y, "it's a Schitt movie that makes you wanna watch it again...." Her words... :D

Thanks for all that, A2M, but mine wasn't a gift from my daughters, but rather my youngest bought it for herself, which in the end is just as good. :D You still haven't explained what a manican is though :confused:

Cheers,

Keith