Mad Max Fury Road THREAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN IT. SPOILERS!!!

Hey I thought we can talk about the movie here as a lot of peopke haven't seen it yet.

:)

So.

Yeh, it was fun.

Not much plot or dialogue and Max was almost a sidekick to Furiosa.

We actuwlly missed the first cople of minutes as the process of selling tickets and popcorn seemed very complicated to the cinema staff and we were in the line for 40 minutes :o

Came in just as they were tattooing his back..,or something.

Still, a good fun chase movie with lots of cool cars and crazy people as expected.

The guitar guy on the truck was gold.

^_^

What was the go with those people on stilts in the swamp

:lol:

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

The story was paper thin and the action was as thick as a phone book!

I loved the visual and sound effects and I really enjoyed the score. I can't wait to get this on Blu Ray and turn up the volume.

Edited by dolphy
  • Like 2

The story was paper thin.

Yup.

Let's escape and go to that place.

Aaargh we're under attack.

Well, that place was no good, let's go 6 months that way.

Nah, bugger that, let's go back to where we came from.

Was the "birth room" or whatever it was, a nod to the Thunderdome BTW?

It looked it, it would have been great to see Tina Turner play the role of the old lady, I can't recall if she survived Thunderdome.

Yup.

Let's escape and go to that place.

Well, that place was no good, let's go 6 months that way.

Nah, bugger that, let's go back to where we came from.

It was at this point that I rolled my eyes and almost knocked myself out.

Good choice to create another thread as I've been itching to discuss and now you know why I couldn't.

I'll start by slating my belief being that hype kills any movie. I really wanted Tron Legacy to knock me for six but I walked out of the cinema disappointed. Later I watched it at home on bluray and loved it. The difference? I was less critical and more able to enjoy the experience for what it was.

I think Miller did a fantastic job at keeping the plot minimal and action intense. It's what made the last Dredd film so enjoyable and the surprising success of the year.

Give it time to sink in and I think you'll realise there's quite a rich backstory woven in to the film. Miller's genius is in not belabouring the point. He concentrates on what we came to the cinema to see.

DVP - You definitely missed a trick by not seeing it right from the very beginning. The movie engages like a supercharger and by the time the first scene is over - some ten to twenty minutes later - you're left buzzing in your seat trying to make sense of everything that just happened at the speed of insanity but wanting the ride to continue. And that's the main point - it's what makes this film such a success - you want that ride to continue and never stop.

I'll stand by my original assessment - the film is a resounding triumph and a calling out to all action films before and after it. Like what the original Matrix film did for Sci-fi/bullet time - Fury Road has raised the Action genre and it'll never be the same again.

Edited by wim
  • Like 3

I know I need to look up the first couple of minutes online.

:(

And yes I was hoping to see Tina Turner or at least a lookalike somewhere in the beginning.

A Mel Gibson cameo in the crowds would have been cool too.

Have him look Hardy up and down and go "pfft" or something.

For the record I thought Tron was awesome.

It was everything the original wanted to be, but still was at the time with the technology available.

It wasn't too over the top and everything was just that little bit (ok, quite a bit) more shiny and polished.

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

Its a action film and that's what you get all action. I will have to get it on Bluray and put the subtitles on to understand half of it,

The Doof Wagon is awesome. That's what The Hells Angels need when the go for a ride

• Like 1

Loved it, was funny to see John Howard in the show, and loved Hugh Keays- Byrne's character.

It still had that sparseness about it that I and II had, and that a lot of other Oz movies seem to have.

No idea where it fits in, chronologically.

Fantastic cinematography, loved the blue look to the night scenes.

• Like 1

Can anyone ID some of the speakers on the doof wagon?

Can anyone ID some of the speakers on the doof wagon?

The ones sitting on top reminded me of these Yammy ones.

post-145321-0-16642300-1431929594_thumb.

But Probably not

:unsure:

guitargimp2.jpg

"George [Miller] — unfortunately — doesn’t like things that don’t work", production designer Colin Gibson told MTV. "I have in the past built him props that I thought were just supposed to be props, and then he goes, “Okay, plug it in now.â€

"The first version of the guitar which — I think — I put too much into the flame thrower, not enough into the reverb. And yes, the flame throwing guitar did have to operate, did have to play, the PA system did have to work"

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/05/18/mad-max-fury-roads-flame-spewing-guitar-actually-works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RRCQONzVb4

Edited by wim

I think that's what makes big movies magic. Stuff that's real.

Movies with real stuff (real props, real actors, real stunts, real crowds of people) will always be remembered.

The Interceptor got a bit...modded..... Laughed at him hanging out the window yelling out 'hey, that's mine!!'.

Edited by Darren69

.The Interceptor got a bit...modded..... Laughed at him hanging out the window yelling out 'hey, that's mine!!'.

I was shocked when they thrashed it!

I thought for sure Max would leap across and take it back

:blink:

The plot is kinda 80s teenage comedy, when you think about it:

Max picks up some hot girls after a party and takes them home. It's kinda lame, so they invite some of their friends along and go back to the party. They get chased by boys. Hilarity ensues.

--Geoff

• Like 1

The plot is kinda 80s teenage comedy, when you think about it:

Max picks up some hot girls after a party and takes them home. It's kinda lame, so they invite some of their friends along and go back to the party. They get chased by boys. Hilarity ensues.

--Geoff

Porkys