Mad Max Fury Road THREAD FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN IT. SPOILERS!!!

Just got back from watching it with the missus. As the credits started rolling and the lights came on, she turned to me and said "what the f#ck did I just watch?", but not in an entirely bad way.

Visually, simply stunning. Effects, brilliant and nearly seemless. Pacing, buckle up son cos this ride don't stop for the next 2hrs. Breath-taking. Sound and acting, fairly top notch.

As far a story that gets you thinking, or even emotionally involved? Nope.

A simple summary - an extremely entertaining visual experience.

Yep Spyne my missus had the same reaction. Did you see it at the Titan XC

Yep Spyne my missus had the same reaction. Did you see it at the Titan XC

No, we had a couple of free tix to the local. Will be travelling to Waurn Ponds Titan XC for Jurassic World though.

• Like 1

The Jurassic movies terrify me on a deep level. :DNot sure why, maybe it's the thought of six tonne lizards chasing you.

I rewatched them all last year.

Still good movies.

It's funny how some of the SFX in those movies look really good while others look like people running on treadmills in front of a green screen...which they probably were.

Just saw a trailer for the new one yesterday.

Looks like lots of fun.

:)

I rewatched them all last year.

Still good movies.

It's funny how some of the SFX in those movies look really good while others look like people running on treadmills in front of a green screen...which they probably were.

Just saw a trailer for the new one yesterday.

Looks like lots of fun.

I have to say that after watching the Max trailor, it looks too fake for my liking!

That's what I have found with most of the movies that rely heavily on SFX. The movies decades ago seemed more 'real' !

I have to say that after watching the Max trailor, it looks too fake for my liking!

That's what I have found with most of the movies that rely heavily on SFX. The movies decades ago seemed more 'real' !

Most of the stuff in Mad Max is real though.

It's just very stylized and shiny.

...ahh ok, about as real as a hollywood basement! :lol:

Dunno.

All the cars are real, all the driving was done on location with the whole fleet of cars driving side by side as seen in the movie, sometimes at 80km/h.

With the guys hanging on those swinging poles.

The flamethrower on the guitar is real, the stunts are (mostly) real.

Not sure about ALL of the explosions but the vehicle carnage is real too.

:mellow:

Of course it's not gonna be as bleak and pale as the original.

It's 2015

;)

Edited by Dirty_vinylpusher

That's what gets me?

If soo much is 'real' then why does it all look so fake?

That would be the "stylized and shiny" factor I referred to earlier.

That and also the fact that we to some extent have become so used to fake stuff that we think stuff is fake even when it's not.

That would be the "stylized and shiny" factor I referred to earlier.

That and also the fact that we to some extent have become so used to fake stuff that we think stuff is fake even when it's not.

Maybe that's it ! :)

I know I need to look up the first couple of minutes online.

:(

And yes I was hoping to see Tina Turner or at least a lookalike somewhere in the beginning.

A Mel Gibson cameo in the crowds would have been cool too.

Have him look Hardy up and down and go "pfft" or something.

:lol:

Why would you want to see Tina Turner? To remind you of the worst film in the series? I loved Mel in the role but the the casting of Tom Hardy is inspired. There's no better hard man actor on the planet atm...

Why would you want to see Tina Turner? To remind you of the worst film in the series? I loved Mel in the role but the the casting of Tom Hardy is inspired. There's no better hard man actor on the planet atm...

He seems to be rather short though.

Saw a couple of pics from a premiere or something and he looked tiny compared to the women.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Went and saw this with my daughter (her second veiwing) and we had a good chat about on the way home.

I really enjoyed it, and as I'm having a cup of tea and reflecting on there is much more to it than just cars and explosions.

Like most good westerns (all Mad Max films are westerns) its light on for plot but heavy on style action and character

I thought Nux was the most interesting character of the lot, as he "lived, died and lived again"

Max reminded me a lot of the Feral Kid in MM2

I'm thinking about it as I type and it has a really strong anti war message, the warboys are brainwashed and treated like machines (blood transfusions/refuelling, silver spray in the mouth/nitrous down the air intake). They are used to prop up the ruling class without any reward....

But its late and past my bedtime

• 1 month later...

Just watched it then.  Wasn't bad, I enjoyed most of it for the level that it is...

One thing though, I certainly noticed the level of CGI used, it looked quite fake - now when CGI started in movies I found it really hard to pick, but as movies got older and you watched them again it would be more obvious - but with several new movies of late they just look fake to me  - very 2D like, as mentioned in an earlier post, running on a treadmill in front of the green screen.  I'm "happy" this was mentioned earlier because I found this to be fairly prominent in this flick.