Netflix currently watching

20 minutes ago, Astrosound said:

Mr Mercedes - viewable. 99.9 netflix not worth $$.

If you don't like it, don't subscribe.     There's plenty of entertainment, both on Netflix and off.  Want to save $, sign up for Amazon prime.  About $5 a month and it includes Prime Video.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, aussievintage said:

If you don't like it, don't subscribe.     There's plenty of entertainment, both on Netflix and off.  Want to save $, sign up for Amazon prime.  About $5 a month and it includes Prime Video.

It is not about $$$, but quality of offered. And it is everywhere not only on Netflix. Not sure if you understand me.

56 minutes ago, Astrosound said:

Mr Mercedes - viewable. 99.9 netflix not worth $$

17 minutes ago, Astrosound said:

It is not about $$$, but quality of offered

I think you are saying Mr Mercedes is viewable.

Why bother commenting here if everything is not up to your standards?

On 10/10/2022 at 8:47 PM, Hazzzy said:

I think you are saying Mr Mercedes is viewable.

Why bother commenting here if everything is not up to your standards?

My standards should be everyone standards. I was filmophile and have watched more that 350 movies a year, including all classics like italian, french, etc.

Mr. Mercedes series is ending like majority od series - with  very, very very stupid ending.

Bitter Daisies was really good, Animal Kingdom until Jeanine was gone, Breaking Bad -> really good, tense, excellent acting. Mostly on networks like Netflix is there to make you more stupid, politically correct, to forget thinking/asking questions.

Sorry to be a bit harsh.

I guess I must be stupid then 🤣 going by the comment above 👆

I just finished Mr Mercedes and thought the ending was brilliant - it was set up so that  there could be another series and the story continue on, or it was left up to your imagination what you think may happen.

Would that person continue on with the serial killer they thought was living inside of them (and my feeling was Yes) or not?

As with most of the Series shows, you never know if they will be renewed or not and until the network decides it is often left open ended.

But I loved the series and the actors and I am disappointed it did not get a Season 4. 

I just watch shows to be entertained and think of them as throw away - disposable & move on to the next,

It is my music I take seriously................

We are all different.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Astrosound said:

My standards should be everyone standards. I was filmophile and have watched more that 350 movies a year, including all classics like italian, french, etc.

I've watched over 350 films over the past year as well (working on the '1,001 films to watch before you die' list) - it doesn't make my opinion on film/TV superior or more correct than anyone else's opinion. Your opinion or standard is exactly that - yours, and watching a certain number of films doesn't make it the right standard for everyone.

• Like 1

Watched Nobody last night.

Mindless action film.
The plot appeared to have been created by someone with the Cliffs Notes for John Wick but with sufficient revision to avoid detection by the plagiarism algorithms.

- wolf in sheep’s clothing

- Russian mafia

- bonfire sponsored by Russian mafia

- old school muscle car

- furry co-star in minor supporting role

Mindless but light entertainment nonetheless.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1348059417/?playlistId=tt7888964?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MultiplexMan said:

Watched Nobody last night.

Mindless action film.
The plot appeared to have been created by someone with the Cliffs Notes for John Wick but with sufficient revision to avoid detection by the plagiarism algorithms.

- wolf in sheep’s clothing

- Russian mafia

- bonfire sponsored by Russian mafia

- old school muscle car

- furry co-star in minor supporting role

Mindless but light entertainment nonetheless.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1348059417/?playlistId=tt7888964?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

I rather enjoyed Nobody and didn't think of it so much as mindless, but what the escalation and consequences of a simple home invasion can amount to, unoriginality and similarities to John Wick aside.😀 

I'm a fan of Bob Odenkirk anyway, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, so that's a good start for me to have him in the lead role.:thumb:

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 4

Guest crankit
On 20/10/2022 at 6:44 AM, Astrosound said:

The Nightingale is tensed movie clearly showing attitude of colonisators. Worth to see! Very good.

100%

p16746497_p_v8_ab.jpg

On 24/10/2022 at 11:03 PM, crankit said:

100%

p16746497_p_v8_ab.jpg

Also well worth watching a modern take on The Drover's Wife, on Apple TV

https://itunes.apple.com/au/movie/the-drovers-wife-the-legend-of-molly-johnson/id1620942019

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-03/the-drovers-wife-the-legend-of-molly-johnson-leah-purcell/101032364

On 31/10/2022 at 12:30 PM, Neo said:

Anyone watched “All quiet on the western front” on Netflix yet?

Neo

No but I am super keen - getting great reviews

I need to be in the right mood for it though- and preferably on a weekend.

I was really disappointed by season 3 of Derry Girls - it turned into a lame kind of Nancy Drew whodunnit. LOVED the first two series.