Zammo's Man Cave

• 3 weeks later...

Dual purpose addition to the cave today. Billi racks from IKEA. Main purpose is of course CD and bluray storage, but hoping for added benefit of some first reflection point diffusion as well. Two more racks on the opposite wall. Formal room treatments aiming for early next year.

d317b9106cb5427d19f3dacb7112220a.jpg

6db92860635fa88c4015a3976e3311b4.jpg

Edited by Zammo

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the sale of the kids on ebay coves the costs of the repairs.... :D:D:D:D:D

They've all got two kidneys, so there may even be some funds left over to cover cost of surrounds. Edited by Zammo
  • Like 1

Poo bugger $hit.

No covers? As much as I'd love to leave the covers off my collection of Focals, they usually go back on after a movie or serious listening to 2ch, especially like this morning when the cleaners were due... DO NOT DUST OR CLEAN MY EQUIPMENT, leave that to me!!!

Poo bugger ****.

No covers? As much as I'd love to leave the covers off my collection of Focals, they usually go back on after a movie or serious listening to 2ch, especially like this morning when the cleaners were due... DO NOT DUST OR CLEAN MY EQUIPMENT, leave that to me!!!

Yeah, I have covers, but they go on and off depending on what's being listened too. Forgot to put them back on and presto. By the looks of the damage, even the covers may not have prevented some deformity to the woofer. Edited by Zammo

Yeah looks like a loss of balance type of damage where a hand goes out to save a fall. At least those speakers are so beefy they wouldn't knock them over.

How old are the kids? I'm trying to train my 4 and 6yo kids to use and enjoy our gear, including the TT, but also preaching care and respect. Should never have bought that Abba Gold album though...

• Like 1

Yeah looks like a loss of balance type of damage where a hand goes out to save a fall. At least those speakers are so beefy they wouldn't knock them over.

How old are the kids? I'm trying to train my 4 and 6yo kids to use and enjoy our gear, including the TT, but also preaching care and respect. Should never have bought that Abba Gold album though...

Kids are 9, 7 and 3. Obviously the 3 year old is the main concern, but I did have to point out to the 9 year old daughter cartwheels near the speakers was a no no.

Poo bugger $hit.

my focals don't even have covers…well I had to request for them separately ! and they were provided but never have ever used them ! somehow got kids through that touchy feely stage…they seem to have picked up that dad starts heading to hyper ventilating if they go near touching any of the hifi av stuff :D

my younger daughter now old enough works the av side pretty well watching appletv-netflix, fta or dvds/blu-rays. but the hifi side still left to me.

but yeah zammos is a bit of a headsup on damage that can happen. I would be heartbroken to find a busted driver on any of my speakers. I know a beryllium tweeter is $3k !

zammo hopefully come out of this not costing to much ! 

oh yeah blybo any dusting of the gear …is me only too ! hehehe

Quick vac fix as per Stuart. Now in discussion as to whether to replace just this woofer with current MK5, or upgrade all 4 woofers to Mk6 in early Feb. Could be a blessing in disguise, but don't tell the boss!

4c5cf841bd519ead43ac09ef350426cc.jpg

• Like 4

My poor old Bose floorstanders had tiny holes in the dust covers so I could inch a tiny wire in there and pop them back out every time my kids (and then nieces/nephews) pushed the dust cap in.

Is normal @@Zammo. :)

You still have a righteous domain. :)

• Like 1