Lampizator Owners & Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, RCZR said:

Thanks for the link to the old website too! A lot of reading there. 

It was further modified by Lukasz before being sent to me. Very happy with his additional mods on the unit and the option of also rolling the ubiquitous 6SN7 tube. I also run a 240v to 220v stepdown Tortech transformer with it to dial in circa 230v for the incoming AC mains.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Golden Gate just arrived today and so far impressions are positive. Thought I might be low on gain without a separate linestage but seems ok………just. 

It’s an older GG but Lampizators last for a long time!

IMG_1623.thumb.jpeg.963a901003dd41960c739071547f5317.jpeg

IMG_1620.thumb.jpeg.138c5d5e082bd64901b94b0bbeb75c8e.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Wow 3

12 minutes ago, RankStranger said:

Oh man, that’s gorgeous! @Gryffles

So you’re running direct to a power amp? Which one?

Thanks!

Yes direct to power amps which I was rather nervous about as I love my Supratek so much. They are Firstwatt F6 monoblock clones that I built. PM me if you want info on building as they can perform to a high level with chokes and a few other bits : )

Edited by Gryffles
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gryffles said:

Thanks!

Yes direct to power amps which I was rather nervous about as I love my Supratek so much. They are Firstwatt F6 monoblock clones that I built. PM me if you want info on building as they can perform to a high level with chokes and a few other bits : )

nice. Is that what you replaced the f5t with? 

I’ve started gathering bits for an M2x but I’m starting a 6-month tafe course in “electrotechnology” in a couple of weeks so I’m waiting until I’m a bit less clueless before I start it.

Plenty to go on with in the meantime 🙂

• Like 1

On 16/12/2023 at 5:16 PM, RCZR said:

A couple of Pacific images. I have a gold plated version with a black front. My system is entirely dedicated to streaming now. 

IMG_1912.thumb.jpeg.29d54e016304a27066bc118f23990b55.jpegIMG_1910.thumb.jpeg.21702587c0ebd6a24aa5f000655f49e4.jpeg

What’s a system. I am living in Gungahlin so can I come to listen to your Lampizator whenever you are free. Have you upgraded your Oladra to G4. Mine already got it done a month ago. Thanks. Kev

• Like 1

Thanks Kev, will PM. I haven’t upgraded the Oladra yet but intend to in coming months. It will mean trying out USB cables again, given both upgrades to Pacific and Oladra have made some  improvements there. I’m using AES to Lampi at the moment. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2023 at 8:50 PM, xlr8or said:

Fully agree and can attest they are excellent sounding DACs with full texture, body and energy. I own this older Buffalo prototype bought directly from Poland a few years ago.

http://www.lampizator.eu/lampizator/references/buffalo dac/buffalodac.html

20210124_234206.thumb.jpg.acb05c00c0d0af49802223bd3163127e.jpg

All three magic things I'm wanting to hear 🎶

"full texture, body and energy"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

PT14 postal tubes made in Italy,  just fired them up in the Golden Gate. 

The beautiful Zebrano socket adapters are from Takacs and Pinter Audio in Hungary.

Sounding fine although a tad bright which settles after a while apparently

IMG_1797.thumb.jpeg.2c4d4157b3371ad603d9056aecfc7e6a.jpegIMG_1798.thumb.jpeg.7b276eafa6e00441e8e9fad77dca106a.jpegIMG_1796.thumb.jpeg.c8c3b61540bdedbe2ef2097257ec6c7d.jpeg

Edited by Gryffles
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wow 4

• 3 weeks later...

I’m now officially a (very happy) Lampi owner with the arrival of the “entry level” Amber 4.  Freight from Poland was 6 days on the nose with excellent tracking updates from DHL.

I’ve only had limited opportunity for serious listening, but what I have done has satisfied me that I’ve made the right choice. It’s a beautiful organic, spacious presentation and I’ve had several “oh wow” moments with some familiar tracks already. 
Over the last 6 weeks, I’ve been listening with a dac that would cost substantially more at rrp (in fact more at second hand prices too) and this thing blows it away. I can only imagine how good the higher Lampi models are. 

IMG_5374.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, captain.j said:

I’m now officially a (very happy) Lampi owner with the arrival of the “entry level” Amber 4.  Freight from Poland was 6 days on the nose with excellent tracking updates from DHL.

I’ve only had limited opportunity for serious listening, but what I have done has satisfied me that I’ve made the right choice. It’s a beautiful organic, spacious presentation and I’ve had several “oh wow” moments with some familiar tracks already. 
Over the last 6 weeks, I’ve been listening with a dac that would cost substantially more at rrp (in fact more at second hand prices too) and this thing blows it away. I can only imagine how good the higher Lampi models are. 

IMG_5374.jpeg

What was your previous dac?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, barbz127 said:

What was your previous dac?

I’m reluctant to mention it publicly at this stage because a friend is selling one on SNA at the moment. But the point is, I landed this for $6100 and the rrp on the one I had on demonstration is $12k. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 2:07 PM, Gryffles said:

PT14 postal tubes made in Italy,  just fired them up in the Golden Gate. 

The beautiful Zebrano socket adapters are from Takacs and Pinter Audio in Hungary.

Sounding fine although a tad bright which settles after a while apparently

IMG_1797.thumb.jpeg.2c4d4157b3371ad603d9056aecfc7e6a.jpegIMG_1798.thumb.jpeg.7b276eafa6e00441e8e9fad77dca106a.jpegIMG_1796.thumb.jpeg.c8c3b61540bdedbe2ef2097257ec6c7d.jpeg

Well the Philips PT14 tubes and adapters just didn’t suit my system……..Will advertise them at some point 
Kinda weird but I guess that most guys would be using them in newer versions of the Golden Gate / Big 7 or Pacifics. 

I’ve got a quad of RK Anniversary PX4 on the way……fingers crossed these do the trick 😅

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RCZR said:

Well, I am thinking about the Taka 274B… 

Yeah, supposed to be very good. The Elrog probably isn’t a slouch either 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...