Universal Remote with expansion options?

• Volunteer
Just now, El Tel said:

apple free zone here 😁🤣

Which is probably my issue. Most devs across most supposed heterogeneous landscapes seem to pour heart-and-soul into IOS dev work and just fling together some shonky POS for Android.

• Haha 1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, El Tel said:

Which is probably my issue. Most devs across most supposed heterogeneous landscapes seem to pour heart-and-soul into IOS dev work and just fling together some shonky POS for Android.

I wonder why? 😛

• Haha 1

• Administrator
Just now, Satanica said:

The Elite by default has IR coming from the blaster(s) but can be changed to the remote per device which is configurable in the software.

This is what I thought. 👍
It's just been a couple of years since I've used the Elite.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 29/03/2023 at 3:44 PM, El Tel said:

It's more sophisticated than the last foray into Logitech I had that ended up with it getting drop-punted into the pool...

I'm noticing discrepancies in syncing too when using the PC Logitech app versus using the Android app.

I'm not getting overly bothered on the Samsung hdmi input either as I'm likely to move back to an AV pre shortly so that will render the Samsung input changes moot.

How are getting on with the Logitech now? All dialled in?

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer

The individual control of each box seems to work pretty well, but the "activities" I have setup for listening to music, watching TV (with Foxtel) and watching a movie are clunky. A lot of times one of the boxes does not power up despite messing around with pauses etc. The IQ5 box is particularly stubborn.

In fairness, the listen to music activity is nothing more than firing-up the pre-amp anyway and the 12v triggers handle the monoblocks. That one is at least reliable in operation.

To be honest, I've shelved the activities part for the time being but when I get it in my head to fix it, I will persevere. I have tried moving the blaster around, but get similar outcomes regardless.

The Android app is at least useful for turning on the music from bed and turning it up 😁

• Like 1

I've never used the Activities, I just stick to Devices cause I find Activities too clunky and unreliable.

And what I do is suck in commands from other Device(s) that are in common with a particular Device.

Edited by Satanica
  • Like 1

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, El Tel said:

The individual control of each box seems to work pretty well, but the "activities" I have setup for listening to music, watching TV (with Foxtel) and watching a movie are clunky. A lot of times one of the boxes does not power up despite messing around with pauses etc. The IQ5 box is particularly stubborn.

In fairness, the listen to music activity is nothing more than firing-up the pre-amp anyway and the 12v triggers handle the monoblocks. That one is at least reliable in operation.

To be honest, I've shelved the activities part for the time being but when I get it in my head to fix it, I will persevere. I have tried moving the blaster around, but get similar outcomes regardless.

The Android app is at least useful for turning on the music from bed and turning it up 😁

One thing that drove me nuts with the blasters was direct sunlight. They don't seem to like that.

We have one of our lounge rooms where if a particular window blind is up, we get poor results.

A possibility?

• Volunteer
2 hours ago, Marc said:

One thing that drove me nuts with the blasters was direct sunlight. They don't seem to like that.

We have one of our lounge rooms where if a particular window blind is up, we get poor results.

A possibility?

It happens at night too. I will look into it when I get my mojo on to investigate properly.

• Volunteer
10 minutes ago, Marc said:

Scratch that then!

I'm no tech Luddite, but the whole activities thing has me somewhat discombobulated. Needs digging.

• 7 months later...

still using an old logitech harmony 1100 from over a decade/s ago....original one i had started playing up.. picked up another ... 🙂 probably keep going another decade ? 

picked up another logitech as back up in any case and stuck that in storage.. incase need it one day...

Edited by betty boop
  • Like 1

I too still have the ol' 1100 in the living room.

A number of years ago I somehow ended up on the Harmony beta testing program and would get sent their new remotes to put through their paces.

This was when the 1000 got replaced by the 1100.

I now have the above 1100 (plus spare) and 2 x 900s, one of these and a 300 in the draw.

Also a couple of family members also ended up with 'free remotes'. 

I love my 900, although I no longer bother to use the RF capabilities, it's a solid performer.

Hydrology, that new unit looks like it has plenty of potential, good luck!

Edited by treb
Bad spelling correction
  • Like 1