Classical currently spinning thread

4 hours ago, jazzdog@groovemasters said:

Hope it all went for you & you are tucking into some yummy Mozart etc.!

Thanks JD. Op went well but a few more days in hospital before I can settle in to some viewing/listening pleasure.

cheers

mick

• Like 1

I purchased this from Tivoli hifi while I was there dropping off my Ortofon Rondo Blue cart for re-tipping. Though a DMM it is only medium weight vinyl. This has to be the most natural recording I have ever heard, incredibly transparent and sounding absolutely fantastice on my direct drive Technics with Garrett K2 cart and all DIY tube gear including tube MM stage. 

This is recorded to tape and has a very and unprocessed sound about it. The K2 really brings out the mid to lower register of the instruments. For $30 it is extremely good value and recommend it to any one who wants to be there in the front row seats.

See in the image a list of gear used. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

I purchased this from Tivoli hifi while I was there dropping off my Ortofon Rondo Blue cart for re-tipping. Though a DMM it is only medium weight vinyl. This has to be the most natural recording I have ever heard, incredibly transparent and sounding absolutely fantastice on my direct drive Technics with Garrett K2 cart and all DIY tube gear including tube MM stage. 

This is recorded to tape and has a very and unprocessed sound about it. The K2 really brings out the mid to lower register of the instruments. For $30 it is extremely good value and recommend it to any one who wants to be there in the front row seats.

See in the image a list of gear used. 
image.thumb.jpeg.f04d909cee3f05172e80268d8ec7f906.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.7ae1e9017e4b9a8ed8c8416e143f5984.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.4b50581f2e86f5f38861756aba7b65a7.jpeg
Hi Mark, off topic but hiw much does it cost to retip your blue? Thanks

26 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Rossini Overtures. Speaker Corner reissue of the 1961 release

39932751922_bdafe6e4c6_b.jpg

The 78 reissue of this is the first classical record I ever bought. So must be nearly 40 years ago now.

R-4480875-1407359389-3200.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

Mining the Archiv. BWV 56 & BWV 82. Karl Ristenpart is always a bonus.

Johann Sebastian Bach / Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, Hermann Töttcher - Kammerorchester Karl Ristenpart, Karl Ristenpart,  IX. Forschungsbereich, Serie A · J.S. Bach: Kantaten "Ich Will Den Kreuzstab..." / "Ich Habe Genug". Archiv Produktion ‎14 004 APM, Mono Germany 1958.

DSCN2088.JPG

Johann Sebastian Bach / Gunthild Weber, Lore Fischer, Helmut Krebs, Herman Schey, Berliner Motettenchor, Berliner Philharmoniker, Fritz Lehmann ‎– "Es Erhub Sich Ein Streit" - Cantata for Michaelmas Day, BWV 19 / "Gott, der Herr, ist Sonn' und Schild" - Reformation Cantata, BWV 79. Archive Production,  ARC 3065, Archive Production ‎– 14 005 APM. Series: History Of European Music, IX. Research Period: The Works Of Johann Sebastian Bach, Series A: Cantatas, Mono Germany 1954.

DSCN2089.JPG

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Olafur Arnalds & Alice Sara Ott  - The Chopin Project.        2015 mercury classics - Euro pressing.

39249716695_11a3ebf650_b.jpg

Great album. I'm a bit of a fan of Alice

1 minute ago, Qwertyqaz said:

A beautiful recording  and nice clean dynamic that’s keeps me attentive while listening to classical.

No doubt, and that's really all that matters. :thumb:  I was more commenting on the choice of those two pieces as a pair.  

1 minute ago, Ugly said:

No doubt, and that's really all that matters. :thumb:  I was more commenting on the choice of those two pieces as a pair.  

I get that, just saying I don’t know much about classical and it’s not easy to understand.

Iam now listening to Peer Gynt on side b and you’re right his music is very different, more emotional and lots of violin.

• Like 1