Jvc Long Weekend With Some Comparisons Back To The Epson 9000W

i wonder if the new model jvcs will be 4k...the sony  4k model is still 25grand.  i watch my jvcx90 and i think how can it be better than this... im sure 4k will be better but at the moment im happy with my projector that i have. 

hi yardley, I agree, it seems hard to imagine how much better it could get ? be quite a while yet I think until true 4k projectors within reach and we have true 4k material to appreciate. I dare say many will be pretty happy with what they have for quite a while. :)

• 2 weeks later...

JVC back in Da house biggrin.png

file_zpsd2531ea0.jpg

picked up today, up and running smile.png

1st thing I notice when switch it on...I cant hear it ! woohoo no annoying whine that I had with the last one. This one is whisper quiet. I would say a touch quieter than I remember the epson. checking convergence can hardly notice any - there is the smallest hint of it if look close. Pretty pleased about that. Have for now just dialed up the setting I settled on with the demo model I was playing with. prob will sit on those till clocked up enough hours before I calibrate. Have set the iris sitting on -13 giving me 14-16fc onscreen smile.png

thanks Gordon, but yikes thats no good with the hd25o. the x35 seem like a well made unit, fingers crossed no troubles ! 

watching cricket now, great to see on the big screen. nice to be watching a projector again :)

been enjoying a marathon movie session last day or so, already clocked up 13 hours on the projector !

watched cloud atlas this afternoon, some really well shot scenes on that, came up a treat on the jvc, grabbed a few screen shots with the camera :)

file_zpseaefec27.jpg

file_zps1fd27e3b.jpg

and maybe one more from cloud atlas ...

file_zpsd7dfc17a.jpg

wondering what fta tv is like, so been watching a bit of that as well, shot below shows its pretty pleasing to the eye smile.png

file_zps9f83db75.jpg

as I mentioned funny face being gorgeous, grabbed some quick shots with the camera, keeping in mind just taken hand held and these are just out the camera no post processing or anything smile.png

file_zpsf3f296d6.jpg

file_zpsa1ab02c2.jpg

• 3 months later...

and more recently the old classic Breakfast at Tiffany's, a movie 50 years old ! . Stunning can experience something like this in the home. the JVC doing a splendid job with projected image with even a movie so old :)

10553543984_e4f9094d71_b.jpg

10553478965_a865f33878_b.jpg

10553549514_6c69b358ed_b.jpg

10553552244_3aa79bfc97_b.jpg

10553555434_e0492101b7_b.jpg

10553558044_fb09472fc9_b.jpg

and with some more hours on the clock with the jvc, the colour balance definitely settled down pretty nicely too must say with a pretty natural look to colours and skin tones :)

Edited by :) al

Al,

I am still stunned at the pics from Breakfast at Tiffany's. they are stunning for a 50yr old transfer!

hey pchan, yeah amazed indeed myself. those screen shots just out of the camera too, I never adjusted or optimised them in any way, just as they are off the screen. we're very lucky to be able to experience movies like this must say :)

Edited by :) al

• 4 months later...