Audioholics vs Synergistic Research

I've mentioned SR countless times before and their wild claims and insane prices for more than questionable products. Perhaps this may finally kickstart the proof drive required at a legal level to prevent absolutely anything and everything from being peddled as an audio improvement (but I seriously doubt it.)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, thethrowback said:

Dem's fightin' words. I haven't heard so much vitriolic rhetoric since Killer Karl Kox took on Mario Milano in '68.

I was quite young and used to watch it at my aunties house on channel 9 (I think??) - I always wanted to be Brute Bernard as I deeply admired both his IQ and haircut.

Priceless memories - we are showing our age!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

but I seriously doubt it

Agreed, but on balance I think thats' a good thing.

Asking a third party to be the arbitrater of truth, and what you can say and how you can say it ..... it mostly a bad thing IMVHO.

At the end of the day, what they claim might have some vague or difficult to demonstrate reasons for why/how their tings do what they do .... but the "what" really just comes down to "it will make your sound good".

"Policing" this leads quickly to dystopia IMO.

Guest Eggcup the Dafter
10 hours ago, Martykt said:

Are you sure about that?

So far I've seen Synergistic Research referred too as snake oil and you yourself analogised Synergistic Research with Nazis, not to mention being pleased with the fact that someone found that offensive. 

I've put in a request for my account to be closed. I don't like what I'm turning into on here and it's best for me to do that.

No, I wasn't intending to compare them to Nazis. The point I was trying to make was different: that it's not OK to ignore something immoral because of "old".  I've reported my own post to the moderators and I'm surprised that this thread isn't already sanitised and locked.

That's all. I won't darken your doorstep again.

4 minutes ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

That's all.

The selection of reaction emojis doesn't really let me pick the right one.   I think thanks is the closest... but, well... ah, you won't take that the wrong way.... will you?!  🤣

Guest thethrowback
59 minutes ago, Pigpen said:

I deeply admired both his IQ and haircut

Certainly aspirational on both fronts. LOL!

DdNGzWpWkAAGjei.jpeg

5 minutes ago, thethrowback said:

Certainly aspirational on both fronts. LOL!

DdNGzWpWkAAGjei.jpeg

Also another man I admired for his robust vocabulary was George "The Animal" Steele

I suspect we are drifting off topic here.........

07A751B3-997B-4445-AB07-B71970B42404.png

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Good, some humour injected into the thread xD

Lets remember we are discussing a subject is all, so lets no become the subject matter :)

I went to a bare knuckle match at Festival Hall back in the day as a kid, Mario Milano was fighting someone, can't recall who but there was blood...lots of blood, very different to the wrestling of today.

Edit: looking at that pic of George, maybe it hasn't changed that much xD

Edited by muon*

14 minutes ago, muon* said:

Good, some humour injected into the thread xD

Lets remember we are discussing a subject is all, so lets no become the subject matter :)

I went to a brass knuckle match at Festival Hall back in the day as a kid, Mario Milano was fighting someone, can't recall who but there was blood...lots of blood, very different to the wrestling of today.

Edit: looking at that pic of George, maybe it hasn't changed that much xD

Humour will get you through the darkest hours, the most painful of times and the longest watch. When my sense of humour is gone, so am I.

• Love 1

19 hours ago, davewantsmoore said:

They are both as old as sand.

Actually I really do think they (threats of violence, and speech or writing not tied down to reality) are more pronounced in the US than in Australia, not just limited to audiophile topics  but to the whole ethos of society.  Certainly we don't have violence in our streets to the same extent.  Also we don't have alternative realities on political topics to nearly the same extent. We seem to be a bit more down to earth in Australia as regards facts, and quite a bit less inclined towards violence.   And I hope we can stay that way.

Killer Kowalski

Killer Kowalski - A Tribute to My Friend ...

The voice of wrestling, Jack Little; Whooooooaaaa!

Festival Hall: the greatest moments from Melbourne's ...

NSW/QLD RL followers; Hands up who reckons this looks like Paul Gallen?

World Championship Wrestling | Nostalgia Central

World Championship Wrestling: Wrestlers in Australia in ...

I can still hear his voice and they used to follow this programme with Roller Derby and a young lads first vision of 'nasty women' as my Nana would tut tut and call them. Haha.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, muon* said:

I went to a brass knuckle match at Festival Hall back in the day as a kid, Mario Milano was fighting someone, can't recall who but there was blood...lots of blood, very different to the wrestling of today.

I found Mr Fuji tossing salt in peoples eyes particularly reprehensible :)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Luc said:

NSW/QLD RL followers; Hands up who reckons this looks like Paul Gallen?

Pretty sure Gallen does not wear black rimmed glasses while holding a microphone...............

40 minutes ago, MLXXX said:

Certainly we don't have violence in our streets to the same extent.  Also we don't have alternative realities on political topics to nearly the same extent.

I think this is what it looks like through the lens of the internet and MSM.   America is a big and varied place.... I don't think that's a good way to describe a lot of it.

40 minutes ago, MLXXX said:

We seem to be a bit more down to earth in Australia

I think Australians are a bit more phlegmatic in general... and expect each other to be.   It's a bit more "ok to be loud" (or at least tolerated more), in the US.

Honestly, I don't think you are any more/less likely to get punched in either country... if you do is reported to have happened. <shrug>

Guest thethrowback
28 minutes ago, Pigpen said:
29 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

phlegmatic

Had me reaching for the book about everything aka the dictionary…

It's a word that always makes me want to clear my throat.

Guest crankit
2 hours ago, Eggcup the Dafter said:

I've put in a request for my account to be closed. I don't like what I'm turning into on here and it's best for me to do that.

No, I wasn't intending to compare them to Nazis. The point I was trying to make was different: that it's not OK to ignore something immoral because of "old".  I've reported my own post to the moderators and I'm surprised that this thread isn't already sanitised and locked.

That's all. I won't darken your doorstep again.

Just swinging our dicks I guess

No hard feel feels from me anyway 👍

2 hours ago, Steffen said:

Founder of a snake oil company a proper sociopath. Bingo at 11.  🥱

That said, I am curious about SR’s views on the shape of the earth.

Put a spirt level on the ground and it will show its flat out flat

37 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

I think this is what it looks like through the lens of the internet and MSM.   America is a big and varied place.... I don't think that's a good way to describe a lot of it.

Not just MSN. Fox as well.  And polarised views on reality cover the whole country, affecting every town and village.   It's true many parts of the USA are quiet; violence crops up only in some parts.