Currently Spinning

18 hours ago, ABG said:

Also listened to your compatriot Marlon Williams earlier this evening.  Really looking forward to hearing his new album as well.

Image result for marlon williams marlon williams

Williams' Make Way For Love seems like a change of styles if Vampire Again and Nobody Gets What They Want Anymore feat Aldous Harding are anything to go by. 

http://youtu.be/WsJIDptF-2c

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 1

Ray LaMontagne - TROUBLE

Been a while since I've given this a spin. Don't know why because its excellent.

5a0e667015c46_LamontagneTrouble.thumb.jpg.2a8525ebba652b15059e2eb9622591e1.jpg

As is this:

Atlas Sound - LOGOS

Brad Cox's solo effort. Although I'm not really a Deerhunter fan (don't own any of their albums), I quite enjoy this one. 

And besides the cover's almost myself-portrait! ;)

5a0e6a3d8e0e4_AtlasSoundLogos.thumb.jpg.291273064609f60293b8bbdac69abe09.jpg

The Range - POTENTIAL

A feel good electronic melting pot of mainly youtube samples, resulting in a very accessible listen. Its a huge :thumb: from me.

5a0e6e55e8587_RangePotential.thumb.jpg.73aa34fa1f2fd3a76eb165685e346529.jpg

fs BLUMM & Nils Frahm - MUSIC FOR LOVERS MUSIC VERSUS TIME

5a0e7191c9e99_FrahmMusicforlovers.thumb.jpg.2488d4911f395926d7a5f229cb03169b.jpg

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, metal beat said:

Who remembers this album from 89.  the drums sound a little dated, but still pretty darn good. classic singles like Wise Up Sucker, Can U Dig It and Def Con One.

Pop Will Eat Itself - This Is The Day...This Is The Hour...This Is This!

38444832592_d7b3a2c9f9_b.jpg

I saw them live in Melbourne years ago at Olympic Park. Nine Inch Nails,Faith No More,Ween and Tool were there too. P.W.E.I was the pick of the bunch for me.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2017 at 11:18 PM, stevoz said:

I have this one, it's a beauty (but I must get the self titled LP, I do love The Chicken Train song!):5a083bce23299_OMDCarOverTheLakealbumcover.jpg.d042af611eaf2b0f5e07a77a5f9eb919.jpg

In addition to the above post, I had a decent look through my LP's, convinced I had a copy of the Ozarks self titled first album (also known as 'The Quilt' album), this one: 5a0e89b72f0e5_OMDselftitledLP(Quilt)cover.jpg.2785f963cdb84b56f430dcb426259988.jpg and I do have it.....but alas, it is badly 'hazed', so no go. Now for another copy! I have just Revirginized the above 'Car Over the Lake' LP, after discovering the other day that it sounded shite (crackles galore, bought 2nd hand a year or two ago) and the result is stunning. SQ is now fantastic and 'nary' a crackle to be heard (well almost!).......and what a great album it is.:)

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wiffle said:

Talking Heads- Stop Making Sense (remastered).
Don't know why I love you like I do... emoji4.png
Tina Weymouth was a really underrated bass player IMHO.
06cb64191ab7879bd463e9a0edff3d54.jpg

I wouldn't have called her underrated at all. She was recognised by her peers and critics as a great bass player. And I think she was the driving force in the band.

• Like 4

M. Nageswara Rao Reflets De L'Inde  [The sound of the vina]. Barclay ‎ 86120 S. France 1972.

A1 Chant: Ramabhakti - Raga: Sudhabangala - Tala: Adi  
A2 Chant: Raghuvamsa - Raga: Kadanakutuhalem - Tala: Adi  
A3 Chant: Parakunikelara - Raga: Kiranavali - Tala: Adi  
B

Chant: Niducharanamule - Raga: Simhendramadyamam - Tala: Misra Chapu.

The vina is a type of long-necked lute-like instrument widely used in South lndian Carnatic music. The ragas are a melodic improvisations. Unsurprisingly some of the younger South lndian musicians have experimented with jazz  fusion  esp. in the 1980s (help me out here Mr Buzzard Stubble etal.).

M. Nageswara Rao - Vina - The Pulse of Tanam - side 1 [traditonal not jazz] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_MX9nHOXg8 

DSCN1784.JPG

DSCN1785.JPG

DSCN1786.JPG

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, soundfan said:

I wouldn't have called her underrated at all. She was recognised by her peers and critics as a great bass player. And I think she was the driving force in the band.

I agree she was recognised by her peers; just that most punters only think of DB when they think of the Heads. They were a great synergy of talents...

• Like 1

a0268518694_16.jpg

So I'm An Islander - Mælodium Ambientum Klaviatorium -- a compilation (one of a series) of mostly sepia-tinged solo piano pieces, with enough reverb to sound like long-forgotten memories drifting back to the surface. Just the thing for a rainy Saturday morning. "Name Yer Price" download from Bandcamp. 

--Geoff

• Like 2

Anyone following hiredgoon and dbasement will be aware of their liking for Projeckt Records.  They're have a half price sale apparently the US has a holiday or something. 

@ABG link is now fixed - my bad.

Note there is a minimum $AU17.00  international shipping charge.

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown
fixed link, added shipping

@ThirdDrawerDown my antivirus program won't let me open the Projekt site, saying it's blocked by its anti fraud filter.

Just finished listening to The Harrow & The Harvest over here.  

Image result for the harrow and the harvest

I'm so p!ssed off with myself for not buying this on vinyl earlier in the year.  Such a lovely album and by all accounts the pressing is superb.

Edited by ABG
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, YCC said:

Wow! What's it sounds like?

Hi YCC. I quite like it but not as much as some of his other output. Here's a brief review from The Guardian's Robin Denselow. It might even still be available on vinyl if you're interested via the Rough Trade web shop. Cheers.

Jah Wobble is one of the great English originals. Thirty years ago, his rumbling bass-playing defined the sound of Public Image Limited, and since then he has used his love for dub reggae to transform anything from avant-garde jazz-rock to English folk songs. Now, influenced by his wife, Zi Lan Liao, an exponent of the guzheng (Chinese zither), he has turned his attention to far eastern styles, with startling results. This album is a brave experiment in east-west fusion; yet it's also a typical Wobble album, thanks to that distinctive bass work and echoing dub effects, and the refreshingly rough-and-ready production. It starts with a perhaps overlong wash of effects against the tinkling of Chinese instruments. Then the British and Chinese musicians hit their stride. On the bluesy and lyrical Yellow Horse Mountain, Wobble eases back to provide a gently insistent bass riff, matched by a rousing workout from the strings, flute and pipes. He's still in a class of his own.