Currently Spinning

TEX WILLIAMS AND THE SUNDOWNERS,THE GOLDEN HITS OF HANK WILLIAMS. Windmill WMD168, UK.

The golden hits just keep rollin. Actually these guys (who on earth are they?) really carve it up on tracks like Honky tonk blues & My bucket's got a hole in it, bluesy rock style it isn't just a sound-alike tribute exploito record, even though it is.

DSCN1288.JPG

• Like 1

Guest Hensa

Haunting is an apt description for this London Grammar release. Beautiful music let down by a very poor pressing with distracting noise throughout.

57a335885c6f9eb1c70501c831442268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haunting is an apt description for this London Grammar release. Beautiful music let down by a very poor pressing with distracting noise throughout.

My copy is excellent - worth sourcing another, must have been faulty.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Guest Hensa

Thanks @evil c where did you get yours? Scuzzi and I got from Import CDs on eBay and they are both noisy despite multiple cleans.

Thanks @evil c where did you get yours? Scuzzi and I got from Import CDs on eBay and they are both noisy despite multiple cleans.

Hmmm - suspect same source so luck of the draw it seems![emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

R-2354271-1367672219-2293.jpeg.jpg

R-2354271-1280012719.jpeg.jpg

These sound as if they've been lifted straight from the original 78's. A least my MOV copy of King Of The Delta Blues Singers has been cleaned up, and doesn't sound to bad at all.

R-5176650-1397629968-5672.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 5

Susto:  & I'm Fine Today

Flac download, but have just purchased the vinyl from Amazon.

A great country tinged alt rock album. Has me in mind of early Wilco, or The War On Drugs. As fine as it is, the artwork doesn't really give an indication of the music.

No filler here either.

A great Sunday arvo chill out album.

IMG_0138.PNG

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hensa said:

I got a European Metal & Dust, Ministry of Sound vinyl and it sounds excellent, apart from a bit of crackling every now and then.

Are yours US versions?

• Like 1

Guest Hensa
I got a European Metal & Dust, Ministry of Sound vinyl and it sounds excellent, apart from a bit of crackling every now and then.

Are yours US versions?

That explains it - Columbia Records US copy... must source an EU version!

Catherine Wheel - Ferment.   read on just purchasing from @Goatboy that this is being released on vinyl after 25 years, so thought I would give my original UK pressing a spin.    Classic Shoegaze album. :thumb:   

35104290531_ce3650e5d4_h.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

Bonobo - Migration.

Although I have enjoyed Simon's work from the beginning, I feel I have moved on from Bonobo with this more-of-the-same release.

A couple of Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith albums (Ears and Euclid) arrived during the week so I'll be opening those and playing the vinyl shortly.

Edited by wim
lack of coffee and sleep
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, metal beat said:

Catherine Wheel - Ferment.   read on just purchasing from @Goatboy that this is being released on vinyl after 25 years, so thought I would give my original UK pressing a spin.    Classic Shoegaze album. :thumb:   

35104290531_ce3650e5d4_h.jpg

Agh !  I regret never buying the vinyl when it came out. Now with the new release, I'll be able to spin it without forking over a kidney.

I hope MOV don't screw up the pressing, I find them hit and miss.

• Like 1

I had only modest expectations for this, but it's actually a grower.

It's closer to " ANIMALS" and "THE FINAL CUT" than " AMUSED TO DEATH".

There are quite a few sonic references layered throughout, and it may be coincidental that "THE LAST REFUGEE" features drumbeats very reminiscent of the outro of Bowies "FIVE YEARS" - another song about the world spiralling out of control.

" PICTURE THAT" could almost be an outtake from "ANIMALS", and features a rather beautiful keyboard line.

Lots of sonic cut and paste, with radio news snippets, time calls, weather reports, clocks, bird calls, etc.

In sonic terms, it has a lot of merit, but it's the lyrics that will keep you coming back, particularly as the lyrics printed on the cover have been ' art directed' into unreadability.

No one expects Roger to record an upbeat dance album. This is a 'Roger' album. Bleak, angry with bonus ' finger-pointing'. The Trumpster makes a guest appearance.

Billy.

image.jpeg

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 5

Can't seem to get past the 60's lately

Call me up in dreamland

radio to me man.......

and let your river roll

way down in your soul

way back when it was plain old van the man

one great song after the other

with modern tech an endless stream of near perfect songs and music