Currently Spinning

8 hours ago, Darren69 said:

have been listening to some of this courtesy of @Dave O))) it is something else!! I want to slip the CD on out on the shed system after the hoons have had a few beers and then monitor the looks, haha!

Meh, I make them take Bungle every now and then so they are probably softened up.

Haha, yeah, I used to do something similar back at uni to my mates.  They weren't quite a fan of them as I was. :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaelw said:

from the "where did they go ? " file...

an interview on national radio a few months ago

http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/201822236/thomas-dolby-on-music-technology-and-creativity

lead to...

DSCF3411.JPG

Love that album sublimely irreverent pop, sounds incredible too.  Didn't he release an album a couple of years ago?

• Like 1

Marlon Williams is one of them.  Singer songwriter from Christchurch NZ and recorded in Lyttleton Harbour. Style is Americana alt country and it sounds mighty good :thumb:

31156340254_cb36daa017_b.jpg

You must be lucky to get a quiet copy? I bought a copy many months ago it was so noisy I have to return to JB HiFi.

My fav on the album is of course Dark Child. Great voice and love his singing! [emoji106]

33 minutes ago, Y B said:

You must be lucky to get a quiet copy? I bought a copy many months ago it was so noisy I have to return to JB HiFi.

My fav on the album is of course Dark Child. Great voice and love his singing! emoji106.png

Max,   I actually do feel lucky.  I bought 3 records from JB and all the pressings are acceptable!!        I was expecting to waste my time in returning at least one copy.

I saw about 4 of the Augie March reissues but left them lying in the rack after your warning.

and agree - he has a really great voice, especially for someone so young.

Edited by Metamatic

10 hours ago, Dave O))) said:

Love that album sublimely irreverent pop, sounds incredible too.  Didn't he release an album a couple of years ago?

yes, a map of the floating city in 2011, yet to track down a copy

MI0003253485.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

MI0003253486.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

032-462x462.jpg042-462x462.jpg

Fortadelis - Analog and Analogic -- I've been enjoying these two releases today, both are modern takes on the 80s instrumental synth-pop scene. Think early 80s Tangerine Dream with modern sounds, add a dash of the recent Stranger Things soundtrack, and away you go. Dig the cover art, too. Both are free downloads on MP3 or FLAC on the Cyan net label.

--Geoff

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, LuzArt said:

40eaaabd01de3549de1d2eb79d1c835c.jpg

2016 pressing, my first listen and with today's purchase of a new cart. Glorious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard this for the first time the other day - excellent. Will be purchasing

• Like 1

Shining Bird: Black Opal

I'd read here recently that someone had found the white vinyl version of this fine album less than satisfactory.

While I generally default to black vinyl over coloured if possible, I am more than happy with the white in this case.

20170104_093418.jpg

• Like 3

Shining Bird: Black Opal

I'd read here recently that someone had found the white vinyl version of this fine album less than satisfactory.
While I generally default to black vinyl over coloured if possible, I am more than happy with the white in this case.

20170104_093418.jpg

I also found the white vinyl very good and certainly one of my better coloured vinyl. Then I picked up the black vinyl from JB and in a direct comparison, the black is clearly more dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk