Currently Spinning

Bowie - all of his catalogue. And I wont stop till I finally claw my way in to bed some time tomorrow morning.

I'm still in disbelief and shock so am just letting tracks play but will move on to Man Who Sold The World (favourite) and then work my way from there as my heart desires.

• Like 8

Bowie - all of his catalogue. And I wont stop till I finally claw my way in to bed some time tomorrow morning.

I'm still in disbelief and shock so am just letting tracks play but will move on to Man Who Sold The World (favourite) and then work my way from there as my heart desires.

Your post is the first I've heard of his passing, never mind him having cancer ... what a shock.

RIP David.

• Like 1

The album that changed my life forever; Suicidal Tendencies S/T (1983)

A punk/thrash fusion brimming with anger, politics, a sense of alienation and that certain demented joy of the truly hopeless. An album that still affects me as deeply today as it did that day in the late 80s when an older kid gave me a tape of this with SEOD on the flip side. I've been hooked on politics and rock n roll ever since...

post-143180-0-74508500-1452575992_thumb.

• Like 3

All I wanted was a Pepsi, just a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me. @@Hi-Fi heathen

Man, I remember first hearing this album when I was in the third grade. A mate and I used to sneak into his older brothers room when he was out. He had an Apple IIe, lots of copies of Thrasher Magazine (featuring Tony Hawk, Christian Hosoi and Steve Caballero) and this album.

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: forth grade. He had Summer Olympiad 88 on the Apple IIe [emoji6]

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 3

2558fe3d38ce918a5b7570fc31c2607b.jpg

The Beatles - Mono Masters 1988, 2014 Reissue 3LP. As a kid, I think The Beatles would have been my first favourite band. I have a mix tape my Dad made for me back in 1981. It contains a few of these songs. I was three in 1981. This is one of the best vinyl purchases I've ever made. If I ever have kids, I hope they enjoy this as much as I do. And my Dad does.

Cheers,

Leigh

Edit: thanks again @@Viognier for 'organising' a copy for me.

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 10

2558fe3d38ce918a5b7570fc31c2607b.jpg

. If I ever have kids, I hope they enjoy this as much as I do. And my Dad does.

Cheers,

Leigh

You can lead a horse to water, but !

It's so rewarding when your kids actually 'dig' some of the music you have cut your teeth on!

My kids have been 'passive' listeners to my music over the decades, and when I see my kids getting into some of that music it is a proud moment indeed.

But, they have to 'get it' themselves, it can't be pushed upon them. :thumb:

• Like 3

Visions of death and sickness permeate David Bowie’s “Blackstar,â€

attachicon.gifP1050962.JPG

I don't think they are visions as such, Stump. Besides various verses that seem to be his 'cut and paste' method, I read much of this as a diary of his last two years, and an ambivalent goodbye to his fans.

This is a very strong and challenging album to go out on. Well done David Bowie.

Stump, I know you will feel his loss intensely.

ZM.

• Like 2

@ @@Hi-Fi heathen

I know what each of you mean. [emoji5]

My folks got lucky with me. I just love music. My brother on the other hand... [emoji6]

My Dad used to say I was playing his Zappa records so much it was ruining it for him. He overplayed Led Zep and killed that for me.

It's a two edged sword

Cheers,

Leigh

Edit: bad grammar

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 3

a2ae347e883e26210fa718501c284ebd.jpg

Beirut - No, No, No - 2015 - LP

I've had enough 'nostalgia' to last me a while. Thanks guys. [emoji4]

Back to 'modern times'... Or are we?

Every album that this guy does gets better with age. This is no exception. Still on high rotation, many months after it was released. It's lived in the box next to the TT the whole time.

Cheers,

Leigh

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 5

MI0000605246.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Big Audio Dynamite - This Is Big Audio Dynamite (1985 - CD)

Picked this up second hand today. I've liked Big Audio Dynamite since hearing 'Rush' and 'Globe' on the radio in Year 8, but have never listened to more than their best-of. I like it better than late Clash, but I haven't listened to a lot of that either, so I could be wrong.

• Like 3