Currently Spinning

Thurston Moore:  Trees Outside The Academy

I love a lot of the work he does outside Sonic Youth, this is no exception. Possibly the best track is the title piece, a 6 odd minute instrumental with one J. Mascis making his presence more than welcome with some of his own guitar goodness.

41C4ijBAo2L.jpg

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 6

David Bowie: Nothing Has Changed

3 CD

I'm quite surprised at how much I am enjoying this. Scary Monsters was the last Bowie album I purchased, and that was way back. Haven't paid too much attention to his work since then.

This set is in reverse chronological order, with the first track being "Sue" a 2014 single. Have only heard the first CD which covers tracks back to the Outside album from '95.

post-103759-0-52177100-1452326870_thumb.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 3

Wilko Johnson & Roger Daltrey, released in 2014. This is a stunning album that is even better than the sum of its two tremendous talents. Recorded over a few days at a time when Wilko had been given just months to live, Daltreys vocals and Wilkos unique guitar playing complement each other beautifully. Its all over in 30 mins and leaves you satisfied  and smiling that two of the greats can still pull off tunes of this calibre.The vinyl sounds very good, the mastering is slightly hot (unnecessarily) but is flat and quiet.

Buy it!

81xjjOTLP7L._SL1441_.jpg

I think I put this down as my album of the year in 2014. I love it.

• Like 1

Guest Willow

151929.jpg                jte_hrb_cvr.jpg

.Helsinki - A Guide for the Perplexed                                           .Justin Townes Earle- Harlem River Blues

Came up on the iPod this morning while driving around

One of my funeral songs

After one last attempt to convince my atheist friends with God songs that He exists I thought of a couple of hidden tracks after a suitable interval to remind everyone of when the end wasn't in sight

Like this

I Don't Wanna Hang Up My Rock n Roll Shoes

Or Come Together by The Beatles

post-141610-0-15307300-1452384478_thumb.

Edited by keyse1
  • Like 2

77d0b3dfe771833e0b7c83befe8f4319.jpg

Nightmares On Wax - Carboot Soul - 1999 / 2014 Reissue, 2LP.

Summer in Sydney has come back. Nightmares On Wax is like an easterly breeze on a warm Summer's afternoon. That Easterly breeze also means that it must be beer o'clock.

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Banksys 'Wall & Piece' - your taste in art is as impeccable as your taste in sounds by the looks of things @@ferchersan ...great coffee table book, I have it too. :)

Thanks! Well spotted Mr Heathen. [emoji106]

On top of that is the Borowski Glass Studio catalogue. [emoji6] I love their stuff.

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ferchersan
  • Like 1

I'm travelling goth/post-punk/shoegaze/synth/soundtrack territory at the moment, with a distinctly British leaning and this album falls nicely into that journey.

This isn't quite an album for the Sunday Night Ambient Now Playing thread, but it comes close.  Allmusic says it's often lightweight, but if so, it's agreeably lightweight. I do like Bernard Butler's guitar work too, he does an agreeably warm guitar sound. There's enough touches of James to keep it rewarding, along with such typical Jamesian lyrics as "“Feel so dejected like I’ve come too soonâ€.

A sympathetic review is here

MI0000082093.jpg

been listening to the new edition 1 album.

edition 1 are king midas sound and christian fennesz.

loving the dark, atmospheric, ambientstep tip. 

also loving 'black messiah' - d'angelo and the vanguard.

like prince joining parliament.

Edited by analog brother
  • Like 3