Currently Spinning

Paul McCartney-Tug Of War. One of my favourite McCartney albums, this is the remastered new release as part of the reissuing of most of Macca's back catalogue with bonus tracks. My other copy is an Aussie original that sounds really good if a bit in your face at times in an edgy digital way. This remaster is relaxed and toned down in comparison and is really enjoyable. Any edge that has been taken off is a benefit, there's a surprising amount going on on a lot of tracks which you can hear well on this.

What I think I love most of all though is that the Aussie pressing comes in a crappy thin single sleeve with a lyric/photo inner sleeve. This is a heavy weight gatefold and the whole inner when folded out is the superb photo of Paul writing at Montserrat where the album was recorded. The outside is now the ocean rather than just a blinding light.

post-112606-0-97665300-1448692056_thumb.

post-112606-0-17033500-1448692077_thumb.

• Like 1

Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream.  2lp.  the producers have done a brilliant job here integrating the Philharmonic Orchestra with Elvis.

Love this.  5 Stars  :thumb:

playing the track And The Grass Won't pay No Mind - brilliant and a style you could see Elvis doing in his 70's.

a904c5c6c7ff2f227e0f6a70670055ff.jpg

• Like 1

Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream.  2lp.  the producers have done a brilliant job here integrating the Philharmonic Orchestra with Elvis.

playing the track And The Grass Won't pay No Mind - brilliant and a style you could see Elvis doing in his 70's.

What is this then? New orchestrations over original vocal tracks?

What is this then? New orchestrations over original vocal tracks?

Yes.   Elvis's vocals with some parts of the other tracks, then the Orchestra spliced into the songs with a different tempo to most of the originals.   Very classy , refined arrangements and done in away that does sounds natural.

Its fckun great IMO.    I just had a mate over for a few beers and some new music. His jaw dropped when I started playing this.  he is buying the CD for Xmas for his wife/family.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1

Yes.   Elvis's vocals with some parts of the other tracks, then the Orchestra spliced into the songs with a different tempo to most of the originals.   Very classy , refined arrangements and done in away that does sounds natural.

Its fckun great IMO.    I just had a mate over for a few beers and some new music. His jaw dropped when I started playing this.  he is buying the CD for Xmas for his wife/family.

Lol, you've cost me more money, just ordered.

• Like 1

Indeed, but I've ordered it from the Elvis Fan Club and they probably need the cash for the haircuts.

Ouch, USD86.02 cheapest postage cost!

Currently streaming on Spotify.

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 1

Bought this album last week and they done and excellent job.

• Like 1

I must have 3 copies at least ... they do not seem hard to find. Excellent album.

--Geoff

I know.   I was a K-tel snob back in the day.  My loss. :)    a few of the songs are on Unreal, however got to get off my arse and get into the city used music shops and pick up one.