Posting "PM Sent" in Classifieds - No longer against the guidelines

• Administrator

Previously, posting PM Sent in response to a Classifieds Ad was not permitted and generally deleted by moderators. Many members would report the PM sent posts to us, accordingly.

PM Sent is common across all social platforms these days, and generally indicates "first in line". While that is absolutely not the case here, the natural tendency to post PM Sent is impossible to change and just as hard for moderators to police and act on.

Due to the time required to manage these posts and the increasing frequency of them, the moderators have agreed we will no longer be deleting these posts. It's not to say we are encouraging them because we certainly aren't, and as per the Classifieds Guidelines, they serve no real purpose. We will not be deleting these posts any longer however.

In summary, we won't be deleting PM Sent posts, and please don't report them. A seller can sell to whomever they choose, regardless of order of contact.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Marc said:

In summary, we won't be deleting PM Sent posts, and please don't report them. A seller can sell to whomever they choose, regardless of order of contact.

Understood. You'd be OK if members were to cut-and-paste this quote and post it under "PM sents" in the Classifieds? I ask for a friend.

36 minutes ago, Telecine said:

PM sent ;) 

I  said the same thing last year in a moment of flippant nonchalance and earned my one warning point as a result...be careful Tele, be very careful, you could be next.?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Luc said:

I  said the same thing last year in a moment of flippant nonchalance and earned my one warning point as a result...be careful Tele, be very careful, you could be next.?

It was against the rules last year though ;) 

• Volunteer
49 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

Understood. You'd be OK if members were to cut-and-paste this quote and post it under "PM sents" in the Classifieds? I ask for a friend.

Along with "next in line"...

Actually no, you aren't necessarily next in line at all, it's completely at the discretion of the seller

3 minutes ago, Luc said:

That's like saying 'bomb' at the airline check in counter.............................

• Like 2

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, ThirdDrawerDown said:

No, just ignore it, and move on.

43 minutes ago, Luc said:

I'm sure you deserved it, Lee!  :lol:

Andy