What Philips vintage turntable is this?

The turntable is the Philips GA 212,   which is a belt driven platter with electronic speed selection /  pitch control . The amplifier is the Yamaha CA 700 which  helped   to  introduce  this brand  into the Australian Hi Fi market.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VanArn said:

The turntable is the Philips GA 212,   which is a belt driven platter with electronic speed selection /  pitch control . The amplifier is the Yamaha CA 700 which  helped   to  introduce  this brand  into the Australian Hi Fi market.

Thanks champ

2 minutes ago, ols45 said:

So like a 3.5mm that would need  to have a plug with two connectors for speaker wire??

Not sure what you are asking.  Yes speakers need 2 wires.  A 3.5 plug can be mono or stereo, seldom used for speakers though.  I think the plug that fits these has one flat blade and one round pin (to ensure correct polarity).

The 2-pin din's can be obtained from Jaycar for less than $1.

The pic of the bar feels like it's in Austin Power's pad.  If it used to be a brothel, it would be same difference.

No house I rented came with audio equipment like that.  The cassette deck would have been close to the best available at the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audiofeline said:

The 2-pin din's can be obtained from Jaycar for less than $1.

The pic of the bar feels like it's in Austin Power's pad.  If it used to be a brothel, it would be same difference.

No house I rented came with audio equipment like that.  The cassette deck would have been close to the best available at the time. 

Groovy

image 2.jpg

image 4.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zenikoy said:

Heritage listing on the cards for sure. Which suburb? I'll have 2 cracks, Dianella or Wembley Downs?

Neither I,m afraid.

The wierd thing is that the outside is nothing like the inside!

@ols45

The reel to reel machine is a Philips N4506, quite a respected player. 

WWW.HIFISHARK.COM

Used Philips N4506 Tape recorders for sale on 400+...

Edited by aasza
  • Like 1