JVC DLA-N5/DLA-N7/DLA-NX9 Owners Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes, all went well. Just be aware that many settings (not all e.g. lens memory) are reset to defaults. TBH, the improvements are subtle to my ancient eyes, unlike the previous dynamic tone mapping update, which was a revelation.

Thanks, my setup is MadvR +2080Ti+N7, I don't even use the HDR or tone mapping in N7, everything has been managed by Madvr+Kodi+ MPC-BE, which is really good. I doubt the update improve anything in my system at all.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fire said:

Thanks, my setup is MadvR +2080Ti+N7, I don't even use the HDR or tone mapping in N7, everything has been managed by Madvr+Kodi+ MPC-BE, which is really good. I doubt the update improve anything in my system at all.

If your using madVR ...... DO NOT UPDATE to 3:50...    

You certainly do not need to update as your using madVR....plus there are several drawbacks with the 3:50 firmware...

3 minutes ago, wooferocau said:

If your using madVR ...... DO NOT UPDATE to 3:50...    

You certainly do not need to update as your using madVR....plus there are several drawbacks with the 3:50 firmware...

Thanks, that's what I thought so .

On 23/12/2020 at 1:18 PM, TrueRealist said:

I received my bulb and unpacked it. Looks fine to me but I won't know until I install it when the current one which is at about 1000 hours needs changing. I bought the Beamer one to have on hand for when required. After reading waikis experience I will be sure to measure brightness of the current lamp soon, and compare to the replacement when I eventually fit it.

I will be most interested to hear what Beamers response is to you waikis. If Im not mistaken they are supposed to be genuine original manuf parts per their web site.

Be aware that your warranty starts from time of purchase, so don't leave it in the box for 12months waiting for your original lamp to die without at least checking it for 10-20 hrs. If it's a dud after lying around for 12mths you'll have no recourse.

Edit: Sorry John, I note you mentioned that you were going to test it.

Edited by IMDave

21 minutes ago, IMDave said:

Be aware that your warranty starts from time of purchase, so don't leave it in the box for 12months waiting for your original lamp to die without at least checking it for 10-20 hrs. If it's a dud after lying around for 12mths you'll have no recourse.

Edit: Sorry John, I note you mentioned that you were going to test it.

Thanks for the reminder David. I might take my chances though depending partly on how waikis goes with the replacement bulb. It's just the hassle of having to pull out the bulb housing and swap out my original bulb twice just to test the spare Beamer one. I'm guessing my original bulb could go for perhaps another 1000+ hours yet before it needs replacing. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I just read the entire thread.

All 41 pages of triumph and drama, every post.

Paid for my N7 last week, just waiting on confirmation of delivery timeframe now.

Excited is an understatement.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, srsly2 said:

Thanks to you guys I ordered the Peerless precision mount today, fantastic price online too.

good move, they are an excellent mount :) congrats on the new projector ! i can imagine the excitement of getting one soon :D and hope with covid related delays and lack of stock its not too long a wait ! 

• Like 1

Cheers, apparently there's a few unpaid pre-orders in their system and i'm hoping since i've paid in full that I jump ahead.

Until then all I have is this thread lol

Just need to work out screen format now, seems like 16:9 is the popular choice

• Like 1

• Volunteer

I'm about to join the N club as well with an N5 on it's way to me after the untimely demise of my X5000.

It will be a few weeks before I can set it up but when OzTheatre (Rich) said there was one available I jumped on it as I know there's a shortage of them in the US with people having orders placed in December still waiting.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kazz said:

I'm about to join the N club as well with an N5 on it's way to me after the untimely demise of my X5000.

It will be a few weeks before I can set it up but when OzTheatre (Rich) said there was one available I jumped on it as I know there's a shortage of them in the US with people having orders placed in December still waiting.

I guess there is no more available in Aus ?

• Volunteer
8 minutes ago, franin said:

I guess there is no more available in Aus ?

Apparently Mar/Apr but the way  things are with trying to get goods to Aus because of COVID, I wasn't turning this one down.

• Like 1

I was so fortunate to have found one in stock in Melbourne at RIO Sound & Vision.

I am super happy with my N7. Particularly after I changed my theatre optimiser setting to 'high'. It's pulled a lot more brightness out of the projector which I need as my scope screen is 165"!

Yet to have it calibrated. Could someone recommend someone that does calibration of new JVC projectors in NSW?

• Like 2

Just spoke to the lovely fellow who calibrated my previous JVC. Mick from Avical. 

He asks if there's anyone else on the NSW South Coast or Canberra region that needs their PJ or high end TV calibrated? If so, then he will make the trip and come down our (my) way to calibrate mine too!

• Love 1

1 hour ago, scottrichardson said:

I was so fortunate to have found one in stock in Melbourne at RIO Sound & Vision.

I am super happy with my N7. Particularly after I changed my theatre optimiser setting to 'high'. It's pulled a lot more brightness out of the projector which I need as my scope screen is 165"!

Yet to have it calibrated. Could someone recommend someone that does calibration of new JVC projectors in NSW?

that is great to hear ! that did get one and enjoying :) 

52 minutes ago, scottrichardson said:

Just spoke to the lovely fellow who calibrated my previous JVC. Mick from Avical. 

He asks if there's anyone else on the NSW South Coast or Canberra region that needs their PJ or high end TV calibrated? If so, then he will make the trip and come down our (my) way to calibrate mine too!

definitely worth the calibration, I had tony from Clarity do mine :) and to great result and very happy since :)

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/251332-projector-tv-calibration-in-melbourne/?do=findComment&comment=4670013

not sure if Tony gets your way, but i do see there is a note from someone in canberra region asking there as well,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, betty boop said:

that is great to hear ! that did get one and enjoying :) 

definitely worth the calibration, I had tony from Clarity do mine :) and to great result and very happy since :)

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/251332-projector-tv-calibration-in-melbourne/?do=findComment&comment=4670013

not sure if Tony gets your way, but i do see there is a note from someone in canberra region asking there as well,

+1 for recommending Tony ...

• Like 2

• Volunteer
9 minutes ago, betty boop said:

I'm hoping he'll be down in Melb again later this year when I have enough hours up on the N5, this time I'd like to get a professional cal done on mine.

• Like 2

• Volunteer

After missing the courier the other day and a trip to Tullamarine today I have my N5, I swear the boxes get bigger with each generation. :hyper:

IMG_0969.JPG

• Like 4
  • Love 2

50 minutes ago, Kazz said:

After missing the courier the other day and a trip to Tullamarine today I have my N5, I swear the boxes get bigger with each generation. :hyper:

oh congrats indeed  Kazz ! oh i definitely missed the little hint dropped in the last post too ! definitely getting bigger and heavier :D ! all for the better though :) 

• Like 1