Oppo UHD 4K Owners & Discussion Thread

• 4 weeks later...

well…..

Oppo's first UHD Blu-ray will reportedly be the $499 UDP-203
Read more at http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1474013250#u9zHpEMgU42z3FAT.99

looks like a sleek piece…. no bizarre  curved fronts no stoopid plastic flaps, just clean lines a display a disc tray and some proper buttons... 

oppoudp203-1l.jpg

oppoudp203-2l.jpg

no fans on the back panel….. and typical oppo connectivity… and $499usd ??? gee probably priced well being over the samsung, but I think panasonic and sony if they have any plans for their player are going to have a headache here….

OPPO's UDP-205 4K UHD Audiophile Blu-ray disc player is arriving in early 2017*.

Blu-ray-UDP-205.png

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Yep, if Oppo are bringing their A game then $USD499 is a bloody good price....although wait and see what their top line players come in at....:wacko:

Looks to me pricing following their current line eg where 103 is now compares with price for this unit, so with that prob expect the top model to follow pricing for the 105.

since I only use these things as digital transport for AV duties if the top model just bringing analog benefits unlikely to be much interest to me as already have good sources for that :)

• Like 1

slightly better shots… :D

oppo4k.jpeg

oppo4k2.jpeg

gee if I were oppo, I would be getting some slightly better shots out there…. rather than these blurry hand held shots people are putting up…just so shows what they have upcoming in the best light ! hehe

I don't mind the wait until Jan 2017.

I will then be assured of a solid, reliable product with most of the major bugs fixed.

Besides there are only a handful of 4k shows - how many times do you really want to watch Deadpool in 4k?

Get more software and furthermore, I will get the Oppo mainly as a BR player, a solid transport and lastly for 4k playback. Besides, I don't even have a 4k screen yet [emoji4]

I agree I don't mind waiting either.

13 hours ago, petetherock said:

8 hours ago, mello yello said:

It will support the HDR10 format but does not appear to support Dolby Vision (Dolby’s premium HDR format), which makes us wonder why Oppo has opted not to release it earlier.

:huh:

JSmith :ninja:

40 minutes ago, JSmith said:

It will support the HDR10 format but does not appear to support Dolby Vision (Dolby’s premium HDR format), which makes us wonder why Oppo has opted not to release it earlier.

Firmware upgrade for DV ? or leaving it for the inevitable upmarket model ? Is this still a universal model ; the multi analogs would say so .

Ide prefer no multi analogs as there even less relevant when 7.1.4 has to be decoded ;) I hope it has the colour space conversion capabilities of the pana. Does the usb3.0 upgrade have implications for hi bandwidth HEVC files :blink:  Is it for faster transfer speeds to an internal hdd ?  can dream i spose ..

13 minutes ago, cwt said:

Is this still a universal model ; the multi analogs would say so .

they arent mentioning it so i would have to say no,

step into the Sony showroom, sir, for a universal player

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?/topic/224886-sony-ubp-x1000-uhd-universal-player-revealed/

however by the time that one becomes available, Oppo would have an upmarket version

i think they are hedging their bets and sitting back quietly waiting to see if DV does become a reality

i also suspect LG will announce a DV UHD 4K player

Did notice several things...........

No more dual video out...........a 4K thing?

No more MHL via HDMI front port.

No more "D"........Darbee and 4K issue?

No more analog Comp Vid Diag port.

Can't quite tell from pic but assuming front USB input is also Ver3.

Here's a link to OPPO (with a nice front pic) if you want to be kept in the loop via Email

http://www.oppodigital.com/uhd/

Very nice looking unit IMHO

Edited by JohnL

2 hours ago, mello yello said:

they arent mentioning it so i would have to say no,

step into the Sony showroom, sir, for a universal player

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?/topic/224886-sony-ubp-x1000-uhd-universal-player-revealed/

however by the time that one becomes available, Oppo would have an upmarket version

i think they are hedging their bets and sitting back quietly waiting to see if DV does become a reality

i also suspect LG will announce a DV UHD 4K player

Yeh its not as if the analog stage would be any great shakes just like the 103 so leaving out the capability would have positives $$ wise... And theres no sacd logo on the front of it ; then again uhd drives arent that exxy and theres no darbee . Ile wait for the specs ; too little info atm ..

UDP-203.png

Sony have lost the plot havent they mello ; 1st they leave out the uhd drive in the ps4 and this is how they support a fledgling format :rolleyes: May be in for a wait for DV ; there are 2 chip suppliers with them ; mediatek and amlogic ..

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=12672473&postcount=27

Edited by cwt

44 minutes ago, JohnL said:

Did notice several things...........

No more "D"........Darbee and 4K issue?

This looks like it will be the first of a few 4K from Oppo over the coming years, and as such, like the 103AU, I wouldn't expect Darbee at this level - maybe on a slightly higher model.

• Like 1