Harmony Remote Control Owners & Discussion Thread

The story develops - The new price is $200, but we're running it as a "one day special" to appease our Logitech rep. It should last all weekend because Logitech is closed during the weekend, so we'll leave it as is and see what the resolution is on Monday. They're eluding that they might restrict sales to full MSRP soon. It's a big corporation and we're getting mixed signals right now, so I can't say what will happen next week. We're exhausted :-) and looking forward to the weekend.

so much for the land of the free, and all the BS we hear about the benefits of a competitive marketplace. Here in Australia, this sort of price fixing behaviour is illegal.

I will start my investigations into getting a group buy going on the 885 from a European retailer. Once I have some more info, I will post for expressions of interest in another thread.

so much for the land of the free, and all the BS we hear about the benefits of a competitive marketplace. Here in Australia, this sort of price fixing behaviour is illegal.

I will start my investigations into getting a group buy going on the 885 from a European retailer. Once I have some more info, I will post for expressions of interest in another thread.

ill def be in on a buy from somewhere else for the 885 :blink:

Guest EZYHD

Am I missing something here re the 880 - $200 AUD I take it plus $33USD freight ads up to what most of us paid around $260AUD or is he saying $200USD?.

The story develops - The new price is $200, but we're running it as a "one day special" to appease our Logitech rep.  It should last all weekend because Logitech is closed during the weekend, so we'll leave it as is and see what the resolution is on Monday.  They're eluding that they might restrict sales to full MSRP soon.  It's a big corporation and we're getting mixed signals right now, so I can't say what will happen next week.  We're exhausted :-) and looking forward to the weekend.

Hrmm we have laws against this sort of thing in Australia.... I mean Logitech pressuring you by the way.

Good thing I ordered mine when it was $167 :blink:

Sorry Foghorn17 beat me to it!

It's illegal in America as well.

What I am more interested in is, 'Why can't you sell the 885 when there is obviously quite a huge demand here'. By not letting you sell the 885, Logitech is driving a part of your customer base away. You have an international clientiele, so surely you must be allowed to stock all models to suit your vast variety of customers. What's more, by not allowing you to sell the 885, it reduces competition. And that is illegal too...surely!

Cheers.

EDIT: So much for the country of the free indeed when you can't sell what you want as long as it is not an illegal good.

Guys, ease up on BlueDo. He's doing the best he can for us. The price is STILL $167 plus $33 shipping, for a TOTAL shipped cost of $200 US.

It's a bit much to go on about illegal price fixing and whatever in the US when it's been going on for years in Australia. Why do you think we are ordering it from the States in the first place? Because Logitech chooses to sell it here at a hugely increased price over what it is available for overseas, just as pretty much every other manufacturer does with almost every product!

And fattchoi, BlueDo is not an international business, they are an American business who sells products to international customers. And as an American business they are limited to products supplied to them by their American distributors, in exactly the same way that Australian businesses can only sell Australian distributed products. How often do we miss out on a particular DVD player, receiver, whatever because our distributors decide not to import it.

Sorry for the rant, but I think it's a bit much to blame all this on BlueDo. Maybe we should look fixing up our own backyard before wailing on "The land of the free". After all, they do a lot of things a hell of a lot better than us (and some things worse too!)

So thankyou BlueDo. I appreciate your efforts, and will be placing an order.

Fair enough fattchoi. Reading your post again I can see it was aimed more at Logitech. I appologise if I misrepresented you.

However I still think this practice is commonplace worldwide, and most definately not limited to Logitech. And we in Australia seem to be on the receiving end of uncompetitive pricing more than anyone else. These things may well be illegal, or at least immoral, but at the end of the day he with the biggest wallet (and therefore best lawyers) always wins. At the worst they'll get a slap on the wrist and a miniscule fine, so what's the real risk?

Guys, ease up on BlueDo. He's doing the best he can for us. The price is STILL $167 plus $33 shipping, for a TOTAL shipped cost of $200 US.

It's a bit much to go on about illegal price fixing and whatever in the US when it's been going on for years in Australia. Why do you think we are ordering it from the States in the first place? Because Logitech chooses to sell it here at a hugely increased price over what it is available for overseas, just as pretty much every other manufacturer does with almost every product!

And fattchoi, BlueDo is not an international business, they are an American business who sells products to international customers. And as an American business they are limited to products supplied to them by their American distributors, in exactly the same way that Australian businesses can only sell Australian distributed products. How often do we miss out on a particular DVD player, receiver, whatever because our distributors decide not to import it.

Sorry for the rant, but I think it's a bit much to blame all this on BlueDo. Maybe we should look fixing up our own backyard before wailing on "The land of the free". After all, they do a lot of things a hell of a lot better than us (and some things worse too!)

So thankyou BlueDo. I appreciate your efforts, and will be placing an order.

I wasnt "blaming" Bluedo so I hope you werent directing your post at me.

G'day,

Good thing I ordered mine when it was $167 :blink:

I just put an order in -- the price was US$167 + US$33 shipping = US$200, just as before.

I brought a new 676 home from the US two weeks ago, and it's been beaut. I thought the 880 was still some months off, which is why I went with the 676. But now that the 880 is shipping, it's time to yoink one.

--Geoff

Am I missing something here?

There's been alot of talk about getting the Harmony 880 from the states at US$200 delivered (i.e. A$265). And yet there are a number of Ozzie on-line stores offerring it for A$254 to A$257. I just ordered the 880 for a total of A$270 delivered. Only $5 more that getting it from the US.

I'm new to all this, so sorry if I've misunderstood anything.

Cheers.

Sam

There's been alot of talk about getting the Harmony 880 from the states at US$200 delivered (i.e. A$265).  And yet there are a number of Ozzie on-line stores offerring it for A$254 to A$257. I just ordered the 880 for a total of A$270 delivered.  Only $5 more that getting it from the US.

Cheers.

Sam

If you want to wait until September grab it in Oz other than that grab it from the states

There's been alot of talk about getting the Harmony 880 from the states at US$200 delivered (i.e. A$265).  And yet there are a number of Ozzie on-line stores offerring it for A$254 to A$257. I just ordered the 880 for a total of A$270 delivered.  Only $5 more that getting it from the US.

Cheers.

Sam

Which Aussie stores ??

Guys, please don't shoot the messenger. David (Bluedo) is being dictacted to by Logitech. Therefore if Logitech can do that to him with the 880, don't you think it would be exactly the same for their UK retailers on the 885? Same company!

Stick with Bluedo, they have the cred to swing things if it is at all possible. Most retailers wouldn't care less. At least he's trying for us Aussies!

I ordered the Harmony 880 from minidigital.com.au for $270 delivered. Seveal other places are just as cheap, as glenncol has shown (thanks). I asked minidigital when they expect the 880's to arrive and got the followign email back: "Eta is 4 weeks.", which seems alot earlier than the late Sept I've read elsewhere. So they either know something everyone else doesn't, or they're talking bollocks to get my business.

Cheers,

Sam

Guys, please don't shoot the messenger.  David (Bluedo) is  being dictacted to by Logitech.  Therefore if Logitech can do that to him with the 880, don't you think it would be exactly the same for their UK retailers on the 885?  Same company!

Stick with Bluedo, they have the cred to swing things if it is at all possible.  Most retailers wouldn't care less.  At least he's trying for us Aussies!

I agree 101% thanks David for all you efforts