Show us your Turntables!!!

4 hours ago, mitchlim said:

i am thinking to sell the Thorens (i bought from Germany 2 years ago) and the Garrard 401 (the turntable I bought from Melbourne in 2018 and the plinth was new which made in Austria).

Both of the them are working good .. but just bought a pre-owned Air Force 3 from Japan, really needs to downsize a bit

how does the AF3 sound compared to the others?

Acquired our ClearAudio Concept in 2013, enjoyed it with Denon AVR for a long while.  Substantial lift in performance in January 2017 when we partnered it with the Musical Fidelity M6si. Another step up in August 2017, after I knocked the MM cartridge and ruined the stylus, when we installed the Concept MC Aluminium. 

6B2DE00A-6C62-4862-BBBE-C6BAC028CFB1.jpeg

• Like 5

Rega P25, TTPSU & 24 V motor, Tangospinner subplatter, pulley & feet, RB 250 w/Michell Tecnoweight, Pete Riggles VTAF, Dynavector DV20 X2H, Valab LCR Mk III & awaiting delivery on the new Audiomods Series VI tonearm

577474849.jpg

577474864.jpg

577474890.jpg

577474949.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

577478226.jpg

Edited by shawnwes
  • Like 4

i am thinking to sell the Thorens (i bought from Germany 2 years ago) and the Garrard 401 (the turntable I bought from Melbourne in 2018 and the plinth was new which made in Austria).

Both of the them are working good .. but just bought a pre-owned Air Force 3 from Japan, really needs to downsize a bit

Hi I would like to see how much you like to get for your 401 setup?
Congratulations that you have the Air Force 3

Eric

On 21/04/2019 at 3:52 AM, shawnwes said:

Rega P25, TTPSU & 24 V motor, Tangospinner subplatter, pulley & feet, RB 250 w/Michell Tecnoweight, Pete Riggles VTAF, Dynavector DV20 X2H, Valab LCR Mk III & awaiting delivery on the new Audiomods Series VI tonearm

577474849.jpg

577474864.jpg

577474890.jpg

577474949.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

577478226.jpg

What's your thoughts on the pete riggle vtaf. Got the same tt and have been toying with the idea of getting one. Have same sub and feet but rb600 arm which I rewired. That made a huge difference. Cheers.

20180916_094538.jpg

20171209_152904.jpg

I think it's a huge improvement over the stock RB250 mount. Most noticeable was the image size grew considerably and the bass was better defined. The VTAF is very easy to use and you really can raise or lower while playing a record w/o any issue. It's a good investment.

That being said I have the new series 6 Audiomods on order which should be here in a few weeks if he's still on schedule. I'm going to try it with this table as well just for fun and also with the Ariston RD11 Superieur I have. I'll keep the winning table which means this one could be for sale complete with the Riggles.

5 hours ago, shawnwes said:

I think it's a huge improvement over the stock RB250 mount. Most noticeable was the image size grew considerably and the bass was better defined. The VTAF is very easy to use and you really can raise or lower while playing a record w/o any issue. It's a good investment.

That being said I have the new series 6 Audiomods on order which should be here in a few weeks if he's still on schedule. I'm going to try it with this table as well just for fun and also with the Ariston RD11 Superieur I have. I'll keep the winning table which means this one could be for sale complete with the Riggles.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's a worthy investment. Curious as to why yours has the rb250 arm on it when they came out with the 600?

On 28/04/2019 at 1:58 PM, Sceeta said:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's a worthy investment. Curious as to why yours has the rb250 arm on it when they came out with the 600?

I purchased the table with the upgrades but no arm. The RB250 actually doesn't fit on the Planar 25 w/o counter sinking the armhole so I went a different route and purchased the Riggles, thereby fixing 2 issues at the same time (not having to countersink the underside of the table & adjustable VTA).

Edited by shawnwes
  • Like 1

Jumping into this conversation, I look forward to hearing about the Audiomods arm compared to Riggle and other upgrades. Thinking I will hold off the various Rega upgrade paths and wait to install an Audiomods arm instead.

4 hours ago, crtexcnndrm99 said:

Jumping into this conversation, I look forward to hearing about the Audiomods arm compared to Riggle and other upgrades. Thinking I will hold off the various Rega upgrade paths and wait to install an Audiomods arm instead.

I'm pretty excited about it. Jeff says it's definitely an improvement over the series 5 model (the last one with the RB330 armtube). I have the info sheet incl pics that'll be posted on his website soon I'm sure but don't want to post it as he hasn't yet. It has a carbon fibre & aluminum armtube, detatchable headshell plate (you bolt the cartridge onto the plate then mount the plate to the headshell with a single large allen head bolt. The mounting plate comes in a variety of weights to change the effective mass to the required spec. Adjustable azimuth, redesigned anti-skate mechanism, etc.

Being the designer/owner guy he is who cares about this customers he also offers to upgrade the Series 5 arms for a price starting at 175 GBP.

Edited by shawnwes

I'm pretty excited about it. Jeff says it's definitely an improvement over the series 5 model (the last one with the RB330 armtube). I have the info sheet incl pics that'll be posted on his website soon I'm sure but don't want to post it as he hasn't yet. It has a carbon fibre & aluminum armtube, detatchable headshell plate (you bolt the cartridge onto the plate then mount the plate to the headshell with a single large allen head bolt. The mounting plate comes in a variety of weights to change the effective mass to the required spec. Adjustable azimuth, redesigned anti-skate mechanism, etc.

Being the designer/owner guy he is who cares about this customers he also offers to upgrade the Series 5 arms for a price starting at 175 GBP.

He sounds like a really solid guy with some great products. The upgradeability and adjustment options will be welcome over the stock Rega arms.

Enjoy mate (and keep us posted ;) )

19 hours ago, Peter-C said:

They’ll wipe the floor with “AJAX”
He He emoji6.png

I followed Spurs since Jimmy Greaves. That said, my number one World team is Ajax. Ever since Cruyff and Neeskens. Ahh, the "away" goal.

I followed Spurs since Jimmy Greaves. That said, my number one World team is Ajax. Ever since Cruyff and Neeskens. Ahh, the "away" goal.

Grew up half-way between the Rega factory and “The Lane” used to stand behind Pat Jennings at their home games. Greavesy used to live near me.
Nice tt’s by the way... way better than the old 1978 Rega Planar 3 I used to have!
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2009 at 1:41 PM, metal beat said:

To celebrate the ongoing musicality, enjoyability and plain superior sound quality of Turntables - ANALOG RULES OK

please post photo's of your turntables, tonearms and cartridges so we can all enjoy

here are a few of mine

TW Acustic Raven AC-3 with Graham Phantom and Ortofon AS-309S 12 inch tonearm.

3653645018_2cd9b9ee0c.jpg?v=0

Another one - excuse the dust!

3652844897_421c42563c.jpg?v=0

Graham Phantom with Dynavector XV-1

3652839675_9976af7f7a.jpg?v=0

Ortofon AS-309S with Ortofon SPU Royal - so sweet on vocals, jazz and anything from the 50's & 60's

3653630620_608c63a5d4.jpg?v=0

My old Faithful 24 year old Linn Sondek with Naim ARO arm and denon 103r cartridge

3653626484_c6fec121fc.jpg?v=0

nice tt

• Thanks 1

I have not played a record for several weeks for a number of reasons but as I now have the room and the rest of the system working reasonable well I decided it was time.

So last night I compared the  Jacintha Autumn Leaves album on vinyl with a SACD version on a recently NOS revalved very nice sounding PrimaLuna CDP.

In the end both my good lady and I voted that the 12” version easily came out on top. 

50F6FB14-3C04-4F9F-A4B6-D31CE43448A9.jpeg

Once again please pardon my terrible photo taking skills.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Grant Slack said:

Hello, that is quite a sexy look IMHO. But what is it? And what can you tell me about it? Thanks

Grant

Hi Grant, it is a Rega rp10 with an Apheta 2 cartridge on a skeletal setup and an after market dust cover.

• Thanks 1

Here is mine.

Its based on the Sony tt-3000. The arm is a Linn Basic plus with a new old stock  Pickering xv 1500s

The plinth is 2.5 inch by 8 inch American Hickory. Its supported inside with 1.25 inch ywoon covered with several layers of Isodamp. The tt rests on a shelf with 15 layers of iso damp to isolate it from any vibrations.

The feet are shaped from Isage Orange wood which are inserted to the plinth with 6 layers of isodamp inside.

The feet rest on quilted Maple blocks with a layer of isodamp on the bottom.

I bought the tt before modifications and building of the plinth for 100$ on Craigslist.

While not a high dollar tt it is the best i can do with a very limited budjet.

The tt weighs about 100lbs.

Thanks

Newport Jazz 

15574414654035634953845367230323.jpg

15574415435323569353403300791189.jpg

15574415871004973514775298667130.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1