High end integrated amps

17 hours ago, audiome said:

I have never heard TAD but heard a lot comments about them. How do they compare to WB act evo? Have u heard magico s5mk2 before choosing tad r1? 

After visiting both the TAD & Magico rooms in Munich (more than i should have :) ) TAD everytime, Magico do make damn fine speakers though. 

The entry level ME1's are just superb..

15 minutes ago, thewaves said:

After visiting both the TAD & Magico rooms in Munich (more than i should have :) ) TAD everytime, Magico do make damn fine speakers though. 

The entry level ME1's are just superb..

Very interesting to know and hope u enjoyed the Munich show. Seen a lot of pics of new up coming stuffs from the show. 

I am never fan of Japanese hi end electronics but I have to say their phono cartridges are well make and sound special and awesome. I hope I will have a chance to exprience TAD one day 

• Like 1

On 5/21/2017 at 4:20 PM, Wimbo said:

The 500i is part of Musical Fidelity’s M6 line, which also includes a power amplifier, a preamplifier, a CD player, and another integrated amplifier, the M6i. Curious. Whereas the "base" M6i is a terrestrial, 200Wpc, dual-mono integrated with the usual series of single-ended and balanced inputs and a relatively light and compact design, the M6 500i is . . . more. This super integrated measures 17.3"W x 6.3"H x 18.1"D and weighs a substantial 66 pounds. That weight, combined with its finned-heatsink side panels, makes it a bit cumbersome to move around. The most important difference between the M6i and the M6 500i is in their power outputs. The M6 500i makes 500Wpc into 8 ohms or 850 into 4 ohms, with 100 amps of current on tap. Blimey.

Got me lost. Its Dual mono, nowhere does it say it has a bridged output. Maybe Zaph can come up with a reason.

Correct. Most (all?) of the current, big MF amps are internally bridged. Great care must be exercised when connecting the outputs to any product that is either Earthed, or combines the Earths of the amps. Most subs, when using the high level inputs, combine the Earths. 

You could consider the Perreaux e250i. I find it to be a very neutral sounding and well built amp. I run Martin Logan Spire ESLs with mine. It replaced a Naim Nap 250/Nac 282/Hicap combo which was far more expensive and I consider it an upgrade. I bought mine direct from Perreaux in NZ with free shipping and they offered me a money back guarantee if I didn't like it however I don't think they had dealers in Australia back then.

Edited by Mojo707
Clarifying a point

A friend of mine lends me Technical Brain TB-Zero integrated amp currently, what I found:
- detail, clean, fast, wide soundstage, very well control of 88db Mcintosh speakers, I believe it would drive most of speakers at ease (unsure about MBL speakers at around 80-82db).
- Downside: it's too powerful for my 109db horn speakers.

I used to own Musical Fidelity KW250S, I found I downgraded my system so much when I moved from Mcintosh C220/Mc402. I'm not sure how current MF amps sound. e097f1e121c50921e3b3d27aa0b0c7f0.png

• Like 1

I used to own MBL pre&power, this mbl drove my B&W802D2 impressively, I still miss it now.
MBL just releases N51 integrated amp, it should be nice I guess. Have anyone listened to it? Appearance is quite good.
b3167fd858d1b204c8066b3445b17d4a.pngb4b71d8545e6469e779560a1d4964d1b.png204063e3e68037411eca5eb31efb26b8.png

5 minutes ago, KLEA said:

Which one is not good? Ongaku or Koda?
Will you sell "not good" one?
I guess I need to start saving now emoji4.png

2 minutes ago, Highendlover999 said:

The one ( Not Good ) have no remote control, u okay with that brother????

I think these negotiations should be conducted by PM guys.

Which one is not good? Ongaku or Koda?
Will you sell "not good" one?
I guess I need to start saving now [emoji4]

Koda isn't integrated. Wait for Integrated to be released. Save money [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

hey guys - you've taken this thread well beyond the sorts of amps I could,ever afford! 

Back to my question I'm still interested in specific experiences and comments of comparing amps around the price points NuVista 800, Vitus RI 100, Gryphon Diablo 

hey guys - you've taken this thread well beyond the sorts of amps I could,ever afford! 

Back to my question I'm still interested in specific experiences and comments of comparing amps around the price points NuVista 800, Vitus RI 100, Gryphon Diablo 

Hi, you indicate price range $6k-$20k, do u mean retail price or cash price, if cash price, I guess these amps are still within your range except Ongaku.
You should know Gryphon Diablo has over $20k RRP.