My System Today

A Mate of mine asked me to post this here emailed.

Was totally blown away with the SQ of this thing and thing it is. :o

EDIT the thing that got me was the first time I have ever perceived a stereo image that has a depth encompassing up to and including either side of and slightly behind the listening position at the chair, album Jimiroquai_Funk Odyesey   forget what tracks exactly. Dishes up the tightest cleanest bass to below inaudibility, phenomenal. In a league of it's own mega system. Had a hard time listening to the inadequacies of my own set up after, sadly :(

IMG_5383.JPG

Edited by musicmc
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, musicmc said:

A Mate of mine asked me to post this here emailed.

Was totally blown away with the SQ of this thing and thing it is. :o

IMG_5383.JPG

A few of those Donald Bradman's went into that monster build :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Not long ago this bloke was lucky enough to obtain a pair of Quad II 80 mono blocks, and as we all know, when a new toy arrives we need to tweak, test and play. 

Anywho, been blown away with these things, today I pressed George’s Lightspeed back into service (my wife calls it the Flux Capacitor).

Well that sure transforms the whole game, takes it to another ?,damn those Lightspeed Attenuator’s are just a volume control, nothing more. Just so open. 

Feeding it from the Meridian G06.2 into the II 80’s into 57’s is THE best I have ever heard any of my music.

Wow are tubes my cup of tea ? ?

Will attempt a pic tomorrow, sans feet, after I have tidied up the cable mess etc ?

Edited by Mr 57
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Happy said:

Philips made some cute spinners their early tts were cute as hell too

Yeah , particularly like their early top loaders with the CDM0 mechanism. 

A much better idea than having the cd handed to you by a disc drawer with their associated reliability problems of motors , belts , cogs , guide rails and clamps etc.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkT said:

Yeah , particularly like their early top loaders with the CDM0 mechanism. 

A much better idea than having the cd handed to you by a disc drawer with their associated reliability problems of motors , belts , cogs , guide rails and clamps etc.

My last spinner was a top loader and I swore not to touch anything else....then I gone fully streaming lol

On 11/08/2018 at 2:02 PM, awayward said:

Afternoon sun warming the room, I couldn’t get feet and the whole system in a photo ☹️

4477B24F-D0B2-4292-8C66-711549A83CCA.jpeg

Beautiful. A Great room. I bet your system sounds great.

I love symmetry. That beam might annoy me though. ?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, a.dent said:

Beautiful. A Great room. I bet your system sounds great.

I love symmetry. That beam might annoy me though. ?

Thanks Andrew, I think it is a good room, 5.7m x 9.3m, and the speakers fill the room nicely. As you might be able to tell I’m a little OCD about symmetry ?, it was a cold day so I was warming the room with the blinds open, the beam of light is brighter in the photo than it actually was, normally the blinds are closed and the room is dark when listening to music.

• Like 2

On 11/08/2018 at 2:02 PM, awayward said:

Afternoon sun warming the room, I couldn’t get feet and the whole system in a photo ☹️

4477B24F-D0B2-4292-8C66-711549A83CCA.jpeg

A few familiar components there :thumb: very nice.