Linn LP12 Owners & Discussion Thread

@@Peter-C

Phew!

Just as well you said sorry there.

Last time Duc cracked the dirts was at this pub in downtown Melb.  At the time of the HiFi show and he took offence when someone said "You can't eat all that can you?" and he then absolutely demolished all the beers and food and then walked out and in the door way looked back and said something deep but by that time we'd all bolted and told the barman that the cranky guy in the doorway was covering the bill...ask him for the money.

:lol: 20141018_164935_zps6b81e730.jpg

The beer left is Cheekyboy's and Duc stared him down! Fierce I called it.

• Like 2

Sorry, Duc

I did say it was nothing to do with your initial install of your arm, it was perfect. .

Just a poor install of the circus upgrade by hifi restorations. So called expert?

Pete

Thanks Pete .

no problem :) i know and you know that , it just the way of writing might get me in trouble around here . it was up side downs me think :-)

Enjoy and I'm always as your service.

cheers

Duc

Keel is ordered.........

Tase. 

....and a Kandid for the Ekos SE.....

.....and a Dynavector XX2 mk2 for Duc'c Univector.....

.....and a maxed out credit card!!!..... :lol: .... :(

( don't worry Duc got enough left for your arm.....just.....i think!!)

ATB....( a broke ) Tase.!!!

• Like 1

sound like broke Tase :)

Duc

Nono, Tase - why do you think the SE 'deserves' the Kandid, whereas the Univector only deserves a DV XX2 mk2?

Other way round, I reckon! ;)

Regards,

Andy

Nono, Tase - why do you think the SE 'deserves' the Kandid, whereas the Univector only deserves a DV XX2 mk2?

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy.

i think he will roll them around when he heard the two arm side by side .

Duc

• Like 1

Regards,

Andy

Because the Kandid was designed specifically for the SE.

I've chewed a lot over this Andy as I have never been a great fan of Linn MC's.......

As Duc says though I'll be swapping....

I have been impressed with the DV XX2 i have had so far including thei ESC retip it had a year ago so its a natural choice ATM... 

Tase.

Edited by Tasebass

So it's not a single Turntable dem room! :)

I was there last Wednesday afternoon. An awesome experience, sampling most of the shelf, then the top shelf. Ended up leaving with more LP12 upgrades than I thought I would. Now all safely back in Sydney.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 1

I was there last Wednesday afternoon. An awesome experience, sampling most of the shelf, then the top shelf. Ended up leaving with more LP12 upgrades than I thought I would. Now all safely back in Sydney.

Cheers,

Steve

What upgrades did you end up with Steve..... :cool:

ATB Tase.

• Like 1

What upgrades did you end up with Steve..... :cool:

ATB Tase.

A Keel, in my hearing hearing hugely better than the Kore, a Radikal, a Urika which I did not intend to purchase, but it just blew me away and you get a bundle deal with the Radikal, a late model Ekos 2 that I purchased last year, a new Linn top plate, and a humble Dynavector 20x.

The experience at Cymbiosis with Peter was just awesome.

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 2

Kandid.......Cold as and 30 secs into Micheal Buble..........

......a serious WOW F$%k ME moment!!! 

;)  ;)  Imagine what it would've sounded like if the Kandid had been in Duc's arm! :P

Andy

• Like 1

;)  ;)  Imagine what it would've sounded like if the Kandid had been in Duc's arm! :P

Andy

Imagine whats Duc's arm will sound like secured to a Keel...... ;)

we are sure gonna find out Andy.....

ATBTase.

Edited by Tasebass
  • Like 1

Kandid.......Cold as and 30 secs into Micheal Buble..........

......a serious WOW F$%k ME moment!!! 

Yes it is, isn't it.

.....and this [Keel] is going down to Duc.

A thing of real beauty.  I saw several Keels in decks and many pictures of Keels on the internet.  But seeing and holding the whole thing in my hands was a completely different experience; the precision of the CNC machining is breathtaking.

Andy

Imagine how good the Kandid sounds in an Ekos SE, the arm it was designed to be fitted to, even made from the same grade of Aluminum so the coil flux lines flow all the way back along the arm to the bearing.

Having gone from Ekos 2 Akiva, to Ekos 2 Kandid, then to Ekos SE Akiva, when I finally went Ekos SE Kandid I was gobsmacked by the synergy between these two components.

My Kandid was run in by the time I put it on my Ekos SE and I am continually being astonished by the impeccable results.  It's been four days and I've been listening for many hours each day as it has been a continual journey of discovering a wide variety of never before heard detail and nuance.

Edited by warrengday
  • Like 2

Imagine how good the Kandid sounds in an Ekos SE, the arm it was designed to be fitted to, even made from the same grade of Aluminum so the coil flux lines flow all the way back along the arm to the bearing.

Having gone from Ekos 2 Akiva, to Ekos 2 Kandid, then to Ekos SE Akiva, when I finally went Ekos SE Kandid I was gobsmacked by the synergy between these two components.

My Kandid was run in by the time I put it on my Ekos SE and I am continually being astonished by the impeccable results.  It's been four days and I've been listening for many hours each day as it has been a continual journey of discovering a wide variety of never before heard detail and nuance.

+1....

Even within the few short hours of running in this new Kandid the synergy between Kandid/Ekos SE/ Keel/Radikal is strikingly obvious

So much so that I had no idea How the rest of the chain downstream could also sound so good.

without a doubt in my mind source first Rules......OK!!! :P .

+1....

Even within the few short hours of running in this new Kandid the synergy between Kandid/Ekos SE/ Keel/Radikal is strikingly obvious

The Keel, designed by David Williamson; the Ekos SE, designed by David Williamson; the Radikal, designed by David Williamson; the Kandid, designed by David Williamson.

without a doubt in my mind source first Rules......OK!!!  :P .

Yes indeed, I was surprised how good the Ekos 2 -> Ekos SE upgrade was over the Akiva -> Kandid.

Edited by warrengday