New Project Classic TT now available

5 minutes ago, President Trump said:

Ain't that the truth? That said, Project have never appealed to me and styling a junk table after a classic was never going to win my affection... Does that make me a bad person?

What makes you think it's a junk turntable? Given that you have probably not seen it let alone heard it. The styling is an homage to a "classic" design... if it's done well then what's the problem?

Cheers

M

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, unclemack said:

What makes you think it's a junk turntable? Given that you have probably not seen it let alone heard it. The styling is an homage to a "classic" design... if it's done well then what's the problem?

Cheers

M

I wasn't out to offend. Simply adding my own take - opinion if you will  - as is the norm on forums the world wide web over. Fancy that. 

So the answer to my own question? Apparently yes... :( 

I'll show myself out... 

• Like 2

I wasn't out to offend. Simply adding my own take - opinion if you will  - as is the norm on forums the world wide web over. Fancy that. 
So the answer to my own question? Apparently yes... [emoji20] 

I'll show myself out... 

Just because you're the president...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, unclemack said:

Cheers

M

As I said, Project as a brand and the few tables of theirs I have heard and seen in the flesh have never appealed to me. Sonically or aesthetically. And again, as I said, it thus stands to reason that as I have this preconcept of the company,  I wouldn't like this treasonous homage to a great... ;)

Do I smell a Project owner? :D:ban:

59 minutes ago, michaelw said:

shouldn't the appellation be president-elect ?

Fiddlesticks. Obama is just keeping my seat warm. And she can re-count all she likes - that side-blinking, shape-shifting reptilian stood no chance against ME. On my first day in office, I shall abolish the impeachment process... And buy a Project-a-Linn for my troupe of merry midgets to trampoline upon... 

As I said, Project as a brand and the few tables of theirs I have heard and seen in the flesh have never appealed to me. Sonically or aesthetically. And again, as I said, it thus stands to reason that as I have this preconcept of the company,  I wouldn't like this treasonous homage to a great... [emoji6]

Do I smell a Project owner? [emoji3]:ban:

I have owned a project...sprung! It was up the ladder a bit and a lovely TT it was.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wolster said:

Worth noting that Linn use Project arms on their lower end turntables.

I did not know that... Are Linn still the same pioneering company they once were or are they just a profit machine flogging an old horse these days? Genuine question.

Interestingly, it's the arms that put me off Project so. Worth noting that I've not heard their high end stuff and am far from 'high end' myself being in the same 2K-ish price bracket this table seems to be shooting for...

On 11/26/2016 at 8:40 AM, President Trump said:

I did not know that... Are Linn still the same pioneering company they once were or are they just a profit machine flogging an old horse these days? Genuine question.

Interestingly, it's the arms that put me off Project so. Worth noting that I've not heard their high end stuff and am far from 'high end' myself being in the same 2K-ish price bracket this table seems to be shooting for...

@President Trump

As a Linn owner, I may be biased but Linn were certainly pioneers in digital streaming way back in 2007.

www.linnrecords.com  was also the first website to offer DRM-free hi res downloads.

In 2013 they launched the Exakt speakers that were networked connected, designed to get the most from a digital signal

and included room correction.

They also introduced Tidal integration into all of their digital streamers in 2014.

And they continue to develop and improve the LP12

So, yes, they probably are still perceived as pioneers in the industry.

• Like 2

So . Despite this new TT looking slightly retro,is it any good for $1300( which some retailers are selling it for?

I get it that there are many far better TTs around but if someone doesn't want to spend a fortune, is it good for the price asked? If not, what would be better as a new purchase?

So . Despite this new TT looking slightly retro,is it any good for $1300( which some retailers are selling it for?

I get it that there are many far better TTs around but if someone doesn't want to spend a fortune, is it good for the price asked? If not, what would be better as a new purchase?

I doubt anyone has had a play with it at this stage so any opinion would be conjecture I would think. They have always offered reasonable bang for buck though.

Just now, unclemack said:

I doubt anyone has had a play with it at this stage so any opinion would be conjecture I would think. They have always offered reasonable bang for buck though.

Looks that way. I haven't been able to find any reviews either, which I don't take as gospel, but collectively, reviews can at least give a guide as to whether something is OK  or not. It comes fitted with the Ortofon 2m Silver cart,which I guess could be upgraded to a blue or bronze in the future or just left alone if OK

• Like 1

@thathifiguy

Thanks for that link:thumb:. It gives a good idea of what to expect but it would seem that a cork mat and a modest cart upgrade would make it very palatable. It is certainly  on my short list, although I hope that list may grow

@EV Cali

Thanks also.:thumb: It does look pretty good, certainly better than a Rega or Music Hall and while performance is obviously the biggest thing,it really doesn't hurt if it is well made and looks good

Edited by rantan
typo, cats don't work well in tonearms but carts do