Verum 2 - upcoming planars from Ukraine

Hello. My name is Igor, I'm a founder of small startup from Ukraine - Verum Audio. Our debut product Verum 1 has received multiple positive reviews ( proof: some of  Verum 1 reviews )
1s of May I'll launch my second product - Verum 2. It's planar magnetic headphones, that are built from scratch by myself.

2.jpg.596ac68c957596113c14fe8fa3c9ce6a.jpg

Specifications 

• 105 mm driver with silver conductive traces
  • 44 rare earth neodymium magnets
  • 2 um mylar + 0.5 um silver ( human hair is between ~50-120 um)
  • Sensitivity 94 db@mw
  • 12 ohm
  • 410 g weight

Verum2_new1.mp4_snapshot_00_34_461.thumb.jpg.af980088de0c7c40c2d8cc12eb374d87.jpg

If this will be interesting to community - i'll tell more about tech inside.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Awesome, do you have a website for your product thanks Igor? If the product is within financial reach for me I'd love to purchase a pair and support yourself and Ukraine by extension.

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Garuspik said:

Hello. My name is Igor, I'm a founder of small startup from Ukraine - Verum Audio. Our debut product Verum 1 has received multiple positive reviews ( proof: some of  Verum 1 reviews )
1s of May I'll launch my second product - Verum 2. It's planar magnetic headphones, that are built from scratch by myself.

2.jpg.596ac68c957596113c14fe8fa3c9ce6a.jpg

Specifications 

• 105 mm driver with silver conductive traces
  • 44 rare earth neodymium magnets
  • 2 um mylar + 0.5 um silver ( human hair is between ~50-120 um)
  • Sensitivity 94 db@mw
  • 12 ohm
  • 410 g weight

Verum2_new1.mp4_snapshot_00_34_461.thumb.jpg.af980088de0c7c40c2d8cc12eb374d87.jpg

If this will be interesting to community - i'll tell more about tech inside.

Igor, how will version 2 be different to the original?

38 minutes ago, muon* said:

I’m primarily interested in how sonics will differ. Build quality and comfort also up there….. Love your use of different woods in your headphones

1 hour ago, muon* said:

Verum 2 has only one common with V1 part - some inner screws. It's a completely different headphone in terms of technicalities, micro and macro details.

Verum 1 membrane is 12um mylar + 8 um aluminum and Verum 2 has 2um mylar + 0.5 um silver. Also 28 magnets vs 44. 

1 hour ago, MattyW said:

I’m primarily interested in how sonics will differ. Build quality and comfort also up there….. Love your use of different woods in your headphones

Sure, sonic quality is #1.

Compare distortion of Verum 1 and 2 (Verum 1 @~106db)

1714313129942(1).png.8d3d25c96a60a6cbd1a004770a4f8e8c.png1714313142595.png.073ba170b7a21ea88a81ae3c89723ef6.png

All technical details will be on Kickstarter page, that will be opened tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 30/4/2024 at 12:15 AM, Garuspik said:

Verum 2 has only one common with V1 part - some inner screws. It's a completely different headphone in terms of technicalities, micro and macro details.

Verum 1 membrane is 12um mylar + 8 um aluminum and Verum 2 has 2um mylar + 0.5 um silver. Also 28 magnets vs 44. 

Sure, sonic quality is #1.

Compare distortion of Verum 1 and 2 (Verum 1 @~106db)

1714313129942(1).png.8d3d25c96a60a6cbd1a004770a4f8e8c.png1714313142595.png.073ba170b7a21ea88a81ae3c89723ef6.png

All technical details will be on Kickstarter page, that will be opened tomorrow.

It very much sounds like the 2’s might be a fair bit better in terms of fine detail resolution am I right? Perhaps better treble extension without sacrificing the bass response and impact that the 1’s have perhaps? 🤔 

I’m intrigued.

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MattyW said:

It very much sounds like the 2’s might be a fair bit better in terms of fine detail resolution an I right? Perhaps better treble extension without sacrificing the bass response and impact that the 1’s have perhaps? 🤔 

I’m intrigued.

You're absolutely right. Those are main areas where Verum 2 shines.

And sure improved comfort.

Kickstarter campaign is already launched

There you'll find all details.

Feel free to ask questions if you don't find any specific information there.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Coolio, have backed you.... First time I've done this. Seems I should have tried last night as there was a cost saving for those do got in early. Ah well, such is life eh? Assuming you succeed in your goal this will likely be the last pair of headphones I'll ever need. These will replace my Monoprice Monolith M1060C planars which were a similar cost to me though my understanding is even the first generation Verum 1 are a touch better than the M1060C so expecting great things with the Verum 2's and hopeful given Audeze have always been out my my budget. Headphones with greater comfort are welcome also. Now to figure out what colour to get. I think the blue looks nice. Kind of a mother of pearl type finish. 🙂

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 1:22 AM, Garuspik said:

Thanks for support. I hope to exceed your expectations. Exactly, i was inspired by mother of pearl dial plates.

I look forward to trying. I've a Talisman T-33H “Midnight” headphone amp coming to try with it along with a recapped Chi-Fi discrete R2R DAC. Should be very enjoyable.  🙂

Edited by MattyW

Mmmmm, just ordered the Verum I Mk2 as well. It will be nice to try both and I'll likely keep Verum 2 to use at home and use the Verum I Mk2 at work to use there. Nice to use it occasionally with Roon ARC via my iPhone or sometimes notebook via bluetooth to my AOshida amp.  🙂

• Like 3

Igor,

Thanks for your continued efforts in technology and design. It's important for our hobby that individuals like you, Dan Clark, Zach Merbach and Alex Rosson push the envelope of our listening experience. So much great tech coming out of Ukraine like Flux Labs, in such difficult circumstances. Looking foward to the finished product. 

Stay safe.

Neil

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Igor,

As a former resident of UkranianSSR, some of the best sounding valve amps I've heard.

All the best with your venture into R&D and manufacture art.

With the current rapid advance to the West, situation sure to be resolved soon.

Ivan

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Let's leave the discussion of war and politics off StereoNET please.

Absolutely, this should be about the headphones. That said I hope my purchase of 2 pair of headphones helps Ukraine in some small way. I remain a fan of Abbas Esoteric Audio also. Wonderful DAC’s.