The cost of decent analogue products

So a once a year check up is a good idea!!

So if I am running multiple carts same deal?

Edited by Artnet

Back on topic, the cost of hifi I feel is somewhat justified. 

People forget the money put into R and D. Or artisans winding coils or maybe like Koetsu someone trying different some types of stone or having a person select the stones and cut and polished them. All this costs money.

Chris

1 hour ago, Bass13 said:

Seems like excessive wear, I'm not a cartridge expert, just a music lover that listens to vinyl.

I have around 600 hrs on my Tuscany red, she still sounds lovely to me, I will see how much a half decent digital microscope is & funds permitting, will buy one and take a closer inspection of my cartridge, if what your saying is correct then theoretically my cart has only around 200 to 400 hours of life left.

Ignorance is bliss Sam, carry on enjoying your music  -without the impending doom hovering over your groove gouging chisel that once was a cart! 😉

20 minutes ago, Artnet said:

For me  starting back into vinyl and not quite there yet i am intrigued by this discussion in general as the thread  refers to the cost of decent analogue products.

The cost has effected every part of my purchases toward a vinyl rig.  No doubt  you  get what you pay for so am aware of  what needs to be spent in order to improve on what was before but what hits me in the face on this discussion  is the false economy damaging great, mostly expensive and in some instances irreplaceable  recordings on vinyl.

So I have a question regarding the logging of or keeping track of the hours used on individual carts ,  How do people record their usage?  Spread sheet, pen and pad hours played or number or records sides etc

Stephen

I use a simple cheap 4 digit number clicker,  very easy to just click after every side is played.

Total clicks - divide by 3 for the hours accumulated. 😊

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, evil c said:

I use a simple cheap 4 digit number clicker,  very easy to just click after every side is played.

Thank you Clive will look into purchasing one of these !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, evil c said:

I knew digital would find it's way in here...

(vague attempt at humour...please ignore)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cloth Ears said:

I knew digital would find it's way in here...

(vague attempt at humour...please ignore)

Digital just doesn't cut it,  but you wouldn't be able to tell Cloth Ears! 😂

3 hours ago, evil c said:

👍

20240409_123800.thumb.jpg.338fff5eb0923774ad007a6a607d324a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

56 minutes ago, evil c said:

Digital just doesn't cut it,  but you wouldn't be able to tell Cloth Ears! 😂

I used to have two of those counters in the eighties, but they got lost in one of the many moves. And I just don't play that many sides any more.

Edited by Cloth Ears