World Music: Currently Spinning

Julie Fowlis & Co. -Allt.

‘Allt’ is a beautiful collection of newly crafted songs and tunes by Julie Fowlis, Éamon Doorley, Zoë Conway and John Mc Intyre.

Recorded live in the round, ‘Allt’ is the culmination of a composition project inspired by old and new Gaelic poetry from Scotland and Ireland. Emotive and powerful melodies coupled with thoughtful and understanding accompaniment, this album captures the spirit and the energy of a live performance.

‘Allt’ is a truly collaborative venture which artfully and sensitively threads together words and music from their home countries, and reaffirms the ancient musical connection between Ireland and Scotland.

allt-album-cover-web-1-387x387.jpg

• Like 1

On 05/07/2019 at 10:50 AM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Julie Fowlis & Co. -Allt.

‘Allt’ is a beautiful collection of newly crafted songs and tunes by Julie Fowlis, Éamon Doorley, Zoë Conway and John Mc Intyre.

Recorded live in the round, ‘Allt’ is the culmination of a composition project inspired by old and new Gaelic poetry from Scotland and Ireland. Emotive and powerful melodies coupled with thoughtful and understanding accompaniment, this album captures the spirit and the energy of a live performance.

‘Allt’ is a truly collaborative venture which artfully and sensitively threads together words and music from their home countries, and reaffirms the ancient musical connection between Ireland and Scotland.

allt-album-cover-web-1-387x387.jpg

I'm a bit of Julie Fowlis fan, but haven't come across this album. Will check it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emesbee said:

I'm a bit of Julie Fowlis fan, but haven't come across this album. Will check it out.

Hi emesbee.

She has a lovely voice hasn't she. If your a vinyl only addict then your out of luck. It can be easily purchased as a download but if you want the cd you'll have to purchase it direct from the label. £9.99 + £5 p+p. Machair Records is the place. Nicely recorded for a live album. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Hi emesbee.

She has a lovely voice hasn't she. If your a vinyl only addict then your out of luck. It can be easily purchased as a download but if you want the cd you'll have to purchase it direct from the label. £9.99 + £5 p+p. Machair Records is the place. Nicely recorded for a live album. :)

Thanks for the info. Actually, you can purchase the CD from her website, although the order goes to Machair records. I've just ordered a CD (and, no, I'm not a vinyl addict). B|

• Like 1