Spotify StereoNET Collaborative Playlist

Marc

Lol. I am  the Chris you refer to. I guess you are Mark Oliver?  I certainly enjoyed your Spotify picks as well.

That Courtney Barnett is completely fresh to me, she's a keeper. :D

Hi Chris, I did join the dots. The man with the best signature on SNA. I really like that Niechec track.

Courtney has had some recent success, after Avant Gardner was picked up by Pitchfork as best new song (or something like that) and has had a couple of quick trips to the states to tour. Refreshing style and great songwriting. She has just released her first two EPs as a combo package and worth getting. I have been a fan for a while after hearing her music on FBI radio (my main source of up and coming Aussie music).

• Like 1

Mate, good music is a universal thing, it matters naught where it's from.  Feel free to contribute anything you like.

I understand that.

I was referring to wolfster's post who was requesting for 'international input'.

And 'good' music is very much in the ear of the beholder as taste can vary a lot.

• Like 1

Hey, guys. Just check for double-ups before adding tracks. Just noticed that Bernard Fanning's Departures has been added twice. 

Oops. I did mean to check for the ones I added but got called away from my desk... I've just deleted my copy from the playlist. I've just noticed that it adds a treble clef to a song if it's already in your library, that makes things easier. Also noticed there are very few I own, great to hear lots of new (to me) stuff.

Edited by blybo

Right click on the song you want to add.

"Add to" will come up.

Choose the StereoNet list.

Bingo

The way I bumbled into it - click and drag works too.

how good is swamp dogg thanks for sharing

Prolly the best new old thing I've stumbled across this year. Glad you like it.

Really enjoying this guys. My walk to and from work music plus at work when I have the time.

We already have 251 songs. Wondering how we manage this otherwise it's going to turn into 1000s of songs quickly.

One thing I was thinking is just to post one song from an album. if someone else that likes that track then it's easy enough to listen to the whole album. Thoughts?

Nothing to do with managing a growing playlist but It's a pity it doesn't have a like option a la Facebook.

Keep them coming.

• Administrator

Have wondered the very same thing Viognier. It would be great if we could rate them, then every few months songs that haven't been rated are removed from the playlist.

I don't mind if this playlist gets massive in size. The bigger the better in my opinion. For me it's a great way to discover everyone's cream of the crop so it's always going to be quality. I enjoy hitting up the list each day to see what's new, and as it gets bigger I'll be using shuffle play more often. The stuff that I really like, I can add to my own playlists or star them for further exploration later.

I don't think a community rating system is great since music is such a subjective thing. What I like you might not. If you want to be able to sort by the most popular, then there's plenty of other playlists around that feature the most popular stuff.

• Like 3

I also agree that members should only add one track from an album.

And maybe a self governed weekly limit on the number of tracks one can post up per week? Hate to see the tracklist selection dominated by so few.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1

I also agree that members should only add one track from an album.

And maybe a self governed weekly limit on the number of tracks one can post up per week? Hate to see the tracklist selection dominated by so few.

Agree - that would go some way to avoid skewing the playlist.