Classical currently spinning thread

34 minutes ago, PKay said:

Where did you get this record from? How is the sound quality?

I am only listening to the Analogue Productions 2018 SACD. Mastered by Kevin Gray using original master tape. There is an equivalent 200g record version from AP.  
I have never owned the original 1960 version of this record, so I cannot A/B compare.  

edit: If you do not need to hunt down the earlier original releases, AP records from my experience have been great.

Edited by att23
  • Like 1

I love buying whole collections of things, and eclassical have a daily deal thing going on that I've been watching. Today I snagged the complete orchestral works of Grieg for a steal price, almost 10 hours of music. Get it while it's still available if you're interested

https://www.eclassical.com/pages/daily-deal.html?cache=purge

image.png.b42afef072e277948a4306aade32f269.png

Edited by Ittaku
  • Like 3

On 06/09/2020 at 9:58 AM, Ittaku said:

I love buying whole collections of things, and eclassical have a daily deal thing going on that I've been watching. Today I snagged the complete orchestral works of Grieg for a steal price, almost 10 hours of music.

image.png.b42afef072e277948a4306aade32f269.png

This orchestra must absolutely loathe playing the Peer Gynt Suite no. 1 for Orchestra, yet I finally made my way to it, and it's the most riveting recorded performance I can ever remember. Great sound too.