Classical currently spinning thread

[mention=123585]Happy[/mention] don't like the (pompous over blown ) style 1.5 orchestras don't impress s chamber music devotee. 

I leave  politics to my work week 

Ay that's cool. I love the over the top, coke-induced, hypertension, bipolar disorder stuff myself when it comes to classical music as much as depressing Sviatoslav-Schubert like stuff :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ay that's cool. I love the over the top, coke-induced, hypertension, bipolar disorder stuff myself when it comes to classical music as much as depressing Sviatoslav-Schubert like stuff [emoji3]

And lullaby from Bach to put you to sleep too ; )

• Like 1

And lullaby from Bach to put you to sleep too ; )

I sleep with anything really though. Was half asleep during the climax of M2 last night. It's awesome.

• Like 1

5aba764f27eb15695961ac3ee32589ae.jpg

Turning into a bit of Mahler weekend.

Erich "Had one too many drink again" Leinsdorf recording the M6 for the first time. There is that what-the-F-are-we-doing-here anxiety and urgency in the recording.

• Like 3

A couple of piano trios this afternoon:

Beethoven Piano Trio Op.1 No.1 in E flat major

Seraphin Trio (1996)

Schubert Piano Trio No.2 D929 in E flat

Jean-Philippe Collard/Agustin Dumay/Frederic Lodeon (1982)

• Like 1

Stockhausen, Kontarsky,  Caskel, Sieben, The Mu Stockhausen: Kontakte  Refrain. Columbia  OW-7574-VX Japan 1975.  

https://www.discogs.com/Stockhausen-Kontarsky-Caskel-Sieben-The-Mu-Stockhausen-Kontakte-Refrain/release/6792253 

Not sure where this belongs,  first posted on currently spinning, but when i thought about it, it is composition, albeit contemporary.

image.png

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 1

J.S.Bach - Wilhelm Kempff,  Französische Suite No.5, Englische Suite No.3, Toccata D-Dur, Capricio. Deutsche Grammophon ‎2530 723. Germany 1976.

Magnificent transcriptions of Bach for piano on this DG recording. All this for  just $1.00, crazy really.

image.png.4b9fdc757cb708866442faa7d731094e.png

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 3