Under the Dome (the Project)

Just come from watching The Project, where they interviewed two of the main actors on Under The Dome before it starts later tonight.

Comments to the effect of "It's about a town that suddenly is put under a dome, and then it's a story of survival as everybody responds to this situation..."

The team on The Project missed the obvious question:

"Wasn't this already done in the New Orleans Superdome during Hurrican Katrina, with its rapes, murders and starvation of ten thousand people?  Isn't this a documentary done as prime-time fiction, and an indictment of the laissez-faire approach by the US to caring for its own people?"

It was way more fun in the The Simpsons Movie.

doesn't anyone else thing it plain strange that they made a tv series basically out of the simpsons movie though?

i'm just waiting for the next TV hit about an evil maniac who adopts some foster kids and ends up becoming a nice guy, to come out. Should be great (not sure who is being cast as the minions though).

doesn't anyone else thing it plain strange that they made a tv series basically out of the simpsons movie though?

i'm just waiting for the next TV hit about an evil maniac who adopts some foster kids and ends up becoming a nice guy, to come out. Should be great (not sure who is being cast as the minions though).

You do realise it is actually based on a Stephen King novel?

You do realise it is actually based on a Stephen King novel?

Yeah, but published in 2009 (completely ignoring the earlier attempts at much the same subject matter). Seen it all before in The Simpsons Movie, a city under a dome,  two years earlier in 2007 and on the BIG screen, not a made for telly cheapy :D

It's axiomatic.

Stephen King is a prolific writer of best sellers, yet with very few exceptions ( The Green Mile perhaps? ), his stories do not translate well to other media.

It's axiomatic.

Stephen King is a prolific writer of best sellers, yet with very few exceptions ( The Green Mile perhaps? ), his stories do not translate well to other media.

Absolutely....particularly those movies that King himself is involved in.

Shawshank Redemption would be another "good" one. Perhaps the is just down to Morgan Freeman though.

Quite liked Misery too. Again.....down to Kathy Bates.

Edited by comfortablynumb

Not to mention it lo0ks like biggest heap of crap to come out of US TV since Two Broke Girls.

Doh !! I watch this with my girls on Sunday mornings - I think it's quite funny :)

Just as a matter of interest....how many here have actually read the book ?

I listened to the audio book a couple of years back...bloody brilliant I have to say. There is a creepiness to the book that probably wont translate to the small screen...but I'll be watching it anyways!

The Shining is barely related to the book. True.....this applies to many adaptions but The Shining is particularly didtantly related.

??? I know King wasn't a fan of the adaptation but I don't remember Kubrik's film being that different.

It's been a lot time between drinks ! Probably read the Shining 25years ago. Don't remember when I last saw the movie. Was definitely impressed with both. The Shining is one of the few horror books that genuinely reached me. That and Salems Lot (now that was a sh**te adaptation).