The best DAC under $10K??

Hi Everyone, 

I just sent this email newsletter to my subscribers' database;

I thought it was worthy of information to share with you all.

These Ferrum products are causing quite a stir. They offer DACs, external power supplies, and headphones; every time they release something, they receive praise from around the world. This is of particular interest in that Golden Sound from Headphones.com has chosen the Ferrum Wandla as the product to use as a platform to create a unique upgraded product. Particularly to me are the spatial sound addition and the Tube sound filter. 

Please be the judge and see if this is something you want to pre-order. 

Call me with any questions or follow the links.  

From my weekend newsletter:-

I have previously announced the upcoming arrival of the new and improved Ferrum WANDLA by GoldenSound. This update to a HeyNow fan-favourite DAC means the WANDLA is now the indisputable best DAC under $10k, and it's only $5,999.

The updated WANDLA features some incredible new features, such as spatial enhancement, increased even-order harmonics in its new tube mode, and the Impact+ feature for listeners who enjoy more low-end settings for their music.

The WANDLA can be taken even further when paired with another favourite product, the Ferrum Hypsos optional external power supply. Using the Ferrum Power Link (FPL) connection, the HYPSOS can delve further into the WANDLA than any other product. This pairing means both products work better together, boosting WANDLA’s performance. 

I currently have 10 WANDLA GoldenSound DACs arriving in approximately four weeks, and I am offering my newsletter subscribers a 10% savings as an introductory offer.  Now extended to SNA members, too, you can be the first in Australia to enjoy this amazing new DAC, improve your sound, and tell all your friends about it.

Please scroll down to read about the improvements in this DAC, watch the official GoldenSound video, and hear his philosophy behind the improvements to the WANDLA.

- Geoff

PRE ORDER NOW, GET 10% OFF!

https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/products/ferrum-wandla-golden-sound-high-end-dac-and-preamplifier

Use the code: I am the Wandla at the checkout for 10% off your pre-order.

iamthewandla.png.72cb844e49f1cde3e7c15c72f44c6e81.png

The text below has been extracted from Ferrum's product release notes.

WANDLA setting new standards

Ferrumlogo.jpg.bb8cae8d52edc526d507a1139291c052.jpg

The recent premiere of WANDLA GoldenSound Edition has proven to be a great success at the last CanJam New York. While the booth of US distributor VANA created a lot of fuzz and buzz with the original WANDLA and ERCO Gen 2, WANDLA GoldenSound Edition made for heavy traffic. As promised, we want to keep you up to speed regarding developments around what may be our ultimate out-of-the-box experiment up to date.

New features of WANDLA GoldenSound Edition

FerrumGoldensound.jpg.c84204fa4fa79d21f2280478e670f736.jpg

WANDLA GoldenSound Edition came into being after the Ferrum team started an experiment of implementing new features into the software. The fruitful collab between our own talented workforce and Cameron Oatley from GoldenSound gave us some very interesting ideas to develop extra functionalities for SERCE, the beating heart of our coveted WANDLA, aptly dubbed The Converter. SERCE allowed us to experiment with its powers, thus creating extra settings to tailor the sound to the needs of the individual. By reallocating SERCE’s computing power, we created a set of brand-new features in WANDLA GoldenSound Edition. Elevated digital headroom, Spatial Enhancement, Tube Mode and Impact +. We chose to keep the PCM untouched and bypass MQA processing altogether to get the best performance from the DSP engine. Moreover, WANDLA GoldenSound Edition incorporates a new output voltage adjustment feature for better compatibility with a wider range of amplifiers.

Elevated digital headroom

Higher immunity to intersample overs even in bypass mode at the full output level, allowing you to play back any music free from additional distortion and enjoy a high-quality sound.

Spatial Enhancement

A unique spatial enhancement to provide an expanded soundstage and improved clarity of separation between musical elements whilst avoiding the drawbacks commonly found in other approaches. It has two modes of operation: headphone and speaker mode, which are tailored differently for different use cases.

Tube Mode

An intentional increase of the even-order harmonic distortion produced by the DAC is similar to the distortion added by a tube amplifier. This allows the user to enjoy a warmer, richer sound without directly changing the frequency response.

Impact +

For those who enjoy a little more low-end in their music listening experience, this feature uses a customized two-band EQ that elevates bass and provides additional 'punch' and dynamic impact.

New Voltage Adjustment

The WANDLA GoldenSound Edition benefits from a hardware level output voltage adjustment of standard WANDLA, allowing the user to swap between just below 10 Vrms output to a just below 4 Vrms output. This is facilitated via a dedicated hardware voltage divider, allowing the user to select lower output voltage and ensure compatibility with all amplifiers without using any digital volume control or having analog volume control components in the signal path.

PRE ORDER NOW, GET 10% OFF!

Use the code: I am the Wandla at the check out for 10% off your pre-order.

https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/products/ferrum-wandla-golden-sound-high-end-dac-and-preamplifier

Please be aware that Ferrum prices will increase in mid-May. If you've had your eye on a Ferrum for a while, now's your time to order, and if you haven't, why not? 😊

Please also note the original WANDLA will remain leading and relevant, still available on my website for $4690

Explore the Ferrum range at HeyNow Hi-Fi.

If you would like to receive emails about new products and sale offers as well as exclusive introductory offers, please subscribe to my website 🙂

https://www.heynowhifi.com.au/account/register

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2024 at 1:31 PM, HeyNow Hi-Fi said:

This update to a HeyNow fan-favourite DAC means the WANDLA is now the indisputable best DAC under $10k

Hi Geoff - curious how you view it as possible that there is an 'indesputable best DAC'.  GoldenSound has literally zero relevant experience or qualifications.  He masquerades as a technical person at a level that is pehaps persuasive to the average joe but for those of us with engineering backgrounds his limitations are pretty obvious.  I'd like to understand how you can qualify this product as the indisputable best.

Don't go there, @POV. This is his private subforum for commercial ads. We should give them some leeway to say what they want as thanks for supporting SNA

• Like 1

OK sorry.  I wasn't aware this section of the forum was off limits.  Maybe should turn off posting to general forum users.

On 28/04/2024 at 6:17 PM, POV said:

GoldenSound has literally zero relevant experience or qualifications.

It clearly states above in the press release how this collaboration came into being.

I quote -

"WANDLA GoldenSound Edition came into being after the Ferrum team started an experiment of implementing new features into the software. The fruitful collab between our own talented workforce and Cameron Oatley from GoldenSound gave us some very interesting ideas to develop extra functionalities for SERCE, the beating heart of our coveted WANDLA, aptly dubbed The Converter."

34 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

It clearly states above in the press release how this collaboration came into being.

I quote -

"WANDLA GoldenSound Edition came into being after the Ferrum team started an experiment of implementing new features into the software. The fruitful collab between our own talented workforce and Cameron Oatley from GoldenSound gave us some very interesting ideas to develop extra functionalities for SERCE, the beating heart of our coveted WANDLA, aptly dubbed The Converter."

Thanks Mark.  There’s a video on GoldenSounds YouTube channel which explains the process.  I’m pretty sceptical of these audio collabs personally but each to their own.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, POV said:

Thanks Mark.  There’s a video on GoldenSounds YouTube channel which explains the process.  I’m pretty sceptical of these audio collabs personally but each to their own.

I think marketing departments are getting bolder and more brazen with their statements (and if anything that is at least their job to create engagement regardless) - we all know that either looking at the technical merits of a product (where available) combined with a listen with our own ears will always determine whether the hyperbole is worthy or not.

Even Ken Ishiwata had to start somewhere!

• Like 1

On 28/04/2024 at 8:37 PM, POV said:

OK sorry.  I wasn't aware this section of the forum was off limits.  Maybe should turn off posting to general forum users.

With comments open, surely one can comment. 

People disagree, that's good for the discourse. 

5 minutes ago, Grizaudio said:

With comments open, surely one can comment. 

People disagree, that's good for the discourse. 

I would have thought so, seems like this section of the forum is meant to be an echo chamber.  I think better to just turn commenting off if that’s the case.

• Like 1