GTG at Lenehan Audio in Mid Feb

Cafad

Mike has been talking about a Get Together for a while now and has settled on Saturday February the 16th, 11am at the factory. 

I haven't been to one of Mikes GTGs before so I'm not sure what the go is usually with food and drink but I'm sure we'll be able to work something out with respect to lunch, softdrinks and maybe a few coldies for later on.  Can't go leaving the venue for a food or drink run when there's serious audio business to be sorted!

Weather permitting I plan to bring down my Halcro amp and pre a few days prior to the GTG so they should be available for anyone who is interested in having a listen, with Bills approval I'd like to run them through his ML2LEs for a while, just because I am dying to know how they will sound.

Mike has asked me to put up the announcement and to get an idea of numbers so if you are interested in coming please let me know via PM or reply to this thread.

Hope to see you there!

• Like 4

Bugger .. same day as the next QAC (Qld Audio Club) gtg .. pity as i would love to drop by for another listen to some of Mike's later speaker models which i have not yet had the pleasure of hearing. Next time perhaps. Cheers Jeff

Bugger .. same day as the next QAC (Qld Audio Club) gtg .. pity as i would love to drop by for another listen to some of Mike's later speaker models which i have not yet had the pleasure of hearing. Next time perhaps. Cheers Jeff

Bugger indeed!   My apologies guys that certainly wasn't intentional.  I'll have a talk to Mike, maybe we can move it to the Sunday or do two smaller GTGs on each afternoon or something.  Stay tuned, I'll see what can be done.

Cafad...I am in for the Saturday because Saturdays are the best day for me...let me know if there is any change...

AJ...usually cheaper filghts into Brisbane & more variety than Cooloongatta...if you come to Brisbane I can pick you up & be the chauffeur...etc...no problem...Rob

Plus he can play his entire collection of Tina Arena to you AJ, especially if he takes the long way round ...say via Toowoomba or Kingaroy.

Yes it's that big!

:nana

• Like 1

Plus he can play his entire collection of Tina Arena to you AJ, especially if he takes the long way round ...say via Toowoomba or Kingaroy.

Yes it's that big!

:nana

I did not go to the toilet while you were there at the last GTG...so how do you know how big it is....

Wait a minute...why am I arguing...Luc...you are 100% correct...yes it is THAT big...Rob

Haha! and here I was thinking I had a complex :rolleyes:

No thinking required....especially from a man with a headless teddy...Rob

PS Look forward to catching up with you again....and I will bring my Sally Field Box Set....that will get the place rocking

Yar that'd be an eyeopener Tele..."Run Forrest Run!"  and Flying Nun toons!

If I went I'd be bringing The Guardian's numero uno album of 2012 voted in with the biggest margin in their history by their music critics apparently. It does indeed have some standout tracks and it'd test the bass of those ML's etc.

Rob, it should be an easy pick up and you'd not be sorry I think after a few listens to acclimatise yourself to the style. It's the first album I've ever purposely grabbed that I knew had Auto-Tune-ing on it.

Some absolute standout tracks though and one that Dave Gilmour said he wished he'd written it/played it...big wrap that one.

EDIT:- Heres a review followed by a track by track review, says it much better than I can. >>>Review<<<

and one more as well >>Click<<

Edited by Luc

Telecine has just "machine gun PM'ed me" regarding the GTG and what gear I'll be bringing along.  He wishes to hear a complete Halcro system, source, pre, power into Mikes speakers so I'll bring along my Halcro EC800 as well as the pre and power.  I hadn't really thought about it before but now that I have I am curious as to how it will sound through the ML2LEs, and my future S2s as well.

On a more "sensible" budget level I'll also have on hand 3 "direct digital" amps, a NuForce DDA100, a QLS QA100 and another that is yet to show up, I thought some people might be interested to know how these 3 amps, all under $1K, compare to Bills NAD C390DD. 

I'll have all three of my Burson 160 series components too, pre, power and integrated and the JLTI EL34 integrated tube amp, I think we'll probably have enough to listen to without these but they will be there if anyone is particularly keen on trying one out.

Mikes standard gear will be on hand as well, and he should have my future S2s, a pair of ML2 Refference and, with a little luck, Bills ML2LEs as well.

I think that'll be enough to keep everyone occupied for a few hours.

I've got word back from Mike and he is happy for us to have the GTG over two days.  With a start at High Noon and an end at 5pm on both Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th of February.  That should allow as many people as possible to get a listening session in.

Actually he said an end of 5am :party ,  I'm pretty sure he meant pm, but hey if the younger guys are keen to try 2 afternoon audio sessions with no sleep in between then more power to them! 

Everyone is welcome to show up on one or both days for as long as they wish, well, until 5pm anyway, you'll have to discuss any "after party" plans with Mike directly.

Hi Guys

I hope they are my LE's he will have done by then.  Must check on what the go is Monday.

Of course Cafad you can run them through my LE's if they are there.  They will be down there being run in and they can be run in on your amp as well as any others.  However mine has a special wiring harness meant for monoblocks at the back - but Mike says there is a way any amp can run it.

Regardless I will be there both days.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

That sideways jolt that everybody just felt was the thread being picked up and moved down a couple of sections.  We are now in the official "Lenehan Audio" sponsor forum.  Otherwise everything is normal (I hope!).

Sounds great. Be nice to check out the factory.

Nice chatting to you at the QAC Christmas function.  Hope you can make it.

Spoke to Mike and evidently my LE's will be there - but possibly not finished completely eg the external crossover may not have the box fully built.

Thanks

Bil

• Administrator
That sideways jolt that everybody just felt was the thread being picked up and moved down a couple of sections.  We are now in the official "Lenehan Audio" sponsor forum.  Otherwise everything is normal (I hope!).

It seemed more appropriately placed in here given Lenehan Audio now has it's own sub-forum. I deliberately left it linked from the QLD forum however so local readers catch it.

Nice chatting to you at the QAC Christmas function.  Hope you can make it.

Spoke to Mike and evidently my LE's will be there - but possibly not finished completely eg the external crossover may not have the box fully built.

Thanks

Bil

I hope that your ML2 LE's are finished so that we can have a listen Bill. Please bring the Killer DAC too.