T'es défoncé ou t'es gai

Tu finiras comme ton frère

Elle me dit.............................................................."

(Audio)

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really a nice disc....enjoyed it immensely!!

You know all the Mika's songs and now he got the full orchestra backing him....no synthesizers...all classical instruments and what to joy to listen to!!

Outstanding tracks are Ëlle Me Dit", Örigin of Love", "Happy Ending"...............I played ""Ëlle Me Dit" 3 freaking times tonight , very loudly...don't care about my neighbours!!

Good Picture quality good sound, good concert!

(Audio)

• 1 month later...

Very long never update this thread. Here is a good one to seek out. Adele - Live in New York City. Strictly speaking, this is not on BD but it is filmed in HD on Nov 17, 2015 at Radio City Music Hall. Someone must have thought it is a good idea to burn this on a blu-ray with DTS-HD-MA5.1. I didn't quite find the sound full but up-mixing to DTS-X NeuralX solves the problem. Adele holds centre court and you already know she is amazing. I had goosebumps listening to Skyfall which she sang with a small orchestra and a choir.

The set-list

01 Hello

02 Water Under the Bridge

03 One and Only

04 Hometown Glory

05 Chasing Pavements

06 All I Ask

07 Set Fire to the Rain

08 Daydreamer

09 Skyfall

10 Somebody Like You

11 Million Years Ago

12 When We Were Young

13 Rolling in the Deep

I have no doubt that once Adele finishes her Europe tour there will be an official blu-ray release, but in the meantime this homemade BD will suffice. :)

The PQ is pretty good eh

Please tell me she doesn't tell a 5 minute story between each song.  I can't take her first BD due to that.  I assume she doesn't do it at every show and maybe thought this would be a great way to ruin a good concert video

Please tell me she doesn't tell a 5 minute story between each song.  I can't take her first BD due to that.  I assume she doesn't do it at every show and maybe thought this would be a great way to ruin a good concert video

No luck there, I am afraid. At least the F-bombs get bleeped out. :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is Imagine Dragons - Smoke+Mirrors Live in Toronto and it comes with Dolby Atmos. I missed their concert last year so this is a great blu-ray (+CD) to catch up with the gig. Great energy and Dan Reynolds has a great voice. I know all the tunes but I have always had a feeling their great singalong choruses would work great in a live setting and I am right. The Atmos soundtrack adds a lot of live ambience and it really immerses me into the concert.

• 1 month later...

At 70 what would you be doing? Eric Clapton held a series of gig at the Royal Albert Hall. The man is a virtuoso on the guitar, frequently free-jamming on stage. It is mesmerizing to see him play. I had goosebumps listening to the intro to I Shot the Sheriff. His voice is a little gruff but he is supported by a superb band which is given time to shine. PQ isn't terribly sharp - blacks aren't inky and the stage is constantly awashed in a warm blue glow. SQ is great though. For Clapton fans.

• 1 month later...

Won't be able to see Morrissey tomorrow. No problemo. I see him now! What a wordsmith!

Love his aloofness like he doesn't understand why there people who dig his music. When he launched into The Boy With the Thorn in His Side, OMG the crowd went wild. A few made it past the security and pounced on stage just to touch him.

Those of you going to gig tomorrow are going to have a great night!

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, The Sally Yeh concert blu ray "Sally is Intimately Yours" is one of the best I seen in recent year for a Hong Kong artist.

Track #4 曾經心疼, the mandarin song is the best version you can find....in terms of fidelity and emotion......

Goose-pimple man!!  This one song is worth the price of the Blu-ray....kicking myself why I didn't catch her in Hong Kong last year!!

Highly recommended!

(Audio)

I just watched this. Simply amazing! She looks good and is very fit for her age....amazed by how she performed the fast hits

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to sound out of this world. I saw it at the cinema and it sounded incredible

I was a little concerned when I could not get the sound you describe, but that's was just the outside live performances.  Once we get into the studio and the feature film "Help"...yes, it sounded very good.  But that's already available in the Beatles' feature film Blu Ray.

Maybe it's me, being a avid fan, I have seen many Beatles' documentaries so, this one didn't impress me.  It was detailed enough but it didn't go the whole length.

(Audio)

• 4 weeks later...

I put on 周华健 concert blu-ray over the weekend feeling very excited. There are not many singers I would know about 90% of their catalog. Emil is the man. But the blu-ray is a mess because of how it was mic. The singing sounds fine (but not excellent) but the talking bits are indiscernible. The PQ isn't particularly sharp too. Thankfully, the performance is great and singalong we still did.

• 1 month later...

Any 张清芳 fans here? This is really good. PQ and SQ all good. I just put it on during dinner and all the guests were singing along. We were all from that era. Love the stage design and how Stella change up her evergreens. So many gems - love the 民歌 segment and the 90s medley. She still can deliver all the songs so beautifully just like my teenaged years. If you are fan, don't miss this.

• 2 weeks later...

Any 张清芳 fans here? This is really good. PQ and SQ all good. I just put it on during dinner and all the guests were singing along. We were all from that era. Love the stage design and how Stella change up her evergreens. So many gems - love the 民歌 segment and the 90s medley. She still can deliver all the songs so beautifully just like my teenaged years. If you are fan, don't miss this.

Did you buy this in Singapore?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We watched Sodagreen's Endless Story concert staged in Taipei last night. This was the final concert before they go on a three-year hiatus. Stupendous! I read that the tickets for the three consecutive day concerts were all snapped up in minutes. The outstanding concert features the 60-member German Pop Orchestra and they add an air of the whimsical to the songs. To cope with the performance of the orchestra, Sodagreen employed some specific rules: no fluorescent wands, no fireworks, no lifting appliances, no encores, no dancers and no song selections. There was even a 15-minute break between the two parts in the form of a classic music concert. The 4-sided stage design was the lowest in history so that the performers might interacted closely with the 13500 audience. I had goosebumps listening to 小情歌; the new arrangement of the familiar song with a full orchestra thrown in for good measure, elevates the song to a different level. There was a segment in which 青峰 walked and sang with the audience and I was pleasantly surprised no one whipped out their handphones to take vids. It was so respectful. If this is Singapore, it will be a different story. Of course, I am guilty of that too. But it just strikes me that the Taiwanese have a lot of etiquette and they know how to enjoy the moment.

Sadly, the Blu-ray only had Dolby Digital 5.1 but I must say it featured sonics with a dynamatism much better than normal DD5.1 concerts.

• 3 weeks later...

Faye Wong came out of a six-year retirement to do this concert. I read she was paid 6.5million by Jack Ma for the gig and it was streamed live last year. From the get-go I thought there was something wrong with my HT but alas nothing was wrong. What's wrong was her ethereal voice - it has gone missing. Sounding breathless and not able to hit the sublime notes, it was just heartbreaking to watch. I scanned through different songs and nothing changed. I stopped playing. I rather remember the Faye I know.

height=350 width=600http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss127/westendboy47/EBD955E5-ACBC-4AAE-B3FB-25FA81232BB7_zpsm044fskw.jpg[/img]

I missed this concert and picked up the Blu. The concert is definitely well-produced and a more upscaled version than the previous one I saw at RWS. However, the sound engineer must have taken a very long toilet break. The sonics sounded like it was recorded way at the back. Very disappointing but seeing Hebe still makes my heart go a-flutter. For fans only.