Goldring Lenco GL75 turntable build

I have had a Lenco GL75 turntable rebuild project  on the back burner & want to now reach out to affiliates that have performed this or have knowledge to share..

My main questions will be about tone arm placement etc but to begin I will need a very nice tone arm & plinth. 

My everyday turntable is a Linn Sondek with Ittok tone arm.  Most people use SME or Rega for their projects but I would like to know what the really superb tone arms out there are?

Also who is making really nice plinths for this model?

I don’t keep track of my mileage :D... but for my Lenco PTP build I went for an oversized plinth that would allow for multiple arms... if you make the cutout for the arm mount large enough it should be flexible to use with different arm mounting distances. 

B9CB0EC0-DCF3-4B7B-89C4-15F63C8ABD2C.jpeg

• Like 3

I have done 2 lencos.  My latest is still with a standard plate but has a Jollyon bearing, a Norbert Idler, generic Ply plinth and a Wand 9"tonarm. I'm really happy with the dynamics and slam from the standard plate. I have tried judicious use of plate damping but if I were doing a third build, I'd definitely try a PTP setup with a custom plinth and Wand 12". I think the PTP s would have better bass resolution. 

I have two Lenco 75s.

The first is with plywood 6 layer plinth, Norbert idler, Isonoe feet, SDS Isoplatmat and modded bearing. This uses an Audio Technica AT-1005 mk2  tonearm.

The second is a standard plinth Lenco 75 with only mod being the Rega RB300 tonearm.  

Having tried both tonearms on each table, my preference is very much the AT-1005 mk2.

42BAD694-22B2-45CE-A6D8-CEFB222991A6.jpeg

55EED3C6-C294-4504-8E53-9F95EC7D5CE5.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...