Looking for recommendations

On 31/01/2021 at 10:47 AM, rantan said:

Srini. Just one thing mate with my recent quote.

Something has gone wrong because I posted that the Luxman was great with the EVO 4.2. I have never heard the Elysian unfortunately.

They are well worth having a listen to Lindsay, having recently heard the Elysian stand mounts myself I would have to say for their asking price they are a bargain, if they had a different brand name on them they would have a much higher asking price. 
As for cabinet finish you would almost pay the asking price just to be able to have them as furniture, incredibly well made.

cheers,

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/01/2021 at 9:49 PM, sir sanders zingmore said:

I would recommend playing around with speaker positioning first if you want the largest impact on soundstage. You might get what you are after without spending anything

I thoroughly agree with this approach.  Whilst upgrading your equipment certainly makes a difference, those differences are dwarfed by changes in the room and especially speaker positioning.  Get back to basics: bring the speakers out from room boundaries as much as possible - given domestic constraints.  Control the points of first reflection and put your listening position in the right place.  Only then start upon the upgrade path.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do some reading about room correction. Mini dsp is a decent entry point into this game. Room correction did a LOT for my staging and imaging. 

Good luck! 

• Thanks 1