FS: Price drop, retro-thermionic - “Illusion” - SRPP 6SN7 preamp

Item Condition: DIY as new 10/10
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Langwarrin - 3910
State: Victoria
Payment Method: PayPal, COD, Direct bank transfer.
Reason for selling: Too many tube preamp

Further information: Built in a plastic chassis and finished in epoxy enamel Copper Hammertone this good looking and great sounding tube preamp really stands out. If you didn’t know the chassis is plastic you wouldn’t guess it looks and feels so good. The finish is extremely durable. 

If you love your vintage tubes or tube rolling this ones for you. Has a genuine very smooth midrange to treble warm sound. With great bass but the mid range is a standout. 

features are;-

• two selectable inputs from a small front switch, one output RCA
  • gold plated premium RCAs
  • WBT silver (4%) soldered
  • external choked (5H Hammond) triple Pi PS + 24V wall wart
  • bituminised heavy Al foil in the base to suppress resonance
  • black Al knob
  • good gain and will drive into heavy loads
  • SRPP topology 
  • 400uf of 400V filter caps
  • double Pi smother DC filament voltage
  •  Vintage Ozzy 6SN7 GTA Miniwatt 6SN7 - test good+ and matched
  • Russian PIO output caps
  • NP cathode bipass caps
  • metal film resistors
  • ceramic tube sockets with gold plated pin sockets
  • Easy tube roll

http://retro-thermionic.blogspot.com/2020/10/illusion-6sn7-srpp-preamp-in-plastic.html

LECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use. 

Photos:

94C33AA3-C1C9-4FB8-9D05-44799A9B77BD.jpeg

61E86A6E-6401-4201-B20F-F7E987C8EBBA.jpeg

552E666C-A600-44B9-AAA7-78DD5C4BE9E7.jpeg

FC30BAB0-3A48-416B-A6DE-399DB30FE93C.jpeg

Edited by mwhouston
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

To go with the above add. Will be edited soon.

LECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use. 

I recently purchased a similar pre from Mark. It improved the sound in my system by a big margin. This “illusion” will live up to its name, don’t be fooled by the small footprint. I’m running it into a 300watt Holton Power amp driving Harbeth Super HL5 Plus speakers I’ve tried a few pre’s and I think Mark’s is the best in my system. $500!! Someone buy this now. You won’t be disappointed. 

• Like 1