retro-thermionic, Piccolo Pro. Preamp.

Item Condition: New - DIY
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price.
Suburb or Town: Langwarrin
State: VIC
Payment Method: Any
Reason for selling: Too many tube preamps

Further Information

This small tube tube preamp kit has been upgraded with high performance JAN GE 5654W tubes, three selectable inputs and remote control. The original 6J1 tubes are included for a tube roll but the GEs way out perform the cheaper tubes. The caps in the kit are all low ESR types and resistors all metal film. A 12v 1A power power back supplies safe voltages and has an “On” light. Three inputs selected by switches at the front. The remote control pot is an Alps Blue Velvet, with solid brass, gold plated skinny knob. 

Finish is Ocean Blue Hammertone, all wiring is silver plated fine copper wire and WBT silver based solder used throughout. The tubes blue glow, due to LEDs, enhances the overall appearance. The chassis is a Hammond wood cheek and the timber ends have been finished with a Scandinavian finishing oil, two rubbed coats.  The sound from the preamp is very detailed, super clean and clear with bass down to 30hz. Voices are transparent and detailed. This preamp compares very well with my much more expensive builds. Noise is less than 1mV at over 50% full gain. Shipping included. 

http://retro-thermionic.blogspot.com/2023/10/piccolo-pro-6j15654w-small-tube-preamp.html

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER

This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspeect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

IMG_7706.jpeg

IMG_7708.jpeg

• Like 2