Currently Spinning

Record cleaning afternoon here. some old stuff that I needed to decide to bin or keep. Been hacking away with a paintbrush on some of it and the RCM has been working overtime.

Steven Stills is such a smooth laid back cruisey jazzy kinda guitar player, it's unfortunate that he considers himself a singer also because he's not.

The 2minute 12 second song by Graham Nash 'Just a Song Before I Go', Still's guitar, the little riff running through it is just so so silky smooth, I could listen to a 15 minute opus of guitar like this. There isn't a sharp edge in it just silky smooth laid back Sunday morning in the sunshine with a cool drink watching the day arrive.

CSN.thumb.jpg.3965e67341a9b7f24de3731d7bcae0f5.jpg

It's heading for the bargain bin anyway as it's a such a short song and i find the rest of the album a bit naf.

First outing for a minty washed copy of this:crossfire-direct-to-disc-oz_9398200.jpg.2a5c31db594e032861549f22184641de.jpg

and this newly washed Jap pressing ofsongremainslp.jpg.91c14d8f75e37d6edd4c8ebde5187805.jpg

Which is headed to the bin too coz I agree with thisbollocks.jpg.d695cf46f99da2be6c97f1bc0cb530a0.jpg

I know people like it and I saw the movie umpteen times but... time to move on for me.

Newly arrived and just chucked on and played is this guyjoe-strummer-part5-1.jpg.adc67815cf6be0a7d6edb31a7352c5c1.jpg

and the remastered long play of

Joe.jpg.e9b7d2a32b75fa25c28ed82a9fc5c11c.jpg

Edit:  Anyone else reckon Uncle Mack is a dead ringer for Robert Plant? Or the other way around perhaps? Haha!

Edited by Luc
  • Like 3

Record cleaning afternoon here. some old stuff that I needed to decide to bin or keep. Been hacking away with a paintbrush on some of it and the RCM has been working overtime.

Steven Stills is such a smooth laid back cruisey jazzy kinda guitar player, it's unfortunate that he considers himself a singer also because he's not.
The 2minute 12 second song by Graham Nash 'Just a Song Before I Go', Still's guitar, the little riff running through it is just so so silky smooth, I could listen to a 15 minute opus of guitar like this. There isn't a sharp edge in it just silky smooth laid back Sunday morning in the sunshine with a cool drink watching the day arrive.
CSN.thumb.jpg.3965e67341a9b7f24de3731d7bcae0f5.jpg

It's heading for the bargain bin anyway as it's a such a short song and i find the rest of the album a bit naf.

First outing for a minty washed copy of this:crossfire-direct-to-disc-oz_9398200.jpg.2a5c31db594e032861549f22184641de.jpg
and this newly washed Jap pressing ofsongremainslp.jpg.91c14d8f75e37d6edd4c8ebde5187805.jpg

Which is headed to the bin too coz I agree with thisbollocks.jpg.d695cf46f99da2be6c97f1bc0cb530a0.jpg

I know people like it and I saw the movie umpteen times but... time to move on for me.

Newly arrived and just chucked on and played is this guyjoe-strummer-part5-1.jpg.adc67815cf6be0a7d6edb31a7352c5c1.jpg

and the remastered long play of
Joe.jpg.e9b7d2a32b75fa25c28ed82a9fc5c11c.jpg

Edit:  Anyone else reckon Uncle Mack is a dead ringer for Robert Plant? Or the other way around perhaps? Haha!

Hey Lee

I'd take SRTS off you mate. Sentiment reasons.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I'm in for the long haul tonight.

I've been wanting to listen to this for years, but have never dedicated the time it needs. The five LP set (4 CD's) runs for around 4 1/2 hours.

The missus is away for the weekend, I've had dinner, and am settling in.

Laurie Anderson - United States Live.

image.jpeg.abf0dd85a24bd94bf483ab441647706e.jpeg

Cheers,

Jason.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Luc said:

'Just a Song Before I Go',

do you want an extended version?  Make your own with soundborb

meantime - located in the space between Dead Can Dance and Golden Palimonos:

R-293999-1115412184.jpg.jpg

very good standard of songwriting and playing but I would one or two standout songs, just to leave this very pleasant place with an earworm or two

Edited by ThirdDrawerDown
needed an edit, dinnit?
  • Like 1

Noice! I got both of these on CD, might be time to queue 'em up for later.

--Geoff

Geoff I bought the CD remaster of Bells Make Me Sing and it's sadly horrible. Too squashed and peak distortion ensues. I was pleased to find a copy on vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d94094f051fd466ed8f033c7f3092a86.jpg
Original newspaper gatefold foldout, unsure of origin and year of the press. I'm a fan of Steven Wilson's stereo (and surround) remix on Blu Ray, but gees the original mix was pretty damn good. I grew up with it but haven't heard the original in some time. A bit static-y but otherwise nice warm tones which suits the style and era. Curious to hear an original UK/European press though and for that matter the Steven Wilson remix on vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Eastern Boc party:

Slawa Przybylska, 1973,  Jak Za Dawnych Lat. Pronit  Records, SXL 0999 Poland.

Various, 1986,  Mikrofons 84  Melody Records, C60 23303 000 USSR. Only took them two years to release the 1984 compilation!

DSCN0935.JPG

DSCN0934.JPG

DSCN0936.JPG

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 2

Done!

Well I'm glad I finally did it, but I can't see myself doing it again, well not all at once anyway.

There's different versions of a bunch of familiar songs, most quite good. The standout is 'O Superman'. The version on this album is longer, more ethereal, and somehow more personal. It has more feeling. Great stuff.

Cheers,

Jason.

Wow so much great music posted in the last day. Thanks for the prompt on Lovebuzz, I am off to Discogs to relive that album :) Scuzzi - how do you like Rag'n Bone man?

Never owned this album on record until now, the postie just dropped off an EMI100 pressing from 1997. Its a superb package that does Kates debut's greatness justice

71ZqmyRH9PL._SL1050_.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, koputai said:

longer, more ethereal, and somehow more personal. It has more feeling

+1 on that. The difficult experiences being the more rewarding. What's surprising is that so much other Anderson material approaches that quality (I'm a fan).

Meantime on the theme of Sunday mornings and rewarding and occasionally difficult experiences, this one keeps coming back into the player. Nowadays this is claiming a place as among the best U2 albums and is overdue for a popular and critical re-evaluation. 

Passengersost1.jpg

U2's Pop did not begin the pattern of U2 albums where you shouldn't start with Track 1, this did.  'The United Colours of Benneton' is simply a bad track to start a rich and rewarding album. So, like Pop, the answer is to use Shuffle or Program Play and bury it in the middle somewheres. But to make it a little more complicated, the playing sequence should always finish with Theme from Let's Go Native, preserving the published sequence on the album - it's the most brash U2-sounding track and makes a solid closer to the album. Shuffle but preserve the final track, anyone?

Within this there is an interesting biographical footnote. U2's Songs of Innocence did not begin the U2 autobiographical songs thing.  Any comprehensive history of U2 should mention Your Blue Room, their paean to Bowie's Berlin apartment where he waited in "electric blue" for inspiration to strike him with "sound and vision". When followed by "A Different Kind of Blue" you can get something of a musical statement by U2 and Eno about their connection with Berlin-era Bowie.  And of course, as one of the two writers of ""Heroes"", Eno was there at Hansa Studios.

But this is the territory of B-sides U2, the place where their most experimental work is to be found. Moments of crunch; moments of ethereal beauty; moments of humour.

• Like 3

Astral Mothers Temple: Minstrel In The Galaxy.

As with a lot of their albums, the title is a play on a well known album. In this case, Jethro Tull's Minstrel In The Gallery.

I've long known of this band, but until recently hadn't bothered to delve into their huge catalogue.

Last night I spent time looking for an entry point to the band's  more accessable albums, and this is one of a couple I ended up with.

3 songs. A 3 minute warm up, the 40 minute 2nd track, and an excellent cool down third track.

Will be delving deeper into the band and it's off shoots.

@Dave O))), I reckon this might be right up your alley.

R-637950-1288192259.jpeg.jpg

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 3

@soundfan that AMT is some pretty freaky shiz! But for now I'm on something completely different. First real listen to this. Needs no introduction, but what a firebrand performance. A double LP I just got from my long late father's-in-law collection. Aussie RCA 1959 pressing. Sounds damn good, too.

1f5bffaa974bdeda8f52bc03fe43bc95.jpg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, awayward said:

Read a good review about Cairo's album Say this morning.

First listen to this PROG Rock band and am enjoying it thoroughly.

IMG_0134.JPG

Is this the same band that was on the Magna Carta label back in the 90's? That cd was great with a cool song called Silent Winter.