Currently Spinning

Some Tull earlier. Warchild.

Jethro_Tull_-_War_Child.jpg

Then some Steeleye Span-Original Masters. The US version with a slightly different tracklisting and some of the tracks 'enhanced' as the Yanks had a habit of doing back in the day. It makes for a too bright treble on the messed about tracks.

R-1854372-1258983383.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Also bought through Discus.

David Bowie - Hours - MOV vinyl release.    quiet pressing and sonics are pretty good - a better job done compared to Reality.

The Sinatra is very good to Shane.....highly recommended.

Cheers Tony.

Not heard of Ulver before?  Any good?

So for today, felt like a bit of fuzzy guitar.  So started with Black Tremor.  Nice.

a1764613626_2.jpg

Then some GY!BE for a bit of pomp.

homepage_large.a43ecff4.jpg

Then continuing on with the post...ish rock theme, finishing with Sleepmakeswaves.  Damn that first song is a good album opener.

product_78856.jpg

• Like 2

Another quality album from M.Ward.

Great on vinyl too.

MI0003336473.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

@@soundfan

I grabbed the triple pack from Discus before they closed(at a killer price) and I had this as a FLAC for yonks and while I don't wanna crap in the digital boys laps ...          the vinyl just blows it outta the water.

Just spun this to listen to one song: The Outsider. worth the price of the album

maxresdefault.jpg

Listening to this for the first time in, umm , longer than yonks, so that's gotta be 20 yr + I reckon

maxresdefault.jpg

and this is about to go on as beer is replaced with a Shiraz and thoughts of tea arrivezen178.jpg

A fantastic purchase from Clay @ Thornbury Records a triple 180grm album and three others purchased last week for silly money(buy 80 bucks or better and it's free delivery..the package arrived packed like a brick and cost him $18...dunno how he does it.) can't recommend them enough plus...How good is Bonobo? Like why's it taken so long for me to cotton on to him?

• Like 6

SUNN O))) & ULVER - Terrestrials

sunn-o-and-ulver-terrestrials.jpg

Best review I heard about this album came from my wife. I bought the vinyl from southern lord, and was listening to the download on the computer before it arrived. She walked past the study and said "what are you listening to?"

I said "Sunn O)))".

She walked off and came back 5 mins later and said "can you turn that off, it's making me feel awful. I feel yuck inside"...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Best review I heard about this album came from my wife. I bought the vinyl from southern lord, and was listening to the download on the computer before it arrived. She walked past the study and said "what are you listening to?"

I said "Sunn O)))".

She walked off and came back 5 mins later and said "can you turn that off, it's making me feel awful. I feel yuck inside"...

Hahahahahaha.  Well that's encouraging.

@@soundfan

I grabbed the triple pack from Discus before they closed(at a killer price) and I had this as a FLAC for yonks and while I don't wanna crap in the digital boys laps ...          the vinyl just blows it outta the water.

Was listening to Hold Time on vinyl this morning. The lp is great.

and this is about to go on as beer is replaced with a Shiraz and thoughts of tea arrivezen178.jpg

A fantastic purchase from Clay @ Thornbury Records a triple 180grm album and three others purchased last week for silly money(buy 80 bucks or better and it's free delivery..the package arrived packed like a brick and cost him $18...dunno how he does it.) can't recommend them enough plus...How good is Bonobo? Like why's it taken so long for me to cotton on to him?

I ordered this in 2012 from wowhd but they never got around to sending it to me! ;( :P

Had to be content with the originals. North Borders was a bit of a disappointment but Green does some tasty work with the Late Night Tales.

• Like 2

I said "Sunn O)))".

Sounds like my wife and her thoughts on some of my music.  :D

• Like 1

Hahahahahaha. Well that's encouraging.

It's not like it was an opinion about the band (I've also played Sunn O))) the black one for her, and she was cool with that), but this album solicited a purely physical reaction (repulsion?) to it, so you've gotta love it

• Like 2