Hulgich Audio Owners & Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, Marc said:

Let's hope we can do similar one day soon!

The room is very different since back then.

115/5000

I am sure that better times will come soon and of course I will be ready for the occasion. Looking forward for that day and thank you once again for the invitation. Cheers

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Still the best looking HA speaker IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I’m not one to argue with that statement! ;)

Here are a couple more pics .

Recently changed the shorting plates between the speakers posts to some Nordost Norse 2 jumper cables and improved things noticeably.

@HA_Nick believe you have better terminal plates available, we discussed a while back?

138D529E-A6D0-45C9-8AFA-27425DC24E5F.jpeg

0AFEE4D7-76BF-4C2E-A50B-08600164553D.jpeg

0A11A888-05A6-4C5D-9BA6-65AD738B2017.jpeg

DF1F867D-1A0B-441C-B7AE-DD5DF96A96FF.jpeg

DAF77982-296A-483D-9AFC-E55D733CA2A3.jpeg

20201026_143908.jpg

Edited by evil c
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Esoterica said:

Is there a pricelist anywhere? I googled the name for the website and didn't see any prices there. This is a bugbear of mine, when retail and real estate don't list a damned price. What's the point?!

The point is you take the time to ring and speak to the Aussie bloke who makes them

2 hours ago, Gryffles said:

The point is you take the time to ring and speak to the Aussie bloke who makes them

Or not bother because the prospective buyer doesn't even know if they're in their price range.

This isn't a knock on Nick (and I have told him that by PM, as he messaged me about prices) but I don't see why you wouldn't advertise the price? This goes for any retailer. I have the same problem with how more than half the properties advertised are "poa" or "expression of interest ", or something similar. Just give me sn idea so I can not waste time ringing up to only find out it's way out of my price range.

Anyway, this is off topic so I won't continue.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AudioGeek said:

From previous experience in real estate - its usually a tactic to see how much you can get away with, or to get a buyer to make contact for a bait and switch.

I dont think this happens in Audio

It drives me up the wall and I just ignore those ads. If you have a price range in mind, you look for stuff in that range. I don't recall seeing much of it in audio either. If you're selling a product, I don't see the point of not advertising the price, unless you're trying to hide it from competitors or something.

Anyway, like I said, I've made the point so will leave it at that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marc said:

I agree.

I can see why some may prefer the Dukes, which are slightly shorter but look pretty much the same. I think the Dukes would serve a big room and also be at home in a smaller apartment. 

@HA_Nick It is a beautiful centre especially with the stand, I’m just not into surround sound. The sound for movies that comes out of the two main Astors is plenty good enough for me.

I’ve been following @evil c’s new upgrade threads and can concur that you really notice each upgraded component with the speakers. Clive I borrowed some speaker cables to try out and also replaced the jumper plate with a jumper cable.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike13 said:

I’ve been following @evil c’s new upgrade threads and can concur that you really notice each upgraded component with the speakers. Clive I borrowed some speaker cables to try out and also replaced the jumper plate with a jumper cable.

Good stuff Mike! ?

But have you updated the feet to the IsoAcoustics Gaia 1 yet? ?

2 hours ago, evil c said:

But have you updated the feet to the IsoAcoustics Gaia 1 yet? ?

I was looking at those and wondering what they are. Just looked them up - $1k feet sounds expensive, but the speakers might deserve them eventually. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mike13 said:

$1k feet sounds expensive, but the speakers might deserve them eventually. 

One of the best upgrades you can make. I'm yet to come across any speaker that has not benefited from their fitment yet.

• Like 2

On 27/10/2020 at 12:23 PM, Mike13 said:

I was looking at those and wondering what they are. Just looked them up - $1k feet sounds expensive, but the speakers might deserve them eventually. 

@Mike13 I installed them on my Hulgich Ella and there was significant upgrade.  Possibly also due to the slightly bouncy old wooden floorboards that the Ella are on.

• Like 2

On 02/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Whites said:

@Mike13 I installed them on my Hulgich Ella and there was significant upgrade.  Possibly also due to the slightly bouncy old wooden floorboards that the Ella are on.

Yes I wonder how much difference the surface makes. Mine are on concrete with carpet in front. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my Ella Mk II speakers for 4 months now and absolutely love them. They sounded great out of the box but when properly placed and with a few hundred hrs on them they really are something special. The imaging and cohesion between the frequency's is really something to hear. Image depth and width is holographic; bass has slam, is fast and tight but you hear the instrument not just the note, highs are extended and natural...cymbals sound like cymbals...for example, on good recordings the bell on a ride sounds like the bell on a ride. Mid range and voices are beautiful. Recordings have a physical presence in the room. I hear things that i couldn't before. They did highlight the weak points in my system and much to my wife's dismay meant an upgrade of DAC and CD Transport as well. Once she heard them partnered with more appropriate source components she understood!!! 

To top it all off, Nick is an absolute pleasure to deal with both before and after receiving the speakers. Highly recommend.

• Like 6