Great Buys On Ebay, Gumtree, Marketplace etc.

That is not an ESPRIT model. That's from the "pre-ESPRIT" Sony range, including the matching TA-N86 power amp. And the (V-Fet) TA-N88 power amp / TA-E88 preamp.

Faceplate is in stellar shape. These are a respectable pre with a reasonable phono stage. Bigger than they look though, in terms of footprint.

Certainly Alistair these pre-Esprit models are very good. The design of the amplifiers and preamps is beautiful, originally designed in the late 70's, and still look stunning nearly 40 years later. No IC's inside either. The ALPS attenuators I have heard can be problematic, BUT that may be for the pot in the TA-E88..I think this series with the TA-N7B are amonst the most timeless audio pieces ever designed.

• Like 2

Seller has 80% feedback, minimal description, shi.tty pics...buy with confidence do you think?

To be fair to the seller the feedback of 80% is because of a $15 stair gate that someone gave him a neg on because of a missing widget.

The main issue is both (BE) tweeters are kaput. How easy are they to replace and at what cost?

Academic now as the seller has pulled the listing

Old sugden are rubbish, I chucked one in the bin because it kept blowing channels.

That should keep the snipers at bay... emoticon_ShiftyEyes.gif

Edited by aasza