Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

• 2 weeks later...

Astell and Kern SP2000

Oriolus Trailli with the stock silicone tips and Oriolus tuned PWA 1960 4-wire cable. The Photopolymer housings are very light and comfy.

Sings laid back and detailed. Not dissimilar to the Sennheiser HD800S.

Apparently those audiophile nutters in the US have stacked the Cayin C-9 portable amp with the SP2000 to improve the sound further. I think I've done what I can to be satisfied with my IEM set-up.

IMG_3079.jpeg

IMG_3070.jpeg

Edited by Dr_Kevy
  • Like 2

I sold my HD800 this week, its an excellent headphone I rate highly but I just wasn't using it enough to justify keeping it., I'd maybe listen for 30-minutes to the same 4-5 songs and go back to gaming or other things. I still have HD800S so I can cure the itch but sometimes you need to let go so someone else can enjoy it.

20210512_140131.thumb.jpg.89bdf543c34466e15ca8b9b105a6beee.jpg

Edited by eLicky
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 24/03/2021 at 9:26 PM, Bengineer said:

Toying with idea of a modular system using the Hirose HR10 connectors at the splitter and near amp end, but a pair of those is 18grams, twice the weight of this single viablue. Hmmm.

Why not just make it 3.5mm on the headphone end and 4.4mm on the amp end then rely on adapters ?  For the amp side, lots of adapters already available for 4.4mm to 3.5mm/2.5mm/6.35mm/4-pin XLR. Headphone side, there are some available or could make your own super short 3.5mm to whatever headphones (LEMO, mini-XLR, etc.).

24 minutes ago, deafenears said:

Why not just make it 3.5mm on the headphone end and 4.4mm on the amp end then rely on adapters ?  For the amp side, lots of adapters already available for 4.4mm to 3.5mm/2.5mm/6.35mm/4-pin XLR. Headphone side, there are some available or could make your own super short 3.5mm to whatever headphones (LEMO, mini-XLR, etc.).

Headphone cup end adapters are annoying. Extra weight and bulk and dangly bits.

And 4.4mm I'm yet to find one that is well priced and has large enough terminals and she'll to fit the thicker wire easily. 24awg on those things is pushing it, 22+ is sketchy.

I've also mostly just stopped the modular cable idea!

A quick teaser photo.

The 2GO/Hugo2 paired to a Cayin C9 portable amplifier.

Sennheiser HD800S

There are not many portable sources with the flexibility and sound of this particular source combination. And synergises magnificently with the Sennheiser HD800S for acoustic/classical styles.

For those who like the warmer, sweet and musical presentations, the Class A/Korg Nu-Tube combination in the Cayin C9. Ain't going to find a better portable amp.

IMG_3462.jpeg

• Like 1

On 23/05/2021 at 11:37 PM, spamnoj said:

Thought the HD650s/6xxs weren't for me, until I heard this pairing. Very content!

Wow beautiful work on the wood box, how did you make it?

Slight adjustment to my setup. My Audioquest perch was leaving dent marks on the corners of my Aeolus, so I picked up a Salire stand locally.

IMG_20210517_131053.jpg

Edited by ColdsnapBry
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ColdsnapBry said:

Wow beautiful work on the wood box, how did you make it?

Thanks mate, it's Tasmanian blackheart sassafras, pretty isn't it?

It's a simple box, 45 degree mitred corners and then just glued together but with the edges rounded off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Kevy said:

The new Naim uniti headphone edition. 

205B4BAE-AB73-4344-876C-335C28142A90.jpeg

I heard one of these recently with the new Clear MG and the Utopias. Excellent sounding one box solution. Even drove some LCD-4s nicely at about 75 vol. Let us know your thoughts. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bengineer said:

If you like it just stop. Stop now.

😅 ..... stopping has only just occurred in the main system. I suspect it may take a while in the HP setup as well...if this thread and forum are any indication. 

Just now, AlurkA said:

😅 ..... stopping has only just occurred in the main system. I suspect it may take a while in the HP setup as well...if this thread and forum are any indication. 

Ok, then just go endgame and be done with it :P

Susvara and stop 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Ok, then just go endgame and be done with it :P

Susvara and stop 

Hahaha funnily enough I was looking at those this arvo.  I’d need an amp and DAC to go with them....of course 😀