Magnepan Owners & Discussion Thread

Guest Music monster

I bought a pair of 1.7i and they sounded excellent in my room.that was enough to convince me the 30.7s would be surberb.talking with bill my room should bring the best out of them.gary the music monster.

11 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

You have to asked this question Gary,  why do so many Maggie owners use a cone driver for a sub?  And that includes @andyr  Even when Bill Maclean does his demonstration he does it with a sub, now he’s been pushed by Magnaplanar to sell there DWM Bass Panel.    In the last show in  Melb a few years now Bill was using 2 of these on a pair of 1.7.   When you get on the phone he’s pushing hard to get the numbers of sale for the DWM.  I’ve also heard the Apagees many years ago,  you can’t possible ask these to do what a cone does for LF., if you do you’re just kidding yourself.

I think it needs to be acknowledged that many an audiophile incorporates a sub into their system irrespective of what type of speaker they have. 

The DWMs were always an attempt at getting the bottom end that was achievable with the Tympani range without the extra panels. 

I've heard what the 20.7s have to offer and I know the Tympanis have more to offer epically in the bottom end. 

I've got no doubts these 30.7s will be astonishingly good. 

Yes they are! In many ways... 

To address the bass:

1. Fast and agile

2. Start - stop acceleration is superb!

3. No overhang whatsoever, and delivers all the bass layering required. 

To me that's plenty of bass and low level detail, to add a sub with a traditional cone will ruin this beauty. But that's just my preference as I am sure there will be many who would still want more bass... 

RJ

Guest Music monster

Definitely No subwoofers required with the 30.7s. I don’t think any subs would be able to keep up with there bass.gary the music monster ?

What the reviewer comment on the LRS can be use to describe my 3.7i except I believe the high / Low frequency and maximum SPL in another class .......

Extremely happy for my 3.7i’s sound,  except now waiting for the 3rd pair replacement......yes , an Aluminium trim pair will be replaceing my black ork trim pair in one month time....

good service Absolute sound and their Maggie dealer AudioRev, thumb up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Music monster

To all Maggie’s and panel speakers enthusiasts the long wait is over,the first pair of 30.7s have landed in Australia and have being delivered to me.i am excited and cart wait to run them in and find out how good they are Cheers to all gary the music monster ?

F98C3968-C176-4768-A27C-9EDF5DB44D39.jpeg

Edited by Music monster
Add picture

Guest Music monster

Thanks big dog. I will post more pictures and comment on the sound once I get to hear them.cheers gary the music monster ?

8D417AAC-0EE0-425C-99A3-603FEBDACFE1.jpeg

20 hours ago, Gary janezic said:

To all Maggie’s and panel speakers enthusiasts the long wait is over,the first pair of 30.7s have landed in Australia and have being delivered to me.i am excited and cart wait to run them in and find out how good they are Cheers to all gary the music monster ?

F98C3968-C176-4768-A27C-9EDF5DB44D39.jpeg

Sensational!  :thumb:  (And Bill made fun of the 'coffins' I made, to send my panels up to him, for repair!  :lol: )

Andy

Guest Music monster

Andy I actually unscrewed the whole top for nothin when I only needed to unscrew one side of the crate and slide them out lol? gary the music monster ?

BB735907-0CDD-4921-83A2-63AF733BE2F9.jpeg

On 05/05/2019 at 5:51 PM, Gary janezic said:

Andy I actually unscrewed the whole top for nothin when I only needed to unscrew one side of the crate and slide them out lol? gary the music monster ?

BB735907-0CDD-4921-83A2-63AF733BE2F9.jpeg

Whats the update Gary, are the Maggies everything you said they'd be ?

Yeah.  I’m interested too.

Did they arrive with some shmick packaging and information? Do they sound the way you thought  they would?

Or have you been quiet cause your too busy listening to them ?

Edited by hugo_wilco

Guest Music monster

No not these ones Wilco,it’s different with there new flagship.all I have done with the help of my good friend is take them out of the crate and out of boxes and put the feet on.now I cart do nothin till bill comes down and I believe windell diller of magnapan to set them up and calibrate them. Only than they supply the cable to link them together and the manual and probably other accessories ,hence this speaker is not to be used until the set up is done by the dealer and manufacture.the service has surprised me it is top notch easily the best service I have ever had.i will definitely let everybody know how good they are when I get to hear them.bill will bring down room acoustics treatment as well just in case they are needed. Magnapan wants the owner of this speaker to clearly be happy. I’m very impressed so far the build quality is excellent and they look very elegant as well. Cheers gary the music monster ?

2138AB44-F440-4758-813B-C486BFE8A10D.jpeg

Guest Music monster

I cart wait to hear them.room size and acoustics are critical to the sound of Maggie’s especially the 30.7s. That’s way I only bought these after test driving a pair of 1.7i and discussing with bill the sound I was getting from them. This told us that my room is well suited to these panels as even the 1.7i sounded very good to my surprise.i wasn’t expecting such a high quality sound from a pair of $4000 speakers. The 30.7s are a big step up in sound quality compared to any previous Maggie’s including the 20.7s. bigdog rj was stunned at there sound when he went to Singapore to hear them, he called them the new reference in panel speakers.check out his thread on stereonet.i am expecting the absolute ultimate sound out of the 30.7s.will they live up to my very fussy standards,we shall found out .Gary the music monster ??