Discrete R2R Mutibit Dac's from Asia Airist Audio

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Zaphod ordered three of them back in 10-2018 they just got delivered yesterday.

Here's some pics he took of the main board with discrete R2R Multibit daughter board attached.

Cheers George 

Massdrop_8.JPG

Massdrop_9.JPG

Massdrop_6.JPG

Massdrop_5.JPG

Guest Muon N'

Look at all those little critters on that PCB :o Call in the team from Fantastic Voyage for work on it xD

Looks serious :thumb:

Edited by Muon N'
Typo *sigh*

9 hours ago, Pops110 said:

You should tell him to pop back in for a bit. I miss myself and others butting heads with him

9 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

e was hanging around somewhere else,  but it looks like he’s just giving it a rest.

You could check the members list to see if he's still active.

For some reason I have only one attempt to open the page let alone search in it

Cheers George 

Pretty much the budget for the next 10 years. My wife saw a credit card statement..... Then we had a baby.....

Best I can pull off are recaps etc now. Besides, I can't see it bettering my upgraded Muji Studio DAC II or Gieseler GroB + Kraftwerk PSU though you never do know. Had the chance to compare the Muji directly with a Lenehan PDX recently in my system....  Took about 20 seconds to hear that the Muji was significantly better ;)

Not sure if it's worth updating coupling and output caps in the Muji at this point.....

Edited by MattyW

Nah, I'm at a point where my two main systems as well as computer near field setup all sound pretty spectacular so there's just no point. I've lost the will to buy something to find out just how good it is to feed my curiosity..... I'm now just enjoying the music ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misternavi said:

I just eBay searched the Muji, looks interesting. How did you stumble upon it? 

Stumbled on it while looking for Philips TDA1541 based DAC's. It looked good for the price so I took a punt on it.

Donald Tan found a few soldering issues he fixed up when converting it to 240V. Also installed DIP8 sockets in place of the 4x NE5534 it originally had. I found 2x Burson V5i-D and 2x Burson V6-D Vivid OPAMPS. I also changed the standard TDA1541A R1 HHH for a TDA1541 S1 HHH chip.

It's the best I've ever heard with digital content despite a small amount of low level hum through my 97db efficient speakers.  It's inaudible once the music starts anyway. It's made me question why I ever got into vinyl. It's just that good ;)

Edited by MattyW

No volume control no. You use software to down sample files to 16/48. Fibre and coax inputs don't go higher I believe anyway.  Beats out other DAC's I've tried with native DSD content. Quite incredible. It just doesn't need much for incredible results.

Edited by MattyW

No volume control no. You use software to down sample files to 16/48. Fibre and coax inputs don't go higher I believe anyway.  Beats out other DAC's I've tried with native DSD content. Quite incredible. It just doesn't need much for incredible results.

so how much more did you spend to get it to your current DAC?

so how much more did you spend to get it to your current DAC?