Star Wars: The Last Jedi - The Official StereoNet Spoilers Thread

Guest thathifiguy
6 hours ago, Al.M said:

Thanks for pointing out that bomber bombs need gravity to work, something didn’t seem right with that scene. Also, why did the big tough Dreadnought Starship have such a gaping hole weak spot.

This was actually covered in additional story content in the recent Star Wars Battlefront II game.

The character you play as recovered plans for the Dreadnought class ships and inherently pinpointed their weakness.

Went last night with my bro, now a 40 year cinema tradition :ohmy:

I enjoyed it of course, but I'm starting to cringe a bit a the childish/fluffy toy bits and having to suspend disbelief at some sequences. Half way through I realised why I enjoyed Rogue One so much, Star Wars for grown ups. Which I guess I am now :winky:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enikoy said:

Went last night with my bro, now a 40 year cinema tradition :ohmy:

I enjoyed it of course, but I'm starting to cringe a bit a the childish/fluffy toy bits and having to suspend disbelief at some sequences. Half way through I realised why I enjoyed Rogue One so much, Star Wars for grown ups. Which I guess I am now :winky:

Yes, that's what I always have to keep in my head. When I went to the drive in in my jammies as a 7 yr old kid to see Star Wars in the 1970's, the whole world was a very different place to what it is now.

That place and time now only exists in another place and time, in a galaxy far far away.

Empire Strikes Back remains my favourite.

13 hours ago, thathifiguy said:

This was actually covered in additional story content in the recent Star Wars Battlefront II game.

The character you play as recovered plans for the Dreadnought class ships and inherently pinpointed their weakness.

In the Milky Way planet earth we have laser guided gps bombs with pinpoint accuracy that can be launched far away.

Guest thathifiguy
10 hours ago, Al.M said:

In the Milky Way planet earth we have laser guided gps bombs with pinpoint accuracy that can be launched far away.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise Star Wars was non-fiction. My mistake.

Saw it on Monday. I've never been a great Star Wars fan although something perversely brings me along to each new movie hoping that this will be the one where I won't leave disappointed. This wasn't the one, it was just another formulaic JJ Abrams action-heavy plot thin emotionally unengaging action movie. No surprises, simplistic monomolecular layer thin plot that requires a massive suspension of belief.

Oh well, there's always the next one

Guest thathifiguy
2 hours ago, proftournesol said:

Saw it on Monday. I've never been a great Star Wars fan although something perversely brings me along to each new movie hoping that this will be the one where I won't leave disappointed. This wasn't the one, it was just another formulaic JJ Abrams action-heavy plot thin emotionally unengaging action movie. No surprises, simplistic monomolecular layer thin plot that requires a massive suspension of belief.

Oh well, there's always the next one

JJ Abrams had nothing to do with it?

Though he will be directing the next one.

I'd still like to know where Luke's original lightsaber came from... as Boz (Roz, Joz?) said in TFA: "An interesting story... for another time". I hope they explain who picked it up from Bespin. And why she had Obi Wan's crate in her basement.

At least we know Rey isn't related to Obi Wan (phew!).

As for theories claiming Kylo is really waiting to show his true colours and show he's a goodie... fat chance I say.

Cheers,

Alberto

On 12/18/2017 at 7:07 AM, Darren69 said:

I don't believe Rey is a nobody and more will come out about that. Tis just a ploy methinks.

I think the same, it was a misdirection, they may not be her biological parents. When she went to the hole and ask about her parents, she saw her own image. It is plausible that she, like Anakin, was born from the Force itself. This explains why her connection to the force was so natural, and she was able to fly the Falcon so well.  

• Like 2

I kinda miss the old days - before my friends had kids and we'd watch a movie then head for coffee and spend about as long the movie run time discussing the movie and what we felt.

Watching Kevin Smith's (almost) immediate reaction feels a lot like that. 

43 minutes ago, DoggieHowser said:

I kinda miss the old days - before my friends had kids and we'd watch a movie then head for coffee and spend about as long the movie run time discussing the movie and what we felt.

Watching Kevin Smith's (almost) immediate reaction feels a lot like that. 

I watched the whole thing last night (the review). I agree with Kevin Smith on most things, except the end. I was so blown away by Luke's Force appearance, they could not have done it better I think, it was a true WTF!!! moment.

It was a good review too. It feels as watching the movie retold bit by bit, pretty cool.

I have a few colleagues at work who are Star Wars fanboys as well. At least I could have a chat with one of them on the 15th already, but we had to keep out of earshot.

Cheers,

Alberto

On 26/12/2017 at 4:55 PM, :) al said:

not sure been posted here, but looks like the ISS astronauts got to enjoy last jedi !  

ISS_projector.jpg

cool they setup a projector and screen somehow, looks like sitting kicking back with a drink :)

ISS_projector1.jpg

Bet they’ll be saying much of that isn’t scientifically possible and why didn’t they borrow gps guided laser smart bombs to use on the dreadnaught from planet earth.

Finally saw TLJ a few days back... excellent instalment to the series and fantastic with VMAX and Atmos. :D

This new film raises many new questions while closing some old ones.

It's a shame though that Han Solo is gone and now Luke too. :( ... still, I assume Luke will appear as a "force ghost" in the next one. :lol:

I think they were planning on retaining the Leia character though and now Carrie Fisher has passed away, this of course won't be possible... unless they do a dodgy actor replacement, but I doubt that. They may just have to gently write her character out of the next film.

So what is the go with Rey and Ben... are they brother and sister, old cousins? Kylo/Ben tells her her parents were nothing... does he know more, was he lying to try and lure her to the darkside?

Anakin was apparently miraculously conceived by the force... maybe Rey was too?

Rey is clearly strong with the force, but also seems unbalanced. She is the counterpoint in the force to Kylo Ren. Snoke said he was responsible for connecting their minds, was he? Seems very similar to what Luke and Leia are able to do...

All I know is, I felt like some of these after the film;

akhqia9szykurf82pgmh.jpg

:lol:

1869460_1.jpg

JSmith :ninja:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...