Cheeky's front room - new system unit.

Hi Keith

Looks like a great setup, I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks....

Regards

Sam

Thanks Sam, it sounding pretty good at this stage, but I'll keep chipping away at these speakers and other projects as I enjoy the DIY side so much. I have plans for the Garrard too as well as at least another turntable, so I guess it never really stops, just plateaus for a while.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

Hi Keith,

Great job on the speaker boxes, well done!

Good to see your cabinet is holding up well, and for many years to come. I am making another cabinet in the near future for a member from the ACT which should turn out great, hopefully he posts a thread once its set up as well.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Keith,

Great job on the speaker boxes, well done!

Good to see your cabinet is holding up well, and for many years to come. I am making another cabinet in the near future for a member from the ACT which should turn out great, hopefully he posts a thread once its set up as well.

Keep up the good work!

Hi Dan, I haven't seen you popping up much here mate. The cabinet looks great and always gets favourable comment when someone visits here.

Cheers,

Keith

Jesus, Kieth everytime I looked at a photo there was another set of speakers.

Anyways ....

Just tell your Missus like I tell mine,

IT'S YOU OR THE CRICKET

or

maybe I just think it. ;)

dirty.

• 2 months later...

Well folks, I've made a couple of small changes and one significant change to my front room system, that I feel warrants a few updated pics for those of you out there that are interested. I had a small GTG here yesterday and these pics are courtesy of Glen [GAT474], thanks mate.

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

Picture927.jpg

Cheers,

Keith

Yes thanks fellas, I'm pretty happy with how it has come together, especially the three ways which I did more for a project to complete and I didn't have really high expectations for them.........I was wrong. As good as the Garrards where the SME with the Series V arm is at another level again and that has been helped along too by the addition of the Slee Elevator EXP in combo with the Reflex. I was a bit sad to see the Nighthawk go but the improvement with the Slee combo is worth it.

Cheers,

Keith

Yeah great Keith, thanks to your latest update I've had to go out and buy some more vinyl and a new cartridge! You got me into this vinyl mess, it's all your fault!

Yes, isn't good mate...........all my evil plans are finally coming to fruition!:)

Looks great Cheeky , so , have you arrived at your goal or is this just a stop-over ?

Thanks Willow, I think I've gotta pull my head in for a while, but I'd never say arrived in this hobby.........I've got a few more plans for the vinyl rig and you can never have too many speakers, can you?:)

Looks super good Keith. Congrats.

Thanks Chris, the SME is an even better spinner than I thought it would be mate.

Graham, I don't know about keeping you humble, but I know that it's keeping me poor!:(

Cheers,

Keith

A good looking setup cheekyboy.

Hope the chairs are comfortable, I imagine you'll do plenty of time in them whilst listening!

Thanks peacewise, the chairs are pretty comfortable and I certainly have no problem falling asleep in them. They are recliners that belonged to my wife's parents and they would be around 45 years old and we've had them for more than 35 of those years.........I doubt they make them like that anymore!

Cheers,

Keith

Congrats on the new spinner Keith. Good to hear about the improvement. Now will you bring it to MAC if Vince can't arrange a Caliburn to show ? :(:)

Thanks Jasper. Ah no, I don't think I'll be bringing it along to the MAC mate............bloody hell, I just realised it's a belt drive too!!:)

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks Jasper. Ah no, I don't think I'll be bringing it along to the MAC mate............bloody hell, I just realised it's a belt drive too!!:)

Cheers,

Keith

Heheh! Just stirring.:)

Suspended belt drive too ... I could just imagine Vince said told you so.... now you can be a "true music lover":(

Hi Keith,

For a "statesman" of the hobby you sure have gone through some some nice bits of gear lately! :)

Very nice mate, your system and room are looking really good and inviting. I guess it's safe to assume the sound quality has gone up a few levels too??

You were pretty quite about the new TT acquisition, or did I miss something?:P

Cheers, flemo.

Hi Peter and Grumps, the changes I made to that system, especially the speakers for me was not such a big surprise, as that isn't going to stop and I still have the previous two pairs in another system. The Nighthawk has gone and I feel the Slee Reflex/Elevator EXP combo, while taking nothing away from the Nighthawk, is a considerable improvement. The big change was the turntable and I basically took my time quietly [or at least I tried to to do it quietly] while I still had the Garrards in my system to do a good evaluation and to weigh up for sure if I thought the additional expense of the SME was worth spending. The Garrards are gone now and I have the SME in that front room system, so you can see that I obviously made the decision that the SME is worth it. The rest of the system hasn't changed at all and I'm very happy with the way it has come together and apart from perhaps looking at an additional outboard tonearm and experimentation with some different cartridges, I can't see me changing the vinyl rig for some considerable time. Speaker building for me is a hobby and I'm not about to stop that, so that part of my front room system will probably change in the future, but for now I'm very happy with the three ways and they'll do me till I get the itch for another project.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy